Windows 10: System and reserved files use 70GB. How delete them?

Discus and support System and reserved files use 70GB. How delete them? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can I ask if that is a command I should carry out regularly?? To be honest, I'm not sure how you got in that state in the first place - I've not seen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by edzalsd, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Bree New Member

System and reserved files use 70GB. How delete them?

To be honest, I'm not sure how you got in that state in the first place - I've not seen that on my system and it's been running Windows 10 since 29 July 2015. Regular use? No, probably not needed - but at least you now know what to do if it ever returns.

2. Bree New Member

That first one got me an extra 5GB over and above what a Disk Clean up of system files could manage. The more updates you have had, the more it can release, so probably not much for 1703, but well worth doing on a 1607 system that's been getting updates since last August.

The downside of /ResetBase is that you can no longer uninstall any updates that were installed prior to its use.

3. True, but it is unlikely anyone would do it anyway, unless some serious issues were caused by an update.

TairikuOkami, May 17, 2017
  4. System and reserved files use 70GB. How delete them?

@TairikuOkami ok, will try out those commands as well, thanks! Yes I've been using CCleaner for some time now, and certainly as soon as I started using my current laptop. It usually only cleans between 1-2.5GB at a time. Perhaps I need to select more compartments for it to clean? But as I said, I worried about it cleaning essential things and causing any harm.

lemonteajunkie, May 17, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    I agree, but it's worth mentioning the 'health warning' so one can make an informed choice of whether or not to use /ResetBase.

6. Eagle51 Win User
    lemonteajunkie ... You might want to check and clean up the Storage Volume Shadow Copies in Device Manager.
    Open Device Manager / View / Show Hidden Devices
    Expand Storage Volume Shadow Copies ... if you have any greyed out Generic Volume Shadow Copy, just right click on each of the greyed out ones and uninstall.

Note: This doesn't help regain any HDD space, just good practice IMO when deleting/cleaning up restore points.

Eagle51, May 17, 2017
  7. @Eagle51 thanks, have done as you suggested. Only one greyed out entry at the time.

lemonteajunkie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

System and reserved files use 70GB. How delete them?

1. System and reserved files use 70GB. How delete them? - Similar Threads - System reserved files

2. How to delete system file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete system file: Have a .sys file left after removing application. How do I delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-system-file/16286353-0324-4fc8-8fa5-26cc6d28230b
  3. How to delete system file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete system file: Have a .sys file left after removing application. How do I delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-system-file/16286353-0324-4fc8-8fa5-26cc6d28230b
  4. Deleted system 32 files in Windows 10. How to reinstall them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted system 32 files in Windows 10. How to reinstall them?: Hi, I have a Dell computer that had Windows 10 built in and downloaded on setup. I have accidently deleted all system 32 files. How do I reinstall them given I do not have any discs? I am also only an intermediate user with limited computer skills....
  5. Strange 70gb file that i cant delete

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange 70gb file that i cant delete: so i was looking through some files on my computer and eventually found my way (with some difficulties due to windows not giving me permission) to the windowsapps folder in my d: drive. it had 3 files in it, but only one was of interest. It was titled...
  6. Accidentally deleted system reserved partirion

Accidentally deleted system reserved partirion: How can I restore it without reinstalling? submitted by /u/gerardit04 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h95drf/accidentally_deleted_system_reserved_partirion/
  7. Delete Old System Reserved Partition?

Delete Old System Reserved Partition?: Hi, I have just built a new PC and have installed a new installation of Windows on an NVMe drive. I then took out my old hard drives from my previous PC and installed them in my new one, I want to be able to use them all for storage. When I go into Disk Management I see all...
  8. Deleting files in System Reserved Partition EFI in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting files in System Reserved Partition EFI in Windows 10: For some reason, android is in my system reserved partition and it is taking up all of the space. How can I get rid of android form my system reserved partition?...
  9. System & Reserved files huge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System & Reserved files huge: Hi All. I cloned my hard drive to a new Samsung 500 GB Hard drive. The problem I see is that the disk is nearly full due to the System & Reserved files being 318GB (see snapshots below). According to WinDirStat, only 145GB is being used. Looking at Storage, the System...
  10. 15 GBs used by system and reserved?

in Windows 10 Customization
    15 GBs used by system and reserved?: I've done everything other online sources told me to do, i cleaned the disk, but there is no windows update thing for windows 10. Why does it take up so much space...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windwos system rteserver 70gb