Windows 10: System and Reserved Storage is really large

Discus and support System and Reserved Storage is really large in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Can anyone please tell me where I can take off System & Reserved space because I have 20GB total and System & Reserved takes up 16GB.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShawnAtiqur, Nov 28, 2020.

1. System and Reserved Storage is really large

System and Reserved Storage is really large 1b98580c-9a5c-4c60-bf18-3d0ce461b9e0?upload=true.png Can anyone please tell me where I can take off System & Reserved space because I have 20GB total and System & Reserved takes up 16GB.

:)

ShawnAtiqur, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Martmcd Win User

Disable Reserved Storage

Hi AveryMillis1

are you sure that the reserved storage feature is enabled?

is this a new machine? or have you clean installed windows 10 1003 or later?

check in settings -> system -> storage

click on show more categories

click on system & reserved

is reserved storage in the list?

check settings -> system -> about

under windows specifications

what version is installed?

Martmcd, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    System & Reserved almost full?

Thank you for the information and posting back.

High System & Reserved memory usage could be due to the following:

• High Windows.old file(s) size
    • Large cache of trace files size
    • Windows 10 system file issues

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Do you have a C:\windows.old folder on your C: drive?
    • Which Windows version and build are you using? Type winver on search box and press
      Enter.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Can you post a screenshot of what is inside the System & reserved storage? Double-click System & reserved. See picture below for reference.

System and Reserved Storage is really large 3b68d058-4ea9-4b39-874f-7885d566e601.png

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Nov 28, 2020
  4. System and Reserved Storage is really large

Windows 10 System and Reserved Storage

Within the last couple months I got a new PC and it is and has been running really well... with one problem. Its storage has recently begun filling up really quickly and practically overnight the system and reserved storage went up around 100 GB. I should
    specify that I have the Windows 10 OS installed on an SSD with all other games and applications installed on my HDD. My SSD is fine, but my HDD now has 216 GB of system and reserved storage on it. I am currently defragmenting the drive to see if that could
    be the issue but I am unsure that it will work. I really don't think that there should be 216 GB of system and reserved storage on a drive that doesn't even have windows on it, so does anyone know of a way that I can fix this?

Jagger Lynn, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

System and Reserved Storage is really large

1. System and Reserved Storage is really large - Similar Threads - System Reserved Storage

2. System & reserved storage + Browser Hijacking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System & reserved storage + Browser Hijacking: Every once in a while I go to my settings app and check my storage. Today when I went to check, my storage had jumped up to 210 GB after I had recently brought it down I don't remember the exact number. I only had 6.11 GB free. I went to check what was taking up so much...
  3. System & reserved storage + Browser Hijacking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System & reserved storage + Browser Hijacking: Every once in a while I go to my settings app and check my storage. Today when I went to check, my storage had jumped up to 210 GB after I had recently brought it down I don't remember the exact number. I only had 6.11 GB free. I went to check what was taking up so much...
  4. System Reserve Partition and Storage Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Reserve Partition and Storage Settings: Hey Community,I was reviewing my laptop from work and I notice a couple issues with the System Reserved files section. It is showing 41GB as the system & Reserved. I was under the impression that the system reserve only needed 500 MB.I then went to my disk management to check...
  5. System Reserve Partition and Storage Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Reserve Partition and Storage Settings: Hey Community,I was reviewing my laptop from work and I notice a couple issues with the System Reserved files section. It is showing 41GB as the system & Reserved. I was under the impression that the system reserve only needed 500 MB.I then went to my disk management to check...
  6. System Reserve Partition and Storage Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. "System Files" & System and Reserved eating storage space

"System Files" & System and Reserved eating storage space: Hi there, I have a question about my brand newly bought HP stream laptop. I bought this about a week ago and around two days ago I got a notification that I was low on storage. This alarmed me because I hadn't downloaded anything onto here. ANYTHING. So, I checked it out and...
  8. Windows 10 System and Reserved Storage

Windows 10 System and Reserved Storage: Within the last couple months I got a new PC and it is and has been running really well... with one problem. Its storage has recently begun filling up really quickly and practically overnight the system and reserved storage went up around 100 GB. I should specify that I have...
  9. System and Reserved TOO LARGE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System and Reserved TOO LARGE: I know that windows reserves space in order to make sure that the next update of windows installs but my system and reserved file has grown from 20 GB to 61 GB in less then a month. A month ago, I had to do a clean re-install and it was a pain to re-install all my programs. I...
  10. System & Reserve Files Too Large - 150gb!

System & Reserve Files Too Large - 150gb!: I have a laptop with approximately 463gb of space in my windows partition. Of that, 150gb is occupied by so-called "system & reserved" files. These files take up far more space than they used to, and as I'm beginning to run short on space it would be quite useful to be able...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reserved storage cleaner