Windows 10: System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space

Discus and support System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Problem: Something is taking up a lot of space on my PCInitial Analysis of the storage showed that System & Reserved is using 41.7GB of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Anna_IV, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Anna_IV Win User

System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space

Problem: Something is taking up a lot of space on my PCInitial Analysis of the storage showed that System & Reserved is using 41.7GB of storage.Analysis using TreeSize: I did some research on why I have little available storage space and saw some posts online that it may be due to logs or something that is causing the System & Reserved to be taking up a lot of storage. The suggestions made said to download Treesize to get a better analysis of the storage sub-structure. TreeSize showed that 56.9 GB is in the sub-folder PendingDeletes. I tried deleting the files but it said I did not hav

:)

Anna_IV, Feb 10, 2022
  2. JB3_856 Win User

System and Reserve taking about 150 GB of Space

I just uninstalled and reinstalled Windows 10 on a new SurfacePro. There's only two applications reinstalled and 0 files. The System and Reserve are taking about 150 GB of space. Something seems wrong.

Normally, I'm an Apple user. But I need this device to work with Zoom for my classes.

JB3_856, Feb 10, 2022
  3. System and reserved taking 75 GB of space

Okay so I have windows installed in my SSD but the problem is in about 30 minutes system and reserved goes from 43GB to 75 GB and pretty much getting my SSD full. Thing is, when I turn off my computer my space goes back to normal but then if you refresh
    the (cSystem and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space :) Drive it starts losing GB pretty fast. It also doesn't allow me to delete temporary files as when I do "delete them" it takes me back to the "This PC (CSystem and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space :)" Page. Anyone has had this problem before? English isn't my main language and I couldn't find
    a topic with how I search it for and I've asked multiple friends and they have no idea.
    System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space 7094bf96-ce89-493a-89fe-dc678d199f04.png

CtrlAltViruZ, Feb 10, 2022
  4. System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space

system and reserve files taking too much space

My system and reserve files are taking up 105 of the 119 GB available - what can I do about this. I have been running this system for about 4 years and this problem only just started happening a few months ago - I have followed all the steps of cleaning
    and optimizing storage

MarciaGross, Feb 10, 2022
Thema:

System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space

1. System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space - Similar Threads - System reserved taking

2. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space: So I've been having this issue where my windows system and reserved space is taking up way over 100+ GB of storage on my PC which is far from normal. I've tried a few things already and gotten nowhere. I even tried using the index options method and performed a restart along...
  3. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space: So I've been having this issue where my windows system and reserved space is taking up way over 100+ GB of storage on my PC which is far from normal. I've tried a few things already and gotten nowhere. I even tried using the index options method and performed a restart along...
  4. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. System and reserved taking up a lot of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and reserved taking up a lot of space: I'm trying to install some games on my laptop 512 GB SSD and went to check on my storage to see what I can delete. Then I realized that system and reserve is taking up 234 GB of storage. When I looked into the details, it said System files 20.1 GB, Reserved storage 7.04 GB,...
  6. System and reserved taking up a lot of space

System and reserved taking up a lot of space: I'm trying to install some games on my laptop 512 GB SSD and went to check on my storage to see what I can delete. Then I realized that system and reserve is taking up 234 GB of storage. When I looked into the details, it said System files 20.1 GB, Reserved storage 7.04 GB,...
  7. System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space: Problem: Something is taking up a lot of space on my PCInitial Analysis of the storage showed that System & Reserved is using 41.7GB of storage.Analysis using TreeSize: I did some research on why I have little available storage space and saw some posts online that it may be...
  8. System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space

System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space: Problem: Something is taking up a lot of space on my PCInitial Analysis of the storage showed that System & Reserved is using 41.7GB of storage.Analysis using TreeSize: I did some research on why I have little available storage space and saw some posts online that it may be...
  9. System and Reserve taking about 150 GB of Space

System and Reserve taking about 150 GB of Space: I just uninstalled and reinstalled Windows 10 on a new SurfacePro. There's only two applications reinstalled and 0 files. The System and Reserve are taking about 150 GB of space. Something seems wrong. Normally, I'm an Apple user. But I need this device to work with Zoom...
  10. System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB

System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB: Hello, I have 225 GB SSD laptop that was originally running Windows 7. When WIndows 10 offered free upgrades, I took advantage of that to upgrade my OS to Windows 10. I don't use my laptop much, but noticed that lately I've been having issues with storage space. I noticed...