Windows 10: System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB

Discus and support System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have 225 GB SSD laptop that was originally running Windows 7. When WIndows 10 offered free upgrades, I took advantage of that to upgrade my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bishopnd, Dec 4, 2018.

1. bishopnd Win User

System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB

Hello,

I have 225 GB SSD laptop that was originally running Windows 7. When WIndows 10 offered free upgrades, I took advantage of that to upgrade my OS to Windows 10. I don't use my laptop much, but noticed that lately I've been having issues with storage space. I noticed that the "System and Reserve" files were taking up more than 50% of the space on my SSD, which must be a mistake.

I have looked around and do not believe that I am a victim of the log bug (though I can't remember specifically what the Log file is called). My Hibernation files look like they're about 5 GB which I'll probably disable to gain that space back, but ultimately is not the cause of such a ridiculous amount of space being used by System and Reserve. I recently attempted to reset my laptop entirely, but am still running into the same huge sized System and Reserve. Furthermore, my Windows.Old folder is only ~330 KB. Below are images of my storage window, windirstat, tree size, and disk management.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB 71f4ad24-a605-4470-80cd-3e98ff0f4aa5?upload=true.png System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB [​IMG] System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB 044bcaac-eccd-4bfc-9f6e-f893fb8abf61?upload=true.png System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB [​IMG]

:)

bishopnd, Dec 4, 2018

2. System filling up hard drive, taking up 140 GB of space

On verification of Storage Usage on re install of windows 10 pro on 01.10.2015 the following with recovery of windows option it contains the

System & reserved is :25.6 GB

Apps is : 4.41 GB

Others: 104 GB as the large folder is could n't characterized.

In this regard, pl.give some help for how to delete the
    Others: 104 GB in Storage Usage and what to do to in this issue. What is this folder to use for me, what is the procedure to delete it if not useful for running windows10.

RATHOD RAVINDER, Dec 4, 2018
  3. System and reserved taking 75 GB of space

Okay so I have windows installed in my SSD but the problem is in about 30 minutes system and reserved goes from 43GB to 75 GB and pretty much getting my SSD full. Thing is, when I turn off my computer my space goes back to normal but then if you refresh
    the (cSystem and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB :) Drive it starts losing GB pretty fast. It also doesn't allow me to delete temporary files as when I do "delete them" it takes me back to the "This PC (CSystem and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB :)" Page. Anyone has had this problem before? English isn't my main language and I couldn't find
    a topic with how I search it for and I've asked multiple friends and they have no idea.
    System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB 7094bf96-ce89-493a-89fe-dc678d199f04.png

CtrlAltViruZ, Dec 4, 2018
  4. System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB

System Reserved Memory issue

Hi Rowan,

The reduction in available system memory depends on the configuration of the following:

• The devices that are installed in the computer and the memory that is reserved by those devices
    • The ability of the motherboard to handle memory
    • The system BIOS version and settings
    • The version of Windows 10 that is installed
    • Other system settings

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest that you check your system for memory problems.

Here's how:

• Type mdsched.exe in the search bar and select the best match.
    • When prompted by the User Account Control, enter an admin user name and password, and click
      Yes.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run it.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB

1. System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB - Similar Threads - System Reserved Taking

2. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space: So I've been having this issue where my windows system and reserved space is taking up way over 100+ GB of storage on my PC which is far from normal. I've tried a few things already and gotten nowhere. I even tried using the index options method and performed a restart along...
  3. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space: So I've been having this issue where my windows system and reserved space is taking up way over 100+ GB of storage on my PC which is far from normal. I've tried a few things already and gotten nowhere. I even tried using the index options method and performed a restart along...
  4. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space

System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space: Problem: Something is taking up a lot of space on my PCInitial Analysis of the storage showed that System & Reserved is using 41.7GB of storage.Analysis using TreeSize: I did some research on why I have little available storage space and saw some posts online that it may be...
  6. System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space: Problem: Something is taking up a lot of space on my PCInitial Analysis of the storage showed that System & Reserved is using 41.7GB of storage.Analysis using TreeSize: I did some research on why I have little available storage space and saw some posts online that it may be...
  7. System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows System and reserved files are taking up to 395 GB

Windows System and reserved files are taking up to 395 GB: Previously I had windows 8.1 in my hp laptop. When I installed windows 10 pro on in it, the windows files started taking about 395 GB. I don't know which file is taking so much storage. Please help me to fix this issue. Thank you...
  9. System and Reserve taking about 150 GB of Space

System and Reserve taking about 150 GB of Space: I just uninstalled and reinstalled Windows 10 on a new SurfacePro. There's only two applications reinstalled and 0 files. The System and Reserve are taking about 150 GB of space. Something seems wrong. Normally, I'm an Apple user. But I need this device to work with Zoom...
  10. So, windows decided to take up 500 GB as system reserved.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So, windows decided to take up 500 GB as system reserved.: Ive googled it, but nothing worked. You read it right. Windows takes up 500 GB, wich is... Not great. Ive looked in partition manager, where i saw a few partitions, besides c: . So, a i think its normal, that there are a few partitions, but i dont think its normal, that one...