Windows 10: System and reserved taking up 994GB???

Discus and support System and reserved taking up 994GB??? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] My computer (asus g14 zephyrus) is acting fine. Every now and then I'll check task manager, storage and some other programs. I checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/incognitouser72, Feb 24, 2021.

1. System and reserved taking up 994GB???

System and reserved taking up 994GB??? TeIhuoQqFaxkZe17_-jn-U8cnGK27dM8EAYdSZmpDv4.jpg

My computer (asus g14 zephyrus) is acting fine. Every now and then I'll check task manager, storage and some other programs. I checked storage today and out of my 2TB SSD i have ~700gb left..so i went to apps and uninstalled a few that I've forgot about or don't really use. I looked again and saw that "System and Reserved" was taking up 994GB...Does this sound right and can i do anything to reduce this crazy amount of storage its hogging?

https://preview.redd.it/7i5zdi3gufj...bp&s=7e5719fd09068562698776eb6ffd9a0c99853042

submitted by /u/incognitouser72
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/incognitouser72, Feb 24, 2021
  2. poolmon Win User

Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

Thanks for all the info guys.

Both original & target SSD's are listed as MBR as opposed to UEFI. I may have created a partition unknowingly in getting the original/new unformatted drive recognized, but I don't recall taking any steps that Windows did not step me through.

Not that an upgrade to WIN 10 Pro is contemplated, but I suspect that having no System Reserved partition will not allow that to happen, after seeing how the original WIN 10 upgrade created a problem for some WIN 7 users that had a smaller 100mb vs 500mb System Reserved partition.

poolmon, Feb 24, 2021
  3. System Reserved Memory issue

Hi Rowan,

The reduction in available system memory depends on the configuration of the following:

• The devices that are installed in the computer and the memory that is reserved by those devices
    • The ability of the motherboard to handle memory
    • The system BIOS version and settings
    • The version of Windows 10 that is installed
    • Other system settings

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest that you check your system for memory problems.

Here's how:

• Type mdsched.exe in the search bar and select the best match.
    • When prompted by the User Account Control, enter an admin user name and password, and click
      Yes.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run it.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Feb 24, 2021
  4. System and reserved taking up 994GB???

Anthony Gal, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

System and reserved taking up 994GB???

1. System and reserved taking up 994GB??? - Similar Threads - System reserved taking

2. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space: So I've been having this issue where my windows system and reserved space is taking up way over 100+ GB of storage on my PC which is far from normal. I've tried a few things already and gotten nowhere. I even tried using the index options method and performed a restart along...
  3. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space: So I've been having this issue where my windows system and reserved space is taking up way over 100+ GB of storage on my PC which is far from normal. I've tried a few things already and gotten nowhere. I even tried using the index options method and performed a restart along...
  4. System and reserved taking up a lot of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and reserved taking up a lot of space: I'm trying to install some games on my laptop 512 GB SSD and went to check on my storage to see what I can delete. Then I realized that system and reserve is taking up 234 GB of storage. When I looked into the details, it said System files 20.1 GB, Reserved storage 7.04 GB,...
  5. System and reserved taking up a lot of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System and reserved taking up a lot of space: I'm trying to install some games on my laptop 512 GB SSD and went to check on my storage to see what I can delete. Then I realized that system and reserve is taking up 234 GB of storage. When I looked into the details, it said System files 20.1 GB, Reserved storage 7.04 GB,...
  6. is it normal for system & reserved files to take up 67GB?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is it normal for system & reserved files to take up 67GB?: [ATTACH] I got a new windows laptop last week and the system files take up about 42GB but that coupled with the reserved files takes up almost 70GB. Is this normal for a windows computer? I used a Mac before so this seems strange. I have a 1TB hard drive so I'm not...
  7. System and reserved taking 300Gb

System and reserved taking 300Gb: The system and reserved files are taking almost 400gb in my c: drive. I have done a fresh install but it grew again. https://gyazo.com/b70fb9d2dfde8d29de599bfa154e0f6d submitted by /u/Aarav2you [link] [comments]...
  8. System Reserved Partition taking up 1tb.

System Reserved Partition taking up 1tb.: I was looking for my 1tb hard drive i have in my pc and couldnt find it, so i went to disk manager and it was a system reserved partition taking up te whole thing, even though i have windows installed on my SSD. how can i get rid of this or at least make it small so i can use...
  9. System & reserved taking up over 100GB of space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System & reserved taking up over 100GB of space: My computer was warning me about having limited space left, so I checked what was taking up space on my PC and saw this [img] I saw somebody recommend TreeSize to look into what was taking up space and saw this [img] The installer folder and srudb.dat are taking up...
  10. System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB: Hello, I have 225 GB SSD laptop that was originally running Windows 7. When WIndows 10 offered free upgrades, I took advantage of that to upgrade my OS to Windows 10. I don't use my laptop much, but noticed that lately I've been having issues with storage space. I noticed...