Windows 10: System and Reserved

Discus and support System and Reserved in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is picture of my C drive SYSTEM AND RESERVED you can see it got 40.6 gb for system and reserved is it normal because i dont think it is yesterday... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Talha Ahmed1, Oct 15, 2022.

1. System and Reserved

This is picture of my C drive SYSTEM AND RESERVED you can see it got 40.6 gb for system and reserved is it normal because i dont think it is yesterday it jumped from 39.6 to 40.6 on just on storage self check in hp appso i need help

:)

Talha Ahmed1, Oct 15, 2022

2. System Reserved Memory issue

Hi Rowan,

The reduction in available system memory depends on the configuration of the following:

• The devices that are installed in the computer and the memory that is reserved by those devices
    • The ability of the motherboard to handle memory
    • The system BIOS version and settings
    • The version of Windows 10 that is installed
    • Other system settings

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest that you check your system for memory problems.

Here's how:

• Type mdsched.exe in the search bar and select the best match.
    • When prompted by the User Account Control, enter an admin user name and password, and click
      Yes.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run it.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Oct 15, 2022
  3. poolmon Win User
    Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

Thanks for all the info guys.

Both original & target SSD's are listed as MBR as opposed to UEFI. I may have created a partition unknowingly in getting the original/new unformatted drive recognized, but I don't recall taking any steps that Windows did not step me through.

Not that an upgrade to WIN 10 Pro is contemplated, but I suspect that having no System Reserved partition will not allow that to happen, after seeing how the original WIN 10 upgrade created a problem for some WIN 7 users that had a smaller 100mb vs 500mb System Reserved partition.

poolmon, Oct 15, 2022
  4. System and Reserved

Anthony Gal, Oct 15, 2022
Thema:

System and Reserved

1. System and Reserved - Similar Threads - System Reserved

2. On my hard drive it shows system and reserve 488gb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    On my hard drive it shows system and reserve 488gb: Please help my personal folder gone missing and it was also around 400gb and I am sure those 488gb is my personal folder cause I don't have windows on my hard drive I have windows on my SSD which is completely different drive I keep my HDD just for storage...
  3. cloned OS drive "System Reserved" partition Not 100% aftewrwards.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cloned OS drive "System Reserved" partition Not 100% aftewrwards.: Hi,I cloned my OS drive twice to move to a newer hardware. But the last time, it seems the "System Reserved" partition of the drive had some issues. 1st: it is not showing "System Reserved" on that partition. 2nd: the following attributes "system, Active, MBR" are not on it...
  4. cloned OS drive "System Reserved" partition Not 100% aftewrwards.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cloned OS drive "System Reserved" partition Not 100% aftewrwards.: Hi,I cloned my OS drive twice to move to a newer hardware. But the last time, it seems the "System Reserved" partition of the drive had some issues. 1st: it is not showing "System Reserved" on that partition. 2nd: the following attributes "system, Active, MBR" are not on it...
  5. cloned OS drive "System Reserved" partition Not 100% aftewrwards.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. My windows 10 System & Reserved file is 70.8 GB. How to solve this problem?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My windows 10 System & Reserved file is 70.8 GB. How to solve this problem?: My windows 10 System & Reserved file is 70.8 GB. I think it is too big. How to solve this problem? Is it normal? I see some people pc has only around 20 GB....
  7. My windows 10 System & Reserved file is 70.8 GB. How to solve this problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 System & Reserved file is 70.8 GB. How to solve this problem?: My windows 10 System & Reserved file is 70.8 GB. I think it is too big. How to solve this problem? Is it normal? I see some people pc has only around 20 GB....
  8. My windows 10 System & Reserved file is 70.8 GB. How to solve this problem?

9. system reserved memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system reserved memory: hello,i have a windows 11 laptop. In task manager under memory usage i see that 2,1 GB of memory are reserved for hardware. Why is such a big amount of memory being reserved, is that normal? Why is it reserved? Can I do something about it?...
  10. system reserved memory

system reserved memory: hello,i have a windows 11 laptop. In task manager under memory usage i see that 2,1 GB of memory are reserved for hardware. Why is such a big amount of memory being reserved, is that normal? Why is it reserved? Can I do something about it?...