Windows 10: System and System Interrupts drastically slowing down my computer

Discus and support System and System Interrupts drastically slowing down my computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greetings! I have a Surface Pro 3, Windows 10. About 2 weeks ago I've noticed my Surface slowing down to a point where I had trouble performing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by UKDudeUK, Oct 5, 2018.

1. UKDudeUK Win User

System and System Interrupts drastically slowing down my computer

Greetings!

I have a Surface Pro 3, Windows 10.

About 2 weeks ago I've noticed my Surface slowing down to a point where I had trouble performing real work on it.

After some poking around I realized that System and System Interrupts are taking up about 30% CPU cycles, with CPU0 being almost maxed.

I disabled anything that makes W10 pretty, I turned of Defender, I shut down all unnecessary applications, tools, traybar "enhancements". Some research I was doing suggested that it might be related to a most recent Windows update. The system was running as lean as possible. No effect. Still my system was being bogged down by System and System Interrupts.

I eventually gave up. Couldn't figure it out, but needed my computer back to "fighting strength". So I completely re-installed W10 from scratch.

SUCCESS! My computer was back to original speed. Beautiful!

I paused Windows update (didn't want to take chances)

I then proceeded to install everything I need to do work. Always keeping a watchful eye on the task manager and the system performance.

I was idling at 1-2 %. As it should be. My world was perfect... for 2 days. On the 3rd day, I started up my Surface and it greeted me with a SLOW system and after checking the task manager, I can confirm that System and System Interrupts once again take up 30-35% CPU while idling with nothing running.

I know, the standard question is "What did you change? What did you install?" - the answer is NOTHING.

It worked FINE for 2 days. I did NOT add anything, I did not install anything within the last 2 days. Even Windows Update is paused, so nothing new could be introduced without my knowing. I had task manager running at ALL times on the second monitor, I frequently checked and made sure that System and System Interrupts are where they are supposed to be performance wise. NOW my system is unusable again.

Clearly, there's more to it. Re-installing W10 every 3 days is NOT an option.

I've scoured the web for the answer to this issue. It appears ALOT of people are experiencing this and there are NO solutions. (other than the usual, "turn off stuff, check drivers, sacrifice small animal, check what you installed" etc.

So how can we hunt down this issue, bug, problem - (whatever you want to call it) ?

:)

UKDudeUK, Oct 5, 2018
  2. Lori25403 Win User

New computer slowing- system interrupts

My computer keeps slowing down and when I look at task manager System Interrupts seems to be the only thing, other than Chrome to be using CPU. What can the issue be. I got this HP Pavilion after in January. It's a Core i7 7th gen.

Lori25403, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Windows 10 system interrupts using 20% CPU

I have looked over the communities posts about system interrupts and need help going through the steps to resolve this problem. I noticed my computer slowing down and checked the system monitor, and found system interrupts using 20 % avg. CPU. I realize
    there is a Microsoft test\scan, but I am not sure how to perform it, or how to get it to a zipped stage for uploading to a pastebin. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. My computer is an HP dx 7200 with windows 10 OS.

Stephenboschock_814, Oct 5, 2018
  4. System and System Interrupts drastically slowing down my computer

System slow down

Hello,

Slow PC performance can be caused by several factors. Since you are aware of the issue's source, we suggest that you run the
    Maintenance task. This will help you in checking and resolving any issues that is causing your device to slow down. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.

If the issue is still not resolved, feel free to let us know and we'll assist you further.

Regene Jos, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

System and System Interrupts drastically slowing down my computer

1. System and System Interrupts drastically slowing down my computer - Similar Threads - System System Interrupts

2. why my system slow down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why my system slow down: my system very slow i did not find it any problem, system is updated and restarted but this problem now face it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-system-slow-down/c730c5dc-7707-447e-9c80-ba0c04c612ff
  3. why my system slow down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my system slow down: my system very slow i did not find it any problem, system is updated and restarted but this problem now face it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-system-slow-down/c730c5dc-7707-447e-9c80-ba0c04c612ff
  4. why is System interrupt slowing down my pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is System interrupt slowing down my pc?: Hello,What is "System interrupts" and what does it do? I see it in task manager, running and taking up 99% of CPU capacity often slowing down my pc drastically. Especially right after startup, then from time to time during the day as well.My pc is fully updated, I have run...
  5. why is System interrupt slowing down my pc?

why is System interrupt slowing down my pc?: Hello,What is "System interrupts" and what does it do? I see it in task manager, running and taking up 99% of CPU capacity often slowing down my pc drastically. Especially right after startup, then from time to time during the day as well.My pc is fully updated, I have run...
  6. why is System interrupt slowing down my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Computer running slow for no reason | System Interrupts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer running slow for no reason | System Interrupts: [ATTACH] (repost since the other one was buried) Some random ass program called "system interrupts" occasionally comes in and takes up all of my computing power. When I try to end it, it says that it will cause Windows to become unstable and shutdown. Any help, please?...
  8. System slow down

System slow down: I experienced a series of BSOD on startup and shutdown and it took me a couple of days to find the cause and fix. However, now that I am not getting BSOD, my system is extremely sluggish. It is like if a huge process is constantly running in the background. Even pulling Task...
  9. System slow down

System slow down: Ever since the Oct 9 v1803 update I have been experiencing a slow down in several areas. Windows apps like Microsoft News and Mail load extremely slow. The Amazon Shopping extension in Edge stopped working. Edge itself is almost worthless. Pages load very slowly and then...
  10. System and System Interrupts drastically slowing down my computer

System and System Interrupts drastically slowing down my computer: Greetings! I have a Surface Pro 3, Windows 10. About 2 weeks ago I've noticed my Surface slowing down to a point where I had trouble performing real work on it. After some poking around I realized that System and System Interrupts are taking up about 30% CPU cycles, with...