Windows 10: System app consumes much data

Discus and support System app consumes much data in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; System app in Microsoft windows 10 is consuming much data. To be precise, it consumes 4 to 5 GB data in a day at least once in a week. All windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jerkin KennethM, Mar 12, 2021.

1. System app consumes much data

System app in Microsoft windows 10 is consuming much data. To be precise, it consumes 4 to 5 GB data in a day at least once in a week. All windows update is turnned off for certain days, but still it consumes 4 to 5 GB data on a single day

System app consumes much data [​IMG]

:)

Jerkin KennethM, Mar 12, 2021
  2. TusharT2 Win User

System consume more data

Every time I check the built in data usage information under PC settings, I find 3-4 gbs of data usage for "system". I'm running windows 10 home edition, connected by mobile hotspot and have disabled all background
    apps and data collection. I have also disabled the window update under services and gpedit.msc but still consume more data .I have also set the wifi property as metered connection

TusharT2, Mar 12, 2021
  3. SYSTEM is consuming huge amount of data on internet

Good Afternoon!

Recently, I bought a second hand laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed to it. Here are some details regarding my OS:

Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise
    Version: 1703
    OS Build: 15063.11
    System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I noticed however, that the laptop is consuming huge amount of bandwidth and data on our internet (Ethernet indicator blinks rapidly). Then I tried checking the data usage:

However, after a minute or two, I tried checking again the data usage (I closed the setting and re-opened it again)

Please note that I'm not running any application as of now (except Microsoft Edge). Then I tried turning off the internet connection (by enabling airplane mode). Then I checked for the data usage again. The "SYSTEM" already consumed 2 MB of data even if on airplane mode.

I tried checking if there are updates available:

I also tried checking for application updates from Microsoft Store. I paused all the download and updates:

I disabled background apps but still the "SYSTEM" consumes considerably large amount of bandwidth and data:

My friend does have a laptop with Windows 10 version 1803. Her laptop doesn't eat bandwidth like mine.

So my question is:
    1. What is the "SYSTEM" process that eats my internet bandwidth and data?
    2. How do you stop it from consuming my internet bandwidth?

BryanJames16, Mar 12, 2021
  4. System app consumes much data

Internet data usage

Hi Weon,

It is possible that some of your apps are causing this issue. Some apps are automatically set to do automatic updates. Just to be sure, we recommend that you check the
    Task Manager for apps that might be consuming your data when you are using your computer. To do so, kindly do the following steps:

• Type task manager on the search bar.
    • Click on Task Manager.
    • Click on App history.

Check each app's network activity and network usage for tile updates. If there are apps that are consuming your data even though you're not using them, kindly check and change their update settings. Also, what are the steps that you took to disable the Windows
    Update?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

System app consumes much data

1. System app consumes much data - Similar Threads - System app consumes

2. Suddenly my laptop is consuming much data.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly my laptop is consuming much data.: Before it was like 1-2 hrs 2gb and now its 5 mins for the same amount.windows updates are also paused, what is the problem then? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-my-laptop-is-consuming-much-data/363cfa3d-5be0-4c78-bfbc-a8acd7c8c81d
  3. Suddenly my laptop is consuming much data.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suddenly my laptop is consuming much data.: Before it was like 1-2 hrs 2gb and now its 5 mins for the same amount.windows updates are also paused, what is the problem then? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-my-laptop-is-consuming-much-data/363cfa3d-5be0-4c78-bfbc-a8acd7c8c81d
  4. pc consuming too much data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc consuming too much data: im not even using anything on my pc still its consuming so much data and even i have set my wifi as metered connection turned off sync live title off background apps off and everything else but its still consuming so much net...
  5. pc consuming too much data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc consuming too much data: im not even using anything on my pc still its consuming so much data and even i have set my wifi as metered connection turned off sync live title off background apps off and everything else but its still consuming so much net...
  6. System consumes data on windows10 home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System consumes data on windows10 home: System consumes high amount of data in windows 10 home version even after disabling windows automatic update feature tried limiting data plan that too doesn't avoiding spike of data. Pls help!...
  7. System consume more data

System consume more data: Every time I check the built in data usage information under PC settings, I find 3-4 gbs of data usage for "system". I'm running windows 10 home edition, connected by mobile hotspot and have disabled all background apps and data collection. I have also disabled the window...
  8. delivery optimization is consuming too much data

in Windows 10 Customization
    delivery optimization is consuming too much data: Today i became tired of svchost.exe which was using too much data since last update. found in service that it was actually delivery optimization DoSvc, so i did the following: disabled delivery optimization in windows setting. didn't work disabled " allow downloads from...
  9. Consuming too much data

Consuming too much data: My windows 10 laptop is consuming too much data and when i checked the data usage i found thatsetuphost.exe is the one which is consuming the entire data. It nearly consumed 100mb in less than 1minute.since i have daily data limit please help me to control my data usage....
  10. SYSTEM service is consuming much data. How do I stop this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYSTEM service is consuming much data. How do I stop this?: Whenever I browse with my laptop, SYSTEM service consume much data which I find difficult to discover its cause of consumption. Please I need help as to what to do to stop this. I have tried everything possible (Metered Connection, Background Apps etc) But yet it won't stop....