Windows 10: System apps and Windows Store apps have generic icon

Discus and support System apps and Windows Store apps have generic icon in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; All system apps and windows store apps have a generic icon. I tested this on a separate account and the problem is not there. How do I fix this? I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AaronSwartz1, Oct 29, 2020.

1. System apps and Windows Store apps have generic icon

All system apps and windows store apps have a generic icon. I tested this on a separate account and the problem is not there. How do I fix this? I've tried many things. Done a disk-cleanup multiple times, restarted explorer, deleted the icon file from my PC, but nothing works. The icons are in start menu, but when I go to search, it turns into a generic image. Any help is greatly appreciated. Running 20H2 BTW.

:)

AaronSwartz1, Oct 29, 2020

2. Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 29, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Oct 29, 2020
  4. System apps and Windows Store apps have generic icon

Windows Store to Pack "Mature" Games and Apps

They announce this right after they said weren't going to carry any of it... Ya think some investors told them to stfu and take money? *Laugh :laugh:

I wonder how long it will be before you can't install noncertified apps? The app store is the 1st stepping stone. Although, you'd have to be an idiot to give 30% to these clowns.

TheGuruStud, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

System apps and Windows Store apps have generic icon

1. System apps and Windows Store apps have generic icon - Similar Threads - System apps Store

2. All of The System app icons have vanished.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of The System app icons have vanished.: I ended up getting a blue screen, that I could not get out of so the only thing left to do was reset my pc. after the reset I all system app icons had the same icon. Any help would be great. Thank you. :...
  3. All of The System app icons have vanished.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All of The System app icons have vanished.: I ended up getting a blue screen, that I could not get out of so the only thing left to do was reset my pc. after the reset I all system app icons had the same icon. Any help would be great. Thank you. :...
  4. All of The System app icons have vanished.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Have lost all my apps and even the app store icon after system restore on Windows 8.1.......

Have lost all my apps and even the app store icon after system restore on Windows 8.1.......: Completed system restore on my Windows 8.1 laptop and can't find any apps or even app sore icon to search for apps. My screen saver is black and font of text is obscure...... not normal text font on Internet etc.... need help please???...
  6. windows 11 taskbar icons are generic for some apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 taskbar icons are generic for some apps: Some of my taskbar icons are being displayed as generic icons instead of the app icon.Tried many fixes all of them are nor permanent and after a restart or lock and unlock the problewm returnes...
  7. windows 11 taskbar icons are generic for some apps

windows 11 taskbar icons are generic for some apps: Some of my taskbar icons are being displayed as generic icons instead of the app icon.Tried many fixes all of them are nor permanent and after a restart or lock and unlock the problewm returnes...
  8. Windows Store App Icon

Windows Store App Icon: Hi, How can I revert the icon images to the original icons? Apparently all app icons downloaded thru Windows Store are somehow replaced to stock images icons. At first I try to ignore it since it's aesthetics flaw, but it gnaws me slowly day by day. And this screw up...
  9. Windows Store App Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Store App Icon: Hi, How can I revert the icon images to the original icons? Apparently all app icons downloaded thru Windows Store are somehow replaced to stock images icons. At first I try to ignore it since it's aesthetics flaw, but it gnaws me slowly day by day. And this screw up...
  10. Windows store apps on desktop have small icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows store apps on desktop have small icons: So recently when I booted up Windows the icons on my desktop for apps from the windows store have small icons. Notice the Edge, Terminal, and Spotify icons? I was curious if anyone had a fix for how to resive them so they fill the entire icon space again? Also, is there...