Windows 10: System Apps - List of Purpose

Discus and support System Apps - List of Purpose in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to cut down on extraneous programs that are available to our students in our school. Does anyone have a collective list of the System Apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PosseJohn, Jun 14, 2020.

1. PosseJohn Win User

System Apps - List of Purpose

I'm trying to cut down on extraneous programs that are available to our students in our school.

Does anyone have a collective list of the System Apps in Windows 10 that explains the purpose for each file?

I'm using Win10 Pro 2004

:)

PosseJohn, Jun 14, 2020

2. List of System Apps & Definition

I want to create a listing of all the apps in my system along with a short, brief definition. I know how to get to the list of the apps, I guess, which is just to click on the Windows logo, then click on the icon for "ALL APPS". However, as soon as I then
    go to Excel to list what I can see, and remember, which in these days is not much, then I once again am having to click the Windows logo and click on the ALL APPS listing again, and mentally grab as much as possible. If there is not a way of creating a listing
    I can copy showing all the apps, this is going to be a very long and tedious process. But then, after finally getting a listing of every app in my system, I will have to go to each and try to define what it is or what it does.

Any suggestions for an easy and quicker way of getting what I want. Remember, I am not talking about all apps in creation, but only those on my system.

Thanks for your help.

TemporaryUser0101, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Apps not showing in app list

Hello Shirley,

Could you answer the below questions:

• Are you using a Local account or a Microsoft Account?

• Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.
    Please also run SFC scan and check if the issue persists. System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

• Press Windows key + X key.

• Select command prompt (admin).

• Type the below command:
    sfc /scannow

Please get back to us with the necessary detail so that we can resolve your issue at the earliest.

SujataMoktan, Jun 14, 2020
  4. NOPD Win User

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

Thema:

1. System Apps - List of Purpose - Similar Threads - System Apps List

2. Desktop apps to see computer usage for cosmetics purpose

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop apps to see computer usage for cosmetics purpose: Any apps that can make my desktop look better that displays pc resources live submitted by /u/Summerstone [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/13rd0i8/desktop_apps_to_see_computer_usage_for_cosmetics/
  3. Microsoft certificate trust list publisher not valid for the selected purpose error causing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft certificate trust list publisher not valid for the selected purpose error causing...: Hi all, I'm not super experienced with the technical details of it and I really hope this is the right place for it, but for some reason I'm having issues with validating certificates on my PC. I only really learned what a certificate was because of this issue. At first I...
  4. Microsoft certificate trust list publisher not valid for the selected purpose error causing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft certificate trust list publisher not valid for the selected purpose error causing...: Hi all, I'm not super experienced with the technical details of it and I really hope this is the right place for it, but for some reason I'm having issues with validating certificates on my PC. I only really learned what a certificate was because of this issue. At first I...
  5. Microsoft certificate trust list publisher not valid for the selected purpose error causing...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Game not listed in uninstall apps list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game not listed in uninstall apps list: I am trying to free up disk space and uninstall PC games . None of the 2 installed Games are listed in the uninstall app. What can I do ? Is it safe to just delete the file folders ?...
  7. Fit for purpose

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fit for purpose: The Microsoft products that are on the new computer I have purchased do not seem fit for purpose. I bought the new machine to replace an older machine running windows 7 the Windows 10 does not let me do simple actions in the Mail account such a import emails, make groups,...
  8. apps list

in Windows 10 Customization
    apps list: i removed some apps from my apps directory and would like to get them back. how can i get them back on the list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-list/ca69b640-4dd8-4acd-90de-f76968f75aa0
  9. Play Purpose

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play Purpose: I'm a 71 year old person who has loved cards since my mother taught me at the age of 3. I'm also an IT retiree. I've enjoyed the comments from everyone about why to play and the purpose of cheaters. I play to keep my mind working and enjoy the game/competition. I...
  10. DefaultAccount purpose?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    DefaultAccount purpose?: Does anybody know the purpose of this account? It seems I've never seen this back then when I was running Windows 8.1 [img] 21684