Windows 10: System asking for admin username and password in windows 10 version 1803

Discus and support System asking for admin username and password in windows 10 version 1803 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have got an update from Microsoft on my existing windows 10 and now having windows 10 version 1803 in my Toshiba laptop, now to access anything on my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RajvinderSingh79, Sep 7, 2018.

1. RajvinderSingh79 Win User

System asking for admin username and password in windows 10 version 1803

I have got an update from Microsoft on my existing windows 10 and now having windows 10 version 1803 in my Toshiba laptop, now to access anything on my system, its asking from prompt for admin user name and password, which actually doesn't exist, as its my home laptop and i have not added any admin username to my system. Also now even if i download anything online, it doesn't allow me to run the file and asking the same prompt. Its so irritating and don't know how to get the same rectified, as tried online so many solution and nothing is working, being can't access netplwiz, Family & other people(not showing), change account type, Remove user account, Change User Account Control setting, Change computer setting. Please can someone help me on this.........

:)

RajvinderSingh79, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 7, 2018
  3. JohnRod Nav Win User
    Why is windows security asking for username and password

Hi,

To isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• Are you referring to either the Microsoft Security Essentials or the Windows Defender? If not, please specify which Windows security utility is asking for your username and password.
    • Does the issue also occur when you try to connect to other Wi-Fi networks?
    • What username and password is being asked (e.g. Microsoft Account, etc.)? If it's other than your Microsoft Account, please specify which account.
    • What happens when you try to enter your username and password?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?

Regards.

JohnRod Nav, Sep 7, 2018
  4. freeboy Win User

admin password?

my repair windows install keeps failing due to "what is admin password" ?
    How do I either find it? It is my computer and Ia am the admin or change it? this is for disk D and It is booting from c...

freeboy, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. System asking for admin username and password in windows 10 version 1803 - Similar Threads - System asking admin

2. Windows 10 - No Field for Password and/or Username

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 - No Field for Password and/or Username: Hello, My organization has been having an issue for a few months now where a user will try to unlock their Windows 10 computer but no field populates to enter their password. Sometimes the username will appear, other times nothing will appear. On the lock screen you can...
  3. Windows 10 not asking for password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not asking for password: Hi, I have win 10 and did a "fresh startup." After some time the computer restarted and shows my usual background, date, etc., but it does not ask for my password to login into Windows. So I can't use Windows at all. Any clue? thanks, Gabe....
  4. Hosts asking for admin password

Hosts asking for admin password: Good afternoon! I need help... I was trying to block a particular website like youtube, facebook or anything (windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts) but when I saved it..... admin password suddenly pops up. I didn't even put password on my laptop. And I turned off "Password...
  5. Netflix App keeps asking for username and password...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netflix App keeps asking for username and password...: Hey guys, i have the netflix app and everytime i reboot or start it after a few hours i get prompted to login. it doesnt save my login info. is ccleaner maybe cleaning something it shouldnt. i shouldnt have to login everytime i use this app... thanks ! 115054
  6. Windows Reset Is Asking For Admin Password

Windows Reset Is Asking For Admin Password: Hello, I have a laptop where the internet stopped working (both WiFi and Ethernet). I went through the standard troubleshooting procedures I found on here and had no luck. My next step is to do a Windows reset on the laptop. I go into security settings and windows reset,...
  7. System firmware UEFI Admin Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System firmware UEFI Admin Password: Forgot to mention that I am the only one using my laptop and nobody else. So will it be fine not to set an Admin UEFI password? If you believe that no one has any reason to access your laptop when you are not around it, then, there is no need for one.
  8. change admin username account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    change admin username account: hello.a few months ago my brother install win 10 to my laptop.i don't know which name choose but in user folder i see in user folder in admin folder account the user name ''nikol''.yesterday i reinstall win 10 using media creation.i choose during installion a different...
  9. Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords

Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords: I'm having some issues with my upgrade to win 10. Programs that need elevated access are now asking me for both the Sys Admin and my local admin password. Of course, the sys admin has no password and my local admin does. So no matter what I do, I get it wrong....
  10. Username or password incorrect

Username or password incorrect: I've previously run netplwiz from the command prompt to disable the sign in process in Windows 10. [img] Which worked fine in build 10049 but in 10158 & 10166 I now get this error message [img] I don't understand how this message can appear as no password has...