Windows 10: System asking for password during boot up.

Discus and support System asking for password during boot up. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to help a friend with a computer issue he is having. From what he tells me, his computer was running slow and he tried to speed it up by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by djmallary, Jun 17, 2019.

1. djmallary Win User

System asking for password during boot up.

I'm trying to help a friend with a computer issue he is having. From what he tells me, his computer was running slow and he tried to speed it up by factory resetting his computer. When all as said and done, he tried starting his computer but during boot up it asks for a password that he does not know. It looks like this image below.

System asking for password during boot up. [​IMG]

I am not sure if this is some kind of product code for a new copy of windows 10. I have tried to start up safe mode during boot up, but it just goes to this screen before I am able to. I tried putting in a password and this other screen came up.

System asking for password during boot up. [​IMG]

Not sure what to do.

:)

djmallary, Jun 17, 2019

2. OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Jun 17, 2019
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jun 17, 2019
  4. Shoshi Win User

Admin password unknown and missing files after upload

Ok, I know these questions have been asked, but I have tried everything I can understand.
    Need to be spoken like a noob - step by step please.
    Win10 put on my system everything initially fine, then discovered files missing - tried to install a recover program to be frustrated by a prompt to input an admin password with User [USER-PC\USER]
    I have tried every password ever used.
    I have tried going to cmd prompt
    I cant install anything to circumnavigate because I cant get past this dialogue.

any suggests?

Shoshi, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

1. System asking for password during boot up. - Similar Threads - System asking password

2. Computer freezes during system boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes during system boot up: I have an ASUS ROG gaming laptop model# G513QM that has an AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX processor that operates on Windows 11. I had been playing a game online that was being a little laggy so I decided to restart my computer. Upon doing so the system now freezes at the Republic of...
  3. Computer freezes during system boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes during system boot up: I have an ASUS ROG gaming laptop model# G513QM that has an AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX processor that operates on Windows 11. I had been playing a game online that was being a little laggy so I decided to restart my computer. Upon doing so the system now freezes at the Republic of...
  4. System Preparing Repair during boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Preparing Repair during boot up: yesterday night i got a software update and 2 additional updates. One is driver update and second one is firmware update. My synaptics touchpad two finger scrolling is not working so i thought maybe the additional update was for the driver and so i installed it. The laptop...
  5. System Preparing Repair during boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Preparing Repair during boot up: yesterday night i got a software update and 2 additional updates. One is driver update and second one is firmware update. My synaptics touchpad two finger scrolling is not working so i thought maybe the additional update was for the driver and so i installed it. The laptop...
  6. Safe boot asking for a password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safe boot asking for a password: So, i was trying to downgrade my drivers for my graphics card. Put my pc into safe boot, it’s asking for a password i use a pin. I tried to boot my pc normal but nothing is working. I go into advanced settings by pressing restart and shift on the screen that is asking me for...
  7. System service exception during boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System service exception during boot up: hi all, I recently updated my PC thru the Check updates in the Settings and left it updating overnight. Upon checking on it the next day, Automatic Repair is shown on display saying that "Automatic Repair couldn't repair PC". I tried all sorts of things from this WinRE but...
  8. Can't boot up without it asking for either a pin or password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't boot up without it asking for either a pin or password: Hi, I had to format the C drive that windows was installed on yesterday. Previous to that I used to press my power button, then shortly after that my desktop came up and I was ready to go. This does not now happen, and I want to get it back to what it was like before. So...
  9. Can't boot up without it asking for either a pin or password

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot up without it asking for either a pin or password: Hi, I had to format the C drive that windows was installed on yesterday. Previous to that I used to press my power button, then shortly after that my desktop came up and I was ready to go. This does not now happen, and I want to get it back to what it was like before. So...
  10. Reset PC and now on boot up asks for forgotten power up password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset PC and now on boot up asks for forgotten power up password: Help! Husband reset PC and can't remember power on password. What can I do? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/reset-pc-and-now-on-boot-up-asks-for-forgotten/7fab09a5-5fe1-45cd-8575-e95dbe85178f