Windows 10: system audio output problem

Discus and support system audio output problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having difficulty with sound output via hdmi. It is not getting to the display via hdmi. I have replaced/updated drivers, rebooted several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dsull01, May 13, 2021.

1. Dsull01 Win User

system audio output problem

I am having difficulty with sound output via hdmi. It is not getting to the display via hdmi. I have replaced/updated drivers, rebooted several times, and the sound meter shows activity but cannot get sound from computer to display. I do, of course, get image. This happened several years ago and I figured it out. But I can't remember the solution and have tried all the troubleshooting prompts.

:)

Dsull01, May 13, 2021
  2. netter Win User

No audio output device

Hello!
    I have a common problem: my Windows 10 has No Audio Output Device.
    System configuration:
    • Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN (laptop)
    • Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, build 18363.535;
    • Current updates;
    Device manager shows these audio devices:
    • High Definition Audio Device (driver version 10.0.18362.356)
    • Intel Display Audio (10.27.0.6)
    • ASUS Xonar U3 (10.0.8.2164)
    i.e. the problem persists even with an external (USB) audio device, recognized by the system.

I performed a sanity check on this issue. Sound works when I boot into Ubuntu live. Therefore, it is not a hardware problem, and is indeed a Windows problem.

Solutions that have not worked so far:
    1. Audio troubleshooter (issues found: check audio device, nothing else)
    2. Rolling back drivers
    3. Uninstalling audio devices
    4. Uninstalling any audio-related devices, incl. the likes of bluetooth speakers
    5. Updating audio drivers (from both built-in drivers and from manufacturer's site)
    6. Installing a generic audio device (installing a generic USB audio device does not succeed, and installing a generic Realtek device resulted in a BSOD)

Do you have any ideas for fixing this?

netter, May 13, 2021
  3. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 13, 2021
  4. system audio output problem

problem with audio output devices (inbuilt speakers)

Hi Venka,

It happens that there's a corrupted file inside one of your system folders that makes the sound output inconsistent or not working at all. When a component of an operating system has been missing or corrupted, your computer will function in an unusual
    behavior including its sound output systems.

Here's what you can do:

• There’s a built-in utility called System File Checker tool that helps users to perform scanning, repairing, and restoring of missing or corrupted files of a computer. You can visit this link:
      Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted
      system files
      to know how to run this tool.
    • Perform a full system scan by using Windows Defender.
    • Update your operating system to the latest version.
    • Test your speaker or any sound output by replacing them. Try the other device if it does the same.
    • Update your audio driver by downloading it from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know if you need more help.

Johann Eva, May 13, 2021
Thema:

system audio output problem

1. system audio output problem - Similar Threads - system audio output

2. Output audio problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Output audio problem: I'm using windows 10 and having an audio output problem.When I plug my headphone in the audio jack, it shows no headphone output.But when I unplug my headphone, it shows a problem in this video https://youtu.be/c65TSp2A-P4 The first 12 seconds I have my headphones plugged in,...
  3. Output audio problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Output audio problem: I'm using windows 10 and having an audio output problem.When I plug my headphone in the audio jack, it shows no headphone output.But when I unplug my headphone, it shows a problem in this video https://youtu.be/c65TSp2A-P4 The first 12 seconds I have my headphones plugged in,...
  4. Output audio problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio Output Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Output Problems: Hello. I have a pc build with a gigabyte b450m ds3h, r5 3600, 5700xt. The bios is flashed to the latest version. Running windows ten, and my headset will not work out of ANY jack on the PC, including both the front ports and the ones on the IO in the back. However, when I...
  6. Problem with audio output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with audio output: Hello fellow Redditors, My friend has Win10 and since it's install, sometimes it happens that in middle of some app/game audio output switches from headphones to TV (using it as a monitor). Now, we recently started playing one game and in one game (approx. 40 minutes) it...
  7. Audio problems on TV output

Audio problems on TV output: So, mostly I use my computer with headphones, I have an evga rtx2070 connected to a desktop monitor that is set as my primary display. I also have it connected to my living room tv. I have no problems using my wireless headphones on the computer, but when I want to put on...
  8. Audio output device problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio output device problem: I have my audio output device on my HP laptop set to a Bluetooth wireless device. Every time I boot from shutdown or on restart the computer, the output resets to the computer's audio device. I have to reset it in Bluetooth and other device settings. How can I stop this? Is...
  9. Audio output problem

Audio output problem: i am getting audio output problem it is showing no device installed but in device manager there is device how to solve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output-problem/b00a6d90-7fff-4532-9a32-ccb7430865dc
  10. audio output system

audio output system: hi, i have problem with my notebook s sound system. it says no audio output device is installed but when i click it i cant do anything , i cant download or update audio driver...