Windows 10: System audio/sound plays through microphone

Discus and support System audio/sound plays through microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft, I have been trying this issue for a while, this is going to be my last resort. Basically, my headset Mic picks up anything that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SamyakTuladhar, Dec 8, 2020.

1. System audio/sound plays through microphone

Hi Microsoft,

I have been trying this issue for a while, this is going to be my last resort.

Basically, my headset Mic picks up anything that is playing in my computer. no, There is no audio bleed from the headphones & if I am in a call in a discord for eg. they can hear everything perfectly that I can, just with slight delay. I have tried all the fixes available on the internet.

Please help!!

:)

SamyakTuladhar, Dec 8, 2020

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 8, 2020
  3. No Sound or Microphone after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi Selah,

Follow these methods to troubleshoot the issue with sound and microphone:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the Playing Audio troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on Playing Audio troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers completely and manually install the drivers in compatibility mode. Right click on the downloaded driver package file and click on Troubleshoot compatibility
    and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Dec 8, 2020
  4. System audio/sound plays through microphone

microphone

Since you're using an external headset/microphone, we suggest using a different headset to test if the same issue will occur. You can also run the built-in troubleshooter for hardware and sound by following the steps below:

• In the Windows Search bar, type troubleshoot.
    • Open the Control Panel app from the search result.
    • Under Troubleshoot computer problems, click Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Playing Audio to run the troubleshooter and follow the on-screen guide

We will wait for an update.

Jennifer Cha, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

System audio/sound plays through microphone

1. System audio/sound plays through microphone - Similar Threads - System audio sound

2. Microphone playing system audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone playing system audio: Recently, I wanted to enable "Stereo Mix" on my Windows 11 22H2 computer. I decided I didn't need it anymore, so I disabled it. Later that day, on a Google Meet with my friends, I was playing music. I saw my Google Meet microphone talking, so I paused the music to see if...
  3. Microphone playing system audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone playing system audio: Recently, I wanted to enable "Stereo Mix" on my Windows 11 22H2 computer. I decided I didn't need it anymore, so I disabled it. Later that day, on a Google Meet with my friends, I was playing music. I saw my Google Meet microphone talking, so I paused the music to see if...
  4. Headset playing sound through microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset playing sound through microphone: Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have tested: 1. removing the microphone does not fix it, it still plays the audio2. if I change to another microphone in my settings, it...
  5. Headset playing sound through microphone

Headset playing sound through microphone: Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have tested: 1. removing the microphone does not fix it, it still plays the audio2. if I change to another microphone in my settings, it...
  6. Laptop audio plays through microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop audio plays through microphone: I just got a brand new laptop, and whenever I use my microphone (discord call, camera app, etc.), the actual laptop audio plays through into the microphone. This continues to happen even if I mute the mic via the mute switch on my headset. I only have this problem when I plug...
  7. Headset microphone sounds muffled, quiet, and plays desktop audio through it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset microphone sounds muffled, quiet, and plays desktop audio through it.: I have a headset that works fine on another device, but for some reason on my desktop, no matter what port I use, all the audio from the desktop gets played through the microphone and the microphone is really quiet and muffled. The only way you can hear anything from the...
  8. System sound plays through microphone some times

System sound plays through microphone some times: System audio is being played through my microphone, its not being picked up because, one I'm wearing headphones and two it even happens when my mic is muted. The weird thing is it only happens when using the audio jacks on the front of my pc, and not when using the ones in...
  9. Audio playing through microphone

Audio playing through microphone: All of my audio is playing through my microphone on discord, teamspeak, game chat etc. and I can't seem to fix it. Its not my microphone because when I mute my mic on my headset the audio still plays. I have tried disabling all of the other audio devices besides my headset...
  10. Fortnite audio playing through microphone

Fortnite audio playing through microphone: So while playing fortnite, i'm in a party with others and the problem is they can hear my game audio. I've disabled all options besides microphone, and the issue persists. Any feedback would be appreciated, as this is driving me crazy....