Windows 10: System auto reboot

Discus and support System auto reboot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Friends, I;m running Win 10 Pro 64bit. Yesterday around 22:15 (GMT+8) I remember hibernating my laptop. Then around 23:30 I saw my screen (while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ksmith08, Apr 11, 2019.

1. ksmith08 Win User

System auto reboot

Hello Friends,

I;m running Win 10 Pro 64bit. Yesterday around 22:15 (GMT+8) I remember hibernating my laptop. Then around 23:30 I saw my screen (while walking past) and saw my lock screen. I was bit puzzled because i thought I hit the hibernate button. Then I managed to dig into my event viewer but couldn't understand properly.

You can view the log here - eventlog - Pastebin.com

Can someone help and review these logs? I just want to know if my laptop auto restarted after an update or someone tried to switch on the laptop.

Thanks

:)

ksmith08, Apr 11, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Continual System Reboot

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to corrupt system files in the system.

So to diagnose whether there are no corruptions, we suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run inbuilt system maintenance troubleshooter and check if it works.
    Please follow the steps given below.

• Type Troubleshooting in search bar and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on System maintenance and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: We suggest you to perform clean boot and check if any third party apps are causing the issue.
    Placing the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue.

Please refer to the article below for steps to perform a clean boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot "to reset computer as usual.

Let us know the result.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 11, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

System auto reboot

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

System auto reboot

1. System auto reboot - Similar Threads - System auto reboot

2. Windows Auto-Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Auto-Reboot: Hail all:Many asked this question, several options are given, but ... NONE work.I have done the gpedit.msc two, the Advanced System setting, ..., damn Win 11 Ent keeps rebooting, ignoring EVERY SINGLE setting.A phenomena that i encountered allover Win 11, settings simply...
  3. Windows Auto-Reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Auto-Reboot: Hail all:Many asked this question, several options are given, but ... NONE work.I have done the gpedit.msc two, the Advanced System setting, ..., damn Win 11 Ent keeps rebooting, ignoring EVERY SINGLE setting.A phenomena that i encountered allover Win 11, settings simply...
  4. Auto Reboot Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Reboot Issues: Been recently having issues with Windows 10 Auto rebooting. I originally thought it was solved by disabling auto rebooting in system settings. However, it just rebooted with it being disabled. Its as if someone hit the reset button. I can look into the event log and under...
  5. Auto Reboot Issues

Auto Reboot Issues: Been recently having issues with Windows 10 Auto rebooting. I originally thought it was solved by disabling auto rebooting in system settings. However, it just rebooted with it being disabled. Its as if someone hit the reset button. I can look into the event log and under...
  6. Auto Reboot Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. System auto reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System auto reboot: Hi,I have previous encountered multiple system reboots when the laptop is idle for sometimes. Checking the system log there is no obvious error messages I can locate. The only thing I found relevent is as below.- The previous system shutdown at 8:50:59 pm on ‎17/‎11/‎2021 was...
  8. System auto reboot

System auto reboot: Hi,I have previous encountered multiple system reboots when the laptop is idle for sometimes. Checking the system log there is no obvious error messages I can locate. The only thing I found relevent is as below.- The previous system shutdown at 8:50:59 pm on ‎17/‎11/‎2021 was...
  9. System auto reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. How to stop updates from auto-installing & rebooting system??!!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop updates from auto-installing & rebooting system??!!: I've had this problem in the past on a system running W10 Home. But it's happened 3 times now in the past month on a W10 Pro system in the middle of running a weeks long task. Checking the event log I see: Date: 9/25/2020 8:53:43 AM Windows successfully installed the...