Windows 10: system Backup From C drive to D drive both internal drives

Discus and support system Backup From C drive to D drive both internal drives in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; ok I have been on the insiders program for awhile. I am tired of having to reinstall my system completely when the updates give me BSOD or black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by imanalien, Jan 15, 2021.

1. imanalien Win User

system Backup From C drive to D drive both internal drives

ok I have been on the insiders program for awhile. I am tired of having to reinstall my system completely when the updates give me BSOD or black screens of death and trying everything to get past it. Anyway, I have tried Macrium, Aomei and Acronis using the usb media recovery with the PE software installed . I dont have a external portable drive to backup my OS to and cant afford one at this time. I tried to backup from my Main C Drive(SSD) to my D Drive(HDD). it backs everything up but last time i tried i was using Aomei Backupper, worked perfect backing up, but when a windows update screwed my system i lost everything. When i changed my boot settings to boot from USB it worked and the Aomei Browser came up, but when i went to restore from my D Drive(where the backup file was) the D Drive didnt show in the list of drives...WHY? Anyone here know what i did wrong or how to make it work? Each software has no problem backing up their backup files to my D Drive but upon restore The drive doesnt show..please help. Oh also I have a 1TB for the D drive with 200 Gigs of free space..the rest I have all my Ebooks saved and all my other revovery programs etc, I cant clone to the D Drive because it will wipe out the entire drive before doing so but the 200 gigs of free space is plenty to save a system backup to..since my main C Drive is 500 gigs but the entire backup from C Drive is only 37 gigs.. so whats going on here..they are both NTFS drives...

:)

imanalien, Jan 15, 2021

2. How do I override this and in fact backup drive C:\ onto drive D:\. At the moment I can not see drive D:\ as an optional drive to back up to.

If you only want to backup your C:\ drive to D:\ drive, you need to ensure that your D:\ drive has enough space to store the backup files first. If you still cannot see the D:\ drive as an optional drive to back up to, you can try to use some freeware
    like AOMEI Backupper, which can
    backup Windows 10 system partition
    , the C:\ drive to any other local partitions like D:\ drive or external hard drive in a few simple steps.

DemonBradsahw, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Converting an internal hard drive to an external backup

IDE can do 133MB/s

if he can find USB 3.0, go for it. i suggest a new drive + enclosure in one, just because it will be faster and more reliable. the 100GB drive can always be installed as an INTERNAL backup drive in the new machine anyway.

Mussels, Jan 15, 2021
  4. system Backup From C drive to D drive both internal drives

Backup drive is running out of space

The hard drive, 250GB, on my Windows 10 PC has four partitions - C,D,E & F, each with disc space of about 58 GB. As of now, the System Backup is configured to the D drive which has latest backups & system images only. Presently I have only 15 MB free
    space on the D drive & so I am getting a System notification that my D drive is running out of space. I want to take a complete System Backup on an external Disc drive for safety & security of my system, files & folders. Let me know how I can clean up the
    D drive for taking backups again on the same drive as before. Also let me know how I can make a Bootable Backup disc in case of my PC crashes. Please help me & suggest step by step guideline for resolving the issue.

Bappaditya Gupta, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

system Backup From C drive to D drive both internal drives

1. system Backup From C drive to D drive both internal drives - Similar Threads - system Backup drive

2. Creating a system image backup from The C drive to the internal D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a system image backup from The C drive to the internal D drive: Hi there,I want to do a clean windows 11 installation and i want to backup my Apps,games,files,documents and etc. Except for the drivers which they're causing problem's.I have 2 SSD drives, 1- C/Drive for system and windows and 2- The D/Drive for anything else...Can i create...
  3. Creating a system image backup from The C drive to the internal D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a system image backup from The C drive to the internal D drive: Hi there,I want to do a clean windows 11 installation and i want to backup my Apps,games,files,documents and etc. Except for the drivers which they're causing problem's.I have 2 SSD drives, 1- C/Drive for system and windows and 2- The D/Drive for anything else...Can i create...
  4. Resetting both C and D drive together

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting both C and D drive together: Hi, recently i tried to reset my pc for the first time. After resetting the pc, i found that only C drive was formatted and the personal files inside D drive was still there remain untouched.I have two drive in my pc which is C and D Drive, if i want to perform reset on both...
  5. Resetting both C and D drive together

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting both C and D drive together: Hi, recently i tried to reset my pc for the first time. After resetting the pc, i found that only C drive was formatted and the personal files inside D drive was still there remain untouched.I have two drive in my pc which is C and D Drive, if i want to perform reset on both...
  6. Resetting both C and D drive together

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting both C and D drive together: Hi, I wanted to clean my pc so i decided to reset it, removing personal files along it. But after resetting the pc, i found that only C drive was formatted and the personal files inside D drive was still there remain untouched.I have two drive in my pc which is C and D Drive,...
  7. C drive and D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive and D drive: Hi, I was looking through my files and found my brother's files on my D drive. I asked him to move it to C drive so that it wouldn't appear on my D drive, but when I checked my C drive, he's files were there. I share a laptop with my brother and have our own accounts. Is the...
  8. C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive to D drive: So for some reason with this new PC, all of my applications and files were downloaded to my C drive automatically, when I wanted them in the D drive. So i took all of the files in the C drive and copy-pasted them to the D drive, then uninstalled everything from my C drive...
  9. Moving 'System' Drive from C to D Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving 'System' Drive from C to D Drive: Because my C drive has limited space, Ive been trying to change all settings of storage to my D drive. However, whenever trying to install a new program, it tries to be downloaded on the C drive still as the program requires to be downloaded on the 'system drive'. I also...
  10. Cannot access both C: and D: Drives.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot access both C: and D: Drives.: Title says it all ladies and gents. Access is denied on both drives. Just upgraded about an hour ago and I've been looking for solutions but cant seem to find any that works for me. I'm only using one account and its a Local(Administrator) account. It would be nice if someone...