Windows 10: System backup

Discus and support System backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 1 Does system image backup your entire system including the operating system? I bought a new drive and wanted to backup my old drive before replacing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mar02_, Jan 13, 2021 at 11:57 PM.

1. mar02_ Win User

System backup

1 Does system image backup your entire system including the operating system? I bought a new drive and wanted to backup my old drive before replacing it..

If I do a system image backup... does it also backup the Windows OS?

If system imaging does not backup my OS and my personal files at the same time.. should I buy two backup drive, one is for backup my datapersonal files/games etc and the other one is for my windows OS... Is that how it properly works??

Need help :...

:)

2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

3. Backup using file history

Thanks Robeline

I was going by other advice and articles that suggest that backing up under Update and security/backup is now the way to go. I will try your suggestion.

Doug

4. System backup

Backup skipped

Hi Ken,

For us to better isolate your concern, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are your backing up files or creating a system image?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest deleting the backup you created and create a new one. Click this
    article
    and follow the steps on how to create a backup.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Thema:

System backup

1. System backup - Similar Threads - System backup

2. How to backup app data + files from 2 hard drives for system reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to backup app data + files from 2 hard drives for system reset: I am having a problem with my system after installing my latest win 10 update. My screen if flickering nonstop. I already have brought it up in another thread but I'm at the point now where Im wanting to do a system reset. I have a HDD and SSD in my desktop. Windows is on the...
  3. system Backup From C drive to D drive both internal drives

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    system Backup From C drive to D drive both internal drives: ok I have been on the insiders program for awhile. I am tired of having to reinstall my system completely when the updates give me BSOD or black screens of death and trying everything to get past it. Anyway, I have tried Macrium, Aomei and Acronis using the usb media recovery...
  4. Win 10 System Backup failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 System Backup failing: On attempting a Microsoft Windows 10 System Image Backup I receive the message "There is not enough disk space to create the volume shadow copy on the storage location" but there is....
  5. Question on BitLocker - Key change after performing System Image backup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question on BitLocker - Key change after performing System Image backup: Hi. I want to use BitLocker on my drive and then image it using the built-in software in Windows 10. Let's say that for any reason I will need to change my BitLocker password afterwards. If I restore Windows 10 later from the image, which BitLocker key / recovery key do...
  6. Backup and Restore Windows 10 NTFS system partition from within Arch Linux installation USB...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup and Restore Windows 10 NTFS system partition from within Arch Linux installation USB...: Hi, I need advice how to backup or restore windows 10 system partion from arch linux installation usb with rsync command. I would like backup partion to another partition or better to one compressed file. When I'll want restore my system from backup, I just restart PC to arch...
  7. How to restore personal files after system restore when “backup” doesn’t recognize backup...

How to restore personal files after system restore when “backup” doesn’t recognize backup...: My Windows 10 had some issues and i had to restore windows, effectively resetting my computer. I have a backup external HD, that I backup my personal files. After doing all the necessary windows updates, I tried the backup for my personal files but the backup in system...
  8. How to get windows 7 System Image Backup to work in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to get windows 7 System Image Backup to work in Windows 10: G'Day all from OZ, I have received a lot of help from the Sevenforum in the past, so I hope the same type of assistance happens here. :) Some time back I watched a Youtube clip, on how to backup Windows 10 and create a System image, using the Windows 7 Backup and Restore...
  9. My device controlled from Olympia, Windows 7 Backup and Restore creates System Images but...

My device controlled from Olympia, Windows 7 Backup and Restore creates System Images but...: My device connected to Work or School Account given from Microsoft, but now Windows 7 Back up and Restore fails to Restore System Image, why and how to solve? [ATTACH]...
  10. How to get windows 7 System Image Backup to work in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get windows 7 System Image Backup to work in Windows 10: G'Day all from OZ, I have received a lot of help from the Sevenforum in the past, so I hope the same type of assistance happens here. :) Some time back I watched a Youtube clip, on how to backup Windows 10 and create a System image, using the Windows 7 Backup and Restore...