Windows 10: System backup

Discus and support System backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 1 Does system image backup your entire system including the operating system? I bought a new drive and wanted to backup my old drive before replacing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mar02_, Jan 13, 2021.

1. mar02_ Win User

System backup

1 Does system image backup your entire system including the operating system? I bought a new drive and wanted to backup my old drive before replacing it..

If I do a system image backup... does it also backup the Windows OS?

If system imaging does not backup my OS and my personal files at the same time.. should I buy two backup drive, one is for backup my datapersonal files/games etc and the other one is for my windows OS... Is that how it properly works??

Need help :...

:)

mar02_, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Backup using file history

Thanks Robeline

I was going by other advice and articles that suggest that backing up under Update and security/backup is now the way to go. I will try your suggestion.

Doug

DougWalsh1, Jan 14, 2021
  4. System backup

Backup skipped

Hi Ken,

For us to better isolate your concern, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are your backing up files or creating a system image?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest deleting the backup you created and create a new one. Click this
    article
    and follow the steps on how to create a backup.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

System backup

1. System backup - Similar Threads - System backup

2. Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image: This started when I was trying to migrate my windows onto a new drive, I was doing it via an image and USB flash drive. while going through the process I had to select which drive I wanted it on and which drives it was going to take windows from. one of them was a drive E...
  3. Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image: This started when I was trying to migrate my windows onto a new drive, I was doing it via an image and USB flash drive. while going through the process I had to select which drive I wanted it on and which drives it was going to take windows from. one of them was a drive E...
  4. Don't You Wish Windows Had New Additional Type of Backup System First of It's Kind Most...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't You Wish Windows Had New Additional Type of Backup System First of It's Kind Most...: Hi, Microsoft friends. Don't you wish also, Windows has this new kind of backup system: I wish there was a backup system wherein it's connected to Microsoft DISM feature, as it restores things it replaces the corrupted files. It clones it or images it but it doesn't restore...
  5. Don't You Wish Windows Had New Additional Type of Backup System First of It's Kind Most...

Don't You Wish Windows Had New Additional Type of Backup System First of It's Kind Most...: Hi, Microsoft friends. Don't you wish also, Windows has this new kind of backup system: I wish there was a backup system wherein it's connected to Microsoft DISM feature, as it restores things it replaces the corrupted files. It clones it or images it but it doesn't restore...
  6. why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...: why i am not able to restore sib ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third party tool and use it to restore sib. but by ms sib option not work to restore, only i can backup but not restore by ms, why ms not creating restore tool as portable so any where it can be restored....
  7. why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...

why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...: why i am not able to restore sib ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third party tool and use it to restore sib. but by ms sib option not work to restore, only i can backup but not restore by ms, why ms not creating restore tool as portable so any where it can be restored....
  8. How can I backup my system and files ?

How can I backup my system and files ?: I'm got a new Windows 11 computer.So,I need to backup my Windows 10 system and files. But I CANNOT find any backup tools in my Windows 10 Settings .There is a backup tool in the control panel,but it only for Windows 7.It DON'T work on Windows 11 and 10. I HOPE Microsoft will...
  9. How can I backup my system and files ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I backup my system and files ?: I'm got a new Windows 11 computer.So,I need to backup my Windows 10 system and files. But I CANNOT find any backup tools in my Windows 10 Settings .There is a backup tool in the control panel,but it only for Windows 7.It DON'T work on Windows 11 and 10. I HOPE Microsoft will...
  10. How can I backup my system and files ?

in Windows 10 Gaming