Windows 10: System become unstable with Windows 10 2004 update

Discus and support System become unstable with Windows 10 2004 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; With terrible experience after loading of 2004 update 1. Winwod Live Mail does not work and need to add registry to fix. 2. Slow initial program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DanielChu4, Jun 20, 2020.

1. System become unstable with Windows 10 2004 update

With terrible experience after loading of 2004 update

1. Winwod Live Mail does not work and need to add registry to fix.

2. Slow initial program loading of Window Media Player.

3. Slow initial program loading of Google Chrome, even reinstalling cannot fix.

4. Unstable network connection with NAS.

5. Rollback to 1909, all above issues fixed.

How come Microsoft to released such a buggy update ?

:)

DanielChu4, Jun 20, 2020

2. Help with unstable system

latest update,
    I have changed psu for xfx 750W and keeping to stock values and use on board graphics, the system seems stable , has been for several days. If I try to unleash, then Its prone to occasional crashing.
    So next step was to put HD6950 in with CPU in stock setting.
    System very unstable again. crashes after about 5 mins.
    I have lots of fans , CPU temp ~35deg, HDD ~30deg,
    HD6950 ~ 49deg
    When system crashes, I dont get bSOD but a grey screen with thin black vertical lines. I then have to re-boot . I get back, Windows reports error with usual 124 error.
    Could the CPU be an issue ?
    Dont have another to test.
    Any suggestions ?
    Thank you

gmastra100, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 20, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

System become unstable with Windows 10 2004 update

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

System become unstable with Windows 10 2004 update

1. System become unstable with Windows 10 2004 update - Similar Threads - System become unstable

2. Touchpad become unstable while charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad become unstable while charging: I don't know what's going on with my laptop, usually it doesn't matter if it's charging or not. But suddenly now it's a problem. Many say this is a grounding problem. But even though I use the same charger. I am using Windows 10.Steps I've taken to improve:1. Reinstall the...
  3. Windows Becoming Unstable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Becoming Unstable: Hello. Windows 11 has been acting up this week. I don't know what started it, but my taskbar freezes and the start menu now refuses to open sometimes still does this after Windows Explorer is restarted. It appears that "wsappx", or specifically "AppX Deployment Service",...
  4. Windows Becoming Unstable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Becoming Unstable: Hello. Windows 11 has been acting up this week. I don't know what started it, but my taskbar freezes and the start menu now refuses to open sometimes still does this after Windows Explorer is restarted. It appears that "wsappx", or specifically "AppX Deployment Service",...
  5. Unstable System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unstable System: Win 10 64 21H1:I'm experiencing random reboot issues. It started during the latest update series. After the last update, it happens often enough the system is unusable. I've attempted to restart in safe mode and once got as far as the American Megatrends BIOS. I noticed that...
  6. will the windows 2004 update become mandatory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    will the windows 2004 update become mandatory: I believe I have stopped automatic 2004 update so it should not install, at least for 30 days. Is there a setting that will allow ordinary monthly Microsoft security and cumulative updates be automatically installed as they are readied?...
  7. cursor becomes unstable Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cursor becomes unstable Windows 10: Hello I'm having trouble determining how to fix my cursor. At least once a day it becomes unstable, bounces all over the screen. this is an HP laptop with Windows 10 Even if I remove the wireless mouse and the USB dongle that the mouse uses, the problem remains until I...
  8. windows 10 has become slow and unstable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 has become slow and unstable: windows 10 has become slow and unstable Start up often fails and requires rebooting. video often hangs up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-has-become-slow-and-unstable/8d18645d-d6c6-4c8c-a7d7-5d6865bac831
  9. System become very unstable, freezes, no BSOD?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System become very unstable, freezes, no BSOD?: From the beggining when I installed win10, 2 months ago, I didnt have any major problems with system. yesterday I experienced freeze, not even bluescreen but system just collapsed so I could only press reset button. Tried to reboot but it wont. I had 2x4GB kingston ram,...
  10. Unstable system

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unstable system: I am so fed up with my laptop! Nothing but problems since I bought it!!! For some odd reason my system is not stable at all. I was discussing some of this in conjunction with another issue I'm having (setting up making an iso of windows 10 before the end of July deadline...