Windows 10: System boot stuck before login screen.

Discus and support System boot stuck before login screen. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! I don't know if this is the right thread because I don't get any BSOD but it's really close to one. The problem: System boot stuck before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by krisee, Nov 24, 2015.

1. krisee Win User

System boot stuck before login screen.

Hi!

I don't know if this is the right thread because I don't get any BSOD but it's really close to one.

The problem:

The backstory:
    Messed around with ProgramData's ownership because the Indexer/Search didn't work. (read it in this forum that changing the ownership of that folder might help)
    Restarted the PC and got stuck at the spinning circles. (if I press the ctrl+alt+del and click furiously it gives me the login screen without any input field, just the turn off, ease of acees and lan buttons)

I tried many things to fix this problem but with no success so far:
    - run in safe mode with lan
    - turn on the local administrator account and try to reset the ownership of the folder
    (no permission to do that??)
    - run sfc /scannow (told me that some errors couldn't be repaired)
    - run DISM
    - run system restore with keeping my personal files

What seemed to fix the problem:
    - run system restore with deleting all files (now I can login without any problem, but the search problem remained)

What I found so far:
    - CBS contains many similar lines to this
    "2015-11-24 22:37:22, Info CSI 00000b04 Warning - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory [l:92{46}]"\??\C:\ProgramData\regid.1991-06.com.microsoft" in component Microsoft-Windows-Branding-Base-Professional, Version = 10.0.10240.16384, pA = amd64, nonSxS, PublicKeyToken"
    - ntblog contains a bunch of "BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @hal.inf,%acpi_amd64.devicedesc%;ACPI x64-based PC" and many similar (driver related?) lines

Any thoughts on this?

:)

krisee, Nov 24, 2015
  2. Tengu23 Win User

KB314074 Update Boot time Now Over An Hour!

Thanks for your reply.

It started fine in safe mode, but with clean boot it is again stuck on the spinning wheel before the login screen. I followed the clean boot procedure to the letter.

It will probably be another hour or two before I can do anything else with it now...

Tengu23, Nov 24, 2015
  3. Ri-G Win User
    How to disable "Lock screen" after anniversary windows 10 pro.

First Microsoft screwed my windows 10 pro system complete. With the anniversary update.

It got stuck in boot loop. It always restarted before the login screen appeared.

So i reinstalled the system a few months sooner then planned.

But for some reason the Lock Screen is not going away , i disabled it in groups policy edit. and i want that screen away. gone poof ! it's annoying , useless and irritating

"Do not display the lock screen" -> Enabled

How can i disable it ? It worked fine before the anniversary disaster !

Thema:

1. System boot stuck before login screen. - Similar Threads - System boot stuck

2. Windows is stuck at the Lock Screen or Welcome Screen before login

in Windows 10 News
    Windows is stuck at the Lock Screen or Welcome Screen before login: [ATTACH]Sometimes when you turn on your computer, you get your Windows 11/10 login screen, but then it gets frozen, maybe reboots on its own, or it stops and does not respond to your command. You may get the login screen, but nothing happens after entering the password....
  3. Stuck on welcome screen after password login or stuck on please wait before password login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on welcome screen after password login or stuck on please wait before password login: Just started happening after I restarted. No clue of what to do, tried scannow nothing tried deleting a ubisoft launcher. Nothing. submitted by /u/mixedmediums [link] [comments]...
  4. Black Screen Before Login, no safe mode, stuck

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen Before Login, no safe mode, stuck: So I was on my laptop. My battery died. I recharged and turned on my computer and I got the windows logo, the spinning wheel with the cursor and a black screen with no login screen. Task manager doesn't work. No projector options. Restarted to advanced repair and safe...
  5. Stuck before login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck before login screen: Hello- I have a Lenovo thinkpad A485 laptop. Yesterday it froze and wouldn't respond to ctrl-alt-dlt so I hard restarted it with the power button. When it turned back on, it went through the Lenovo screen like normal, but instead of loading the login screen, it loads a blank...
  6. Computer got stuck before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer got stuck before login screen: Title says it all. I woke my computer from sleep mode, and clicked to get to the PIN entry screen, but instead, it just got stuck at a screen with only the background image. The only way out was to cold boot. I literally never had this happen until today. What may have caused...
  7. Stuck before login screen Help ASAP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck before login screen Help ASAP: Before the issue occured, i had only closed my laptop and put it in sleep mode. The next time i tried to use my computer i was stuck on my login background and that was it. There was no date, time, or power option. The screen was just blank with a cursor. I gave it a couple...
  8. Pc stuck before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Pc stuck before login screen: I have used this pc for more then 2 years and i updated my pc to win 10 almost a year ago. So today i started my pc and it got stuck before the login screen i have to press a button to get to the login screen but it just got stuck my mouse and keyboard are working because it...
  9. Stuck at spinning circle before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at spinning circle before login screen: Hello, So here's my issue: I started my computer and came back to find a BSOD. It displayed an error code and mentioned something about a driver error. I waited until the loading reached 100%, but it didn't restart on its own so i shut the computer down manually by holding...
  10. Black screen on boot before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on boot before login screen: Laptop: ​Gigabyte U2442 The issue is pretty much as stated in the title "​Black screen on boot before login screen". I've booted into safe mode and changed the startup up to diagnostic boot and it gets further. When in diagnostic mode it actually gets to the login...