Windows 10: System Boots into unusable state

Discus and support System Boots into unusable state in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! My system is booting into “black screen with cursor” state, unable to get any tools to load / (no taskbar, no right click/ no ctrl-alt-delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jhousedj, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Jhousedj Win User

System Boots into unusable state

Hi!

My system is booting into “black screen with cursor” state, unable to get any tools to load / (no taskbar, no right click/ no ctrl-alt-delete

Starting in Safe mode gives me the same

Startup Repair Fails

Reset This PC fails

No recovery drive avail (accidentally formatted it trying to fix my issue) and I do not have access to another machine to create install usb

I found a thread walking through using DISKPART to generate disk info - Screenshots of that output and also the SRT log are provided at this link
    Shared album - Jeff Howe - Google Photos

Please let me know what additionall info is needed

Thanks!!

:)

Jhousedj, Sep 6, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 6, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Sep 6, 2019
  4. System Boots into unusable state

Continual System Reboot

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to corrupt system files in the system.

So to diagnose whether there are no corruptions, we suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run inbuilt system maintenance troubleshooter and check if it works.
    Please follow the steps given below.

• Type Troubleshooting in search bar and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on System maintenance and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: We suggest you to perform clean boot and check if any third party apps are causing the issue.
    Placing the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue.

Please refer to the article below for steps to perform a clean boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot "to reset computer as usual.

Let us know the result.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

System Boots into unusable state

1. System Boots into unusable state - Similar Threads - System Boots unusable

2. Win10 Laptop Boots but completely unusable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Laptop Boots but completely unusable: My 2020-ish Lenovo idea pad 5 has stopped working pretty much entirely. When it boots, the screen flashes red, same colour as the taskbar about every second for a second see attached It does take up the entire screen evenly but my camera didn't pick it up. All icons disappear...
  3. Win10 Laptop Boots but completely unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Laptop Boots but completely unusable: My 2020-ish Lenovo idea pad 5 has stopped working pretty much entirely. When it boots, the screen flashes red, same colour as the taskbar about every second for a second see attached. I did monetarily get the computer to stop flashing, but I had very limited access, and:...
  4. Win10 Laptop Boots but completely unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Laptop Boots but completely unusable: My 2020-ish Lenovo idea pad 5 has stopped working pretty much entirely. When it boots, the screen flashes red, same colour as the taskbar about every second for a second see attached. I did monetarily get the computer to stop flashing, but I had very limited access, and:...
  5. Secure Boot State Being Enabled in UEFI But Not in System Info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot State Being Enabled in UEFI But Not in System Info: Hi, I am having trouble with some apps that now require secure boot state. I am on windows 11, so I think it is a problem regarding the subject. Thank you....
  6. Secure Boot State Being Enabled in UEFI But Not in System Info

Secure Boot State Being Enabled in UEFI But Not in System Info: Hi, I am having trouble with some apps that now require secure boot state. I am on windows 11, so I think it is a problem regarding the subject. Thank you....
  7. System Refuses to Boot, Bootlog states BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED for several items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Refuses to Boot, Bootlog states BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED for several items: Hello,At the start of this week out of the blue I experienced a BSOD Blue Screen Of Death with the code CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. The system rebooted as usual and then gave the error code 0xc0000225 meaning boot files were missing. I then made a windows installation USB and...
  8. System Refuses to Boot, Bootlog states BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED for several items

System Refuses to Boot, Bootlog states BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED for several items: Hello,At the start of this week out of the blue I experienced a BSOD Blue Screen Of Death with the code CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. The system rebooted as usual and then gave the error code 0xc0000225 meaning boot files were missing. I then made a windows installation USB and...
  9. State of boot bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    State of boot bar: Microsoft should provide a bar showing the state of boot up - with Windows 10 now using more resources than ever - boot times as well as installation times are increasing - often leaving the user unsure whether something is amiss with their device or whether it is just Window...
  10. post upgrade system resets to unusable state.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    post upgrade system resets to unusable state.: I'm totally stumped. I've upgraded from Win 7 to 10 twice and this happened both times. Basically on my Lenovo laptop I perform the upgrade and everything seems to work perfectly. After 1-2 hours of use, all of the files in the account I'm using seem to delete themselves in...