Windows 10: System Browses LAN but can't see INTERNET

Discus and support System Browses LAN but can't see INTERNET in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, We have five Win 10 systems... All can browse our LAN with no trouble. But one system cannot connect to Internet. I have tried everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lothar Krepke, Feb 1, 2019.

1. System Browses LAN but can't see INTERNET

Hello,

We have five Win 10 systems... All can browse our LAN with no trouble.

But one system cannot connect to Internet.

I have tried everything I can think of, and have had extended conversations with a pretty senior tech from our Provider (happens to be Comcast.) I have powered down the cable modem**** and would welcome any thoughts that might assist.

Thanks for any help,

Lothar

:)

Lothar Krepke, Feb 1, 2019

2. browsing speed on shared lan internet

hello guys!!
    cheers!!
    i am a hosteler and have a local area network in my hostel...also we get internet connection through the same lan via a proxy server..now the thing is due to internet being on lan everybody just sucks up the speed by using download accelerators...and i dont get browsing speed that is good enough...so is there any setting or software by which i can extract the best speed out of my lan....plz help me guys...

computerlab, Feb 1, 2019
  3. Can't ping LAN Router - But can browse all LAN systems?

Hello,

We have a five system peer to peer LAN in our office. All systems run current WIN10.

I was using System1, and lost Internet. I was able to ping, and browse, all other systems on the LAN, but when I tried to browse our router from System1, I could not. Next I tried to ping the router from System1, that that timed
    out with nearly every attempt. I got a reply rate from the router of perhaps 5%.

Then, I found that all other systems can browse the router, and also had Internet.

After about 30 minutes, Internet came back to System1, and I can now browse the router from System1.

So, said another way, System1 can't ping the router, but it can browse all of the LAN by going
    through the router.

All that I have described has happened before, on occasion, but I am baffled by it.

I would welcome any thoughts about what might cause such a situation, and with that, any ideas about how I might avoid this hassle in the future.

Sincere thanks,

Lothar

Lothar Krepke, Feb 1, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

System Browses LAN but can't see INTERNET

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

System Browses LAN but can't see INTERNET

1. System Browses LAN but can't see INTERNET - Similar Threads - System Browses LAN

2. Can't see the Internet button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see the Internet button: Hello, I'm having some issues with connecting to the Internet. Today morning my laptop worked well and now when I turned it on I can't connect to the Internet.What I mean is that I don't see the Internet button in the taskbar / when I open the connections menu using the...
  3. Can't see the Internet button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see the Internet button: Hello, I'm having some issues with connecting to the Internet. Today morning my laptop worked well and now when I turned it on I can't connect to the Internet.What I mean is that I don't see the Internet button in the taskbar / when I open the connections menu using the...
  4. Can't see the Internet button

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. internet browsing

internet browsing: Hi, I can't browse YouTube and some other cites after I installed win10, how I can solve this problem? I appreciate any help Thank you & best regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-browsing/e2abfbb5-876a-40cb-912c-496147436d93
  6. Can't update Lan Adapter -> No internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't update Lan Adapter -> No internet: Hello! After updating an intel driver on my pc I cannot have access to the internet. Searched on device manager and I can't update the driver manually and also there is a yellow triangle next to the Lan adapter. Can't find a solution. submitted by /u/Balidaros [link]...
  7. Internet Connection Sharing works but the shared NIC can't see LAN nor LAN can't see the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet Connection Sharing works but the shared NIC can't see LAN nor LAN can't see the...: Windows 10 Home Hi, My PC has Wireless connection to the Internet and LAN thru a router, and it has 2 Ethernet that are free. I connect my NAS to an Ethernet port on my PC and and I share the internet connection with the Ethernet 2, then I can connect from my PC to the NAS...
  8. Can't ping LAN Router - But can browse all LAN systems?

Can't ping LAN Router - But can browse all LAN systems?: Hello, We have a five system peer to peer LAN in our office. All systems run current WIN10. I was using System1, and lost Internet. I was able to ping, and browse, all other systems on the LAN, but when I tried to browse our router from System1, I could not. Next I tried...
  9. Can't browse internet reliably

Can't browse internet reliably: I have a brand new Dell 3668 with Windows 10. About 50% of the time when I boot it up, internet browsing does not work (get a timeout message while trying to access web addresses) and also a message pops up on the Desktop stating "Could not connect to One Drive". However,...
  10. Unable to Browse Internet

Unable to Browse Internet: My husband & I try to remotely support his father's HP desktop. In the last month or so he can get email, TeamViewer for remote access works fine we can ping websites by name and IP but cannot browse to them by name or IP. We have done all the things recommended on MS site...