Windows 10: System Builder License Program

Discus and support System Builder License Program in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey! Who do I reach out at Microsoft India for System Builder Licenses? We are a system builder startup based in Bengaluru, India. We tried via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Karthik_Rao, Oct 7, 2019.

1. System Builder License Program

Hey!

Who do I reach out at Microsoft India for System Builder Licenses? We are a system builder startup based in Bengaluru, India. We tried via Device Partner Center, But I assume that would not be the right approach. Can someone guide better? Thank you.

:)

Karthik_Rao, Oct 7, 2019

2. Can a system builder install Windows 10 without a valid license

Hi,

As the subject suggests, Can a system builder install Windows 10 on a new pc without a valid license putting the ownership of obtaining a valid license on to the customer?

Thanks.

AllanThornton, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    OEM System Builder License Term

Hi,

If you're asking if OEM System Builder version of Windows 10 should be used on a device where you first installed it and has the same motherboard, then the answer is yes. OEM version cannot be installed on a different device and will not be re-activate if
    you replace a hardware that is different with the original hardware on your PC.

If you will buy a replacement for the hardware, it must be the exact type to be able to re-activate the OEM System Builder version of Windows 10.

For more information on Windows system builder licensing for personal use, click on this
    link.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Paola Gar, Oct 7, 2019
  4. System Builder License Program

Transferring license of windows 8.1 system builder

Under the terms of the OEM System Builder license, it has no transfer rights.

OEM versions of Windows 8.1 are identical to Full License Retail versions except for the following:

- OEM versions do not offer any free Microsoft direct support from Microsoft support personnel

- OEM licenses are tied to the very first computer you install and activate it on

- OEM versions allow all hardware upgrades except for an upgrade to a different model motherboard

- OEM versions cannot be used to directly upgrade from an older Windows operating system

That said, you could chance it and try phone activation since persons have managed to reactivate OEM system builder licenses with a new motherboard that way.

1. Press Windows key + X then clickRun, then type:
    slui.exe 4

2. Next press the 'ENTER' key

3. Select your 'Country' from the list.

4. Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.

5. Stay on the phone (do not select/press any options) and wait for a person to help you with activation.

6. Explain your problem clearly to the support person.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

System Builder License Program

1. System Builder License Program - Similar Threads - System Builder License

2. Is OEM okay for system builders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is OEM okay for system builders?: Hi. I'm a student and building my own computer. I'm interested in security such as tpm and so want professional edition. I know that in the past a security conscious 'education' edition was available to students but that it's now only available through an institution. So, my...
  3. Is OEM okay for system builders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is OEM okay for system builders?: Hi. I'm a student and building my own computer. I'm interested in security such as tpm and so want professional edition. I know that in the past a security conscious 'education' edition was available to students but that it's now only available through an institution. So, my...
  4. 3D Builder Program Interface Disappear

3D Builder Program Interface Disappear: Hi, I been using the 3D Builder program for a while and I love it because it's simple and I'm not overwhelmed with its features. Recently when I launch 3D Builder, sometimes the menu tabs will disappear when I hover my mouse over them. The program still recognizes the...
  5. system builder or upgrade?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    system builder or upgrade?: if i still have to activate windows, do i need the system builder or the upgrade? and do i need a product key or license or does it matter? i have win10 home submitted by /u/pm-me-your-pets-plz [link] [comments]...
  6. OEM Key Ordering for System Builders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OEM Key Ordering for System Builders: Who do I need to get in touch with to order OEM Keys for my System Building company? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-key-ordering-for-system-builders/1032717c-80f3-4ce1-aff5-ff9bbc697efd
  7. Website builder NON subscription program?

Website builder NON subscription program?: I used a desktop website builder named WebPlus by Serif software for years, it's still usable but lacks many modern features, so I am looking for a stand alone run from the desktop non subscription one off payment replacement? There are plenty of online Website builders...
  8. Windows 10 System Builder

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 System Builder: I build computers in my spare time from scratch or sometimes have to reinstall the OS do to serious viruses or what not. May I use the System Builder to install the OS on multi computers and how does the activation key work "do I use the same one or how many keys does it come...
  9. Can a system builder install Windows 10 without a valid license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can a system builder install Windows 10 without a valid license: Hi, As the subject suggests, Can a system builder install Windows 10 on a new pc without a valid license putting the ownership of obtaining a valid license on to the customer? Thanks....
  10. System Builder Windows Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    System Builder Windows Upgrade: Hi, Nice forums here. I would like to seek help from you guys. I have a PC which was bought from a store in Norway. It was repaired due to a burnt hard drive. It came back with a newly installed Windows 7 Home Premium - system builder version. My concern now is that the...