Windows 10: System Center Configuration Manager Package/Application Deployment Issue

Discus and support System Center Configuration Manager Package/Application Deployment Issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After creating a new application and/or package, I can successfully install it on target workstations the first 1-3 times, but all attempts after those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BillyCollins, Oct 1, 2019.

1. System Center Configuration Manager Package/Application Deployment Issue

After creating a new application and/or package, I can successfully install it on target workstations the first 1-3 times, but all attempts after those fail. Why would this happen?

The payload has been set up using multiple methods: as an application using a .vbs script, an application using the PSDeployKit method, a package utilizing individual programs and a package utilizing the PSDeployKit program. Same results regardless of how it is set up.

The source files are not being modified after they've been copied to their source location. The application I'm having a problem with is one from Avaya. Other applications are deploying successfully. Target workstations are all Win10 v1709 or newer.

What could cause these deployments to fail after the first few successful times? Could this be an issue with the SCCM server? We have one primary SCCM server in the environment and multiple distribution points but I am testing from a location which is geographically pulling from only one DP and the content on that DP looks good.

Thank you in advance for any guidance anyone can share. This has been incredibly frustrating.

(as there is no category for SCCM / System Center Configuration Manager, posting to the closest & most relevant category available)

:)

BillyCollins, Oct 1, 2019
  2. Jnyn Win User

Update 1702 for Configuration Manager (Current Branch) or System Center Configuration Manager 2016 to use ?

Hi,

I would like to know if an enterprise organization intend to use SCCM for its VDI software distribution environment, Update 1702 for Configuration Manager (Current Branch) or System Center Configuration Manager 2016 is applicable ?

Is System Center Configuration Manager 2016 being replaced by Current branch ? If not, which do you suggest ?

There is System Center 2016 - Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) deployment but so far is there 1702 for Configuration Manager (Current Branch) Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) deployment ?

Last but not the least, there is an article said that Windows Server 2016 is not supported for Server VDI.), is that true

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Jnyn, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    System Center Configuration Manager 1511 now available for Windows 10

Source: Now Generally Available: System Center Configuration Manager and Endpoint Protection (Version 1511) - System Center Configuration Manager Team Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Brink, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

System Center Configuration Manager Package/Application Deployment Issue

Update 1701 for Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch

Source: Update 1701 for Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch – Available Now! – Enterprise Mobility and Security Blog

Brink, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

System Center Configuration Manager Package/Application Deployment Issue

1. System Center Configuration Manager Package/Application Deployment Issue - Similar Threads - System Center Configuration

2. Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D01, The package deployment...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D01, The package deployment...: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D01, The package deployment operation is blocked by policy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-appxpackage-deployment-failed-with-hresult/677947a3-4cf6-4bd6-837e-41dead58a10d
  3. Deploying application crash.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deploying application crash.: In the Event Log:Application: xxx.exeFramework Version: 0.0.0.0Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x0000000000df7bf3Faulting process id: 0x1e60Faulting application start time: 0x01d82e8d9c60d092Faulting application path: : C:\Program Files x86\WeRobotics Cognition...
  4. Operating system not configured for the application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Operating system not configured for the application: When I try to open excel or word, I get the error that the operating system is presently not configured for this application. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/operating-system-not-configured-for-the/c8d07473-ac85-49a6-973c-a9819f6e99db
  5. Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager is not getting installed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager is not getting installed in Windows 10: Hi every one, I am currently trying to learn about Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and I am using Windows 10 Pro. I tried to download Microsoft SCCM into my system it shows the installation process but after that I am unable to see any application icon and even...
  6. operating system is not configured to run this application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    operating system is not configured to run this application: I had this problem with Microsoft Excel, every time I tried to open an Excel file or launch the Excel application I got the error "operating system is not configured to run this application". I finally managed to figure out that it was my antivirus, Bitdefender....
  7. Packaging 1809 for deployment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Packaging 1809 for deployment: So we have been struggling to get 1809 pushed out to all machines and I fear same issue will happen with 1903. Windows updates does not auto install this on domain joined computers and our automated systems dont play well with the feature updates. Im wondering what other...
  8. System Center Configuration Manager -Endpoint Protection Definition Last update Time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System Center Configuration Manager -Endpoint Protection Definition Last update Time: Dear Team, I have issue with System Center 2012 r2 configuration Manager sp1 Situation My client machine ABC os version WS 2012 R2 is up to dated and SSCM policy also applied on daily basis but when i see in SCCM dashboard it not change status it still showing me 1...
  9. System Center Configuration Manager 1511 now available for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    System Center Configuration Manager 1511 now available for Windows 10: Over the past few months we have been working to finalize the latest version of System Center Configuration Manager (ConfigMgr). We are excited to announce that this new current branch of System Center Configuration Manager and Endpoint Protection (version 1511) is now...
  10. Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager to get service treatment

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager to get service treatment: Microsoft's "everything as a service" push is continuing, with its System Center Configuration Manager the next product to get the treatment. In a couple of October 27 blog posts, Microsoft officials outlined the company's plans to turn Configuration Manager into a...