Windows 10: System clock fails and runs late or ahead

Discus and support System clock fails and runs late or ahead in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! A problem I never had before Win 10 x64 System clock fails and runs late or ahead between syncs. After a sync with time.windows.com... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by АМ., Jan 8, 2020.

1. АМ. Win User

System clock fails and runs late or ahead

Hello! A problem I never had before

Win 10 x64

System clock fails and runs late or ahead between syncs. After a sync with time.windows.com everything is correct for some time. In day or two clock runs ahead or late again.

I tweaked all I could. Turned on and off time sync, turned on and off time zone detect. System clock still fails

I changed motherboard battery, re-flashed bios and finally exchanged motherboard for new one. MSI MEG Z390 ACE

Still clock fails.

Any thiughts?

:)

АМ., Jan 8, 2020

2. my clock is running late

how do I adjust the clock on my computer. It is always running late

KarinJokisch, Jan 8, 2020
  3. r1rhyder Win User
    System Tests run, 2 Failed results

You FAILED to list your hardware/system specs

r1rhyder, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

1. System clock fails and runs late or ahead - Similar Threads - System clock fails

2. Taskbar clock is one hour ahead of internal clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar clock is one hour ahead of internal clock: I have a weird problem with clock in taskbar! I am using windows 11the time displayed in Date & Time settings is correct with daylight saving off, but clock in taskbar displays time with daylight saving +1 hour aheadI've tried everything like toggling on/off the daylight...
  3. Taskbar clock is one hour ahead of internal clock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar clock is one hour ahead of internal clock: I have a weird problem with clock in taskbar! I am using windows 11the time displayed in Date & Time settings is correct with daylight saving off, but clock in taskbar displays time with daylight saving +1 hour aheadI've tried everything like toggling on/off the daylight...
  4. Clock App Not Syncing with System Clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clock App Not Syncing with System Clock: Alarm in Clock App is not synchronizing with system clock. Set alarm for 3:00 pm for Saturday on Saturday morning and alarm will sound 1 day late On Sunday. System clock is correctly set with appropriate date and time zone. System is Win 10 Pro, 21H2 Build 19044.1889, Feature...
  5. Clock App Not Syncing with System Clock

Clock App Not Syncing with System Clock: Alarm in Clock App is not synchronizing with system clock. Set alarm for 3:00 pm for Saturday on Saturday morning and alarm will sound 1 day late On Sunday. System clock is correctly set with appropriate date and time zone. System is Win 10 Pro, 21H2 Build 19044.1889, Feature...
  6. System Clock Running Slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Clock Running Slow: My system clock consistently runs slow. Using a stopwatch, I've timed that 60 seconds on my system clock takes 74 seconds in real time. I've validated this using a standalone stopwatch, and the stopwatch app on my phone and can upload video to clearly demonstrate it.I've...
  7. Your clock is ahead or Your clock is behind error on Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Your clock is ahead or Your clock is behind error on Google Chrome: [ATTACH]If you are trying to open a website in Google Chrome and you see […] This article Your clock is ahead or Your clock is behind error on Google Chrome first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Clock keeps changed ahead while asleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clock keeps changed ahead while asleep: Have an older HP Envy 27in All-in-one on Win10. Clock for the last couple months keep moving ahead very fast every time it sleeps. I've checked BIOS and the clock is running 4 secs for every 1 actual second. I changed battery just to be sure. It's still doing it. Overnight...
  9. alarms & clock late notifications

alarms & clock late notifications: Getting notifications an hour late. System clock has correct time! Is this a known issue? I do not want to do a reset unless that is the ONLY cure. I have many alarms and I'd rather not have to put them back in. This app is buggy. I have LOTS of issues with it!...
  10. clock five hours ahead of time

in Windows 10 Support
    clock five hours ahead of time: i try both of those options, the time zone is correct , make sure the clock in bios is correct; but every time i start windows 10, it always shows the clock five hours ahead of time. I always have to go to settings and turn the auto time set button off and on in order to show...