Windows 10: System Clock keeps stopping and I need to sync manually all the time.

Discus and support System Clock keeps stopping and I need to sync manually all the time. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I get the system clock on Win10Home that was just installed on my desktop to stay synched?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MAK&#, Feb 14, 2020.

1. MAK&# Win User

System Clock keeps stopping and I need to sync manually all the time.

How do I get the system clock on Win10Home that was just installed on my desktop to stay synched?

:)

MAK&#, Feb 14, 2020
  2. belltown Win User

Windows 10 Clock Does Not Use The Specified TIme Zone

Thanks for your help, Eeshwar. The Windows Time service was Stopped. It was listed as Manual (Trigger Start). I started it and changed it to Automatic (Trigger Start), then went into the Date and Time Control Panel, then under Internet Time, clicked Update
    Now to re-synchronize the time clock. So far, it's showing the correct time. I'll report back if the time gets out of sync again.

belltown, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Consistent change of clock time

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the time keeps on changing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I also suggest you to sync the time zone with internet time zone and check if it helps.

• Click on date and Time from the action bar.
    • Click on Add clocks for different time zone.
    • Click on Internet Time Tab.
    • Change according to your preference.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 14, 2020
  4. wxrated Win User

Win10 clock wrong, Windows Time service resetting itself to manual

Thanks for the thoughts - especially for pointing towards the BIOS!
    All the computers are recently bought (+- one month, complete IT-overhaul). Time zone is correct. No 3rd party software I can think of, since it seems the clock has been always wrong. No dual boot. Checked the BIOS on Acer Aspire, the clock was wrong, so I set it correctly. Set the time automatically setting is off (& windows keeps resetting windows time service to manual anyway). The sync of clocks when connected to wifi (but I dunno how to adjust that) could mess up the time, but now I also see that the windows clock stops once the computer is switched off. When I restart the clock starts ticking from the time when I switched off the computer. When I go into BIOS, the BIOS clock is, of course, also wrong and hasnt moved while the computer was switched off. So, on Acer Aspire, once I switch off the computer, the BIOS clock stops ticking. Interesting. I'm not savvy enough to determine what causes that but maybe it indicates smth to you?

wxrated, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

1. System Clock keeps stopping and I need to sync manually all the time. - Similar Threads - System Clock keeps

2. win 11 cant sync time clock to world clock. it keeps telling me "sync failed" please check...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 cant sync time clock to world clock. it keeps telling me "sync failed" please check...: win 11 cant sync time clock to world clock. it keeps telling me "sync failed" please check network connectivity. I have had someone check this problem but they cant fix it...
  3. win 11 cant sync time clock to world clock. it keeps telling me "sync failed" please check...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 11 cant sync time clock to world clock. it keeps telling me "sync failed" please check...: win 11 cant sync time clock to world clock. it keeps telling me "sync failed" please check network connectivity. I have had someone check this problem but they cant fix it...
  4. Clock App Not Syncing with System Clock

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Clock App Not Syncing with System Clock: Alarm in Clock App is not synchronizing with system clock. Set alarm for 3:00 pm for Saturday on Saturday morning and alarm will sound 1 day late On Sunday. System clock is correctly set with appropriate date and time zone. System is Win 10 Pro, 21H2 Build 19044.1889, Feature...
  5. Clock App Not Syncing with System Clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clock App Not Syncing with System Clock: Alarm in Clock App is not synchronizing with system clock. Set alarm for 3:00 pm for Saturday on Saturday morning and alarm will sound 1 day late On Sunday. System clock is correctly set with appropriate date and time zone. System is Win 10 Pro, 21H2 Build 19044.1889, Feature...
  6. Clock App Not Syncing with System Clock

7. I have to manually sync time and date every time my I boot up my system.

I have to manually sync time and date every time my I boot up my system.: Hi Community,My time and date gets incorrect every time I boot up my system, and I'll have to manually update it using "sync now" button. I have turned on "set time zone automatically" option and also the "set time automatically" option. Is there any workaround for this...
  8. Keeping clock synced more frequently

in Windows 10 Support
    Keeping clock synced more frequently: I run Windows 10 using Parallels on my Mac. But when I log in, the time is out of sync. After leaving Windows open for about an hour, the time syncs correctly. But this is too slow. Are there any free apps that can sync the time more frequently? 178049
  9. Keep having to sync windows time manually

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep having to sync windows time manually: I'm running windows 10 pro, whenever I boot my computer the time is one hour behind, its currently 19:25 united kingdom but it says 18:25, I can fix this by clicking "sync now" in the time settings. However, the sync resets to an hour behind on the next boot, is there any way...
  10. system clock time

in Windows 10 Customization
    system clock time: is it possible in windows 10 to set the clock to synchronize with the internet time more frequently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/system-clock-time/b40fa7a4-0622-48b7-b528-57ecc7332610