Windows 10: System clock resets itself to 1 hour slow

Discus and support System clock resets itself to 1 hour slow in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; System clock problem windows 10 System clock resets itself to 1 hour slow Tried synchronise but it gives error. Also with sync off. Also tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NostrelSalad, Sep 19, 2018.

1. System clock resets itself to 1 hour slow

System clock problem windows 10

System clock resets itself to 1 hour slow

Tried synchronise but it gives error. Also with sync off. Also tried time.nist.gov got same error

Can you sync with the UK national physical labs(NPL) they set time locally

Tried using a different time zone but the computer sets the clock to 2 hr slow.

Bios is correct.

How do you set the time manually or get a correct automatic time? Thanks.

:)

NostrelSalad, Sep 19, 2018

2. Clock Running Slow ~ System Tray Clock running slow !

Hi <

In the last two days the System Tray Clock on my Dell PC has been running slow , it seems to be running progressively slow , that is the longer it is running the greater the inaccuracy , resetting the clock manually or automatically does just that , but
    it soon becomes apparent the speed of the clock is not accurate. As a guide in the last ten minutes the PC Clock has advanced three minutes.

The PC is running Windows 10 .

Just checked ...when I send an email it is correctly timed (that is NOT using the time displayed on system tray clock)

Any help correcting this would be welcome!

System clock resets itself to 1 hour slow :)

ChrisPascoe, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Clock Running Slow ~ System Tray Clock running slow !

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way.

I understands that your System tray clock on the Dell PC has been running slow,
    this issue occurs if the system file is corrupted or damaged.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• Have you made any changes to the system prior to the issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates?

• Did you experience this issue on a local account or a Microsoft account?

• Have you replaced the CMOS battery in your computer?

If the computer is 3 or more years old it’s time to replace the battery on the motherboard.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the pc and login to the Admin account or the Microsoft account to test if that helps with this issue.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1: Clean boot

I suggest you to do a clean boot and check if any third party apps are causing the issue.
    Placing the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue.

Please refer to the article below for steps to perform a clean boot.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Disclaimer:Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot "to reset computer as usual.

Method 2:SFC

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Please refer the link below to run a system file checker scan and check if that helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...em-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

Method 3: Run DISM or System Update Readiness tool

Let’s run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool and check if it fixes the issue. This tool will try to fix the corrupt operating system files.

1. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, Right click on Start and select Command Prompt (Admin). If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

2. Type the following commands. Press Enter after each command.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

3. Close the command prompt then check if it fixes the issue.

Hope this helps. If the issue persists please get back to us we will be happy to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 20, 2018
  4. System clock resets itself to 1 hour slow

Clock Running Slow ~ System Tray Clock running slow !

Hi Anju,

Thank you so much for engaging on this problem, in answer to your questions:-

• Have you made any changes to the system prior to the issue? A: The only change I am aware of was adding the 'Pinterest' app .

• Have you installed all pending updates? A: All updates have been added .

• Did you experience this issue on a local account or a Microsoft account? A: I do not understand this question, but my guess is a Microsoft Account as I am not aware of a Local Account

• Have you replaced the CMOS battery in your computer? A: No, the computer is less than 2 years old.
    I am not sure how to implement this advice ; "I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the pc and login to the Admin account or the Microsoft account to test if that helps with
    this issue."

I have conducted the System File Check procedure , no issues were discovered.

I will look at trying the other advised procedures.

When I started the PC today , the clock immediately displayed the correct (local) time , but it was running slow immediately, so in twenty minutes the clock was 15 minutes behind time.

I have noticed that some other display issues seem slow , for example, drop down menus are slower to 'open/drop down' and when using the backspace key to delete text , it is slower at switching from one press /one backspace to continuous backspace when the
    key is held down, if that makes sense!

The Task manager processes screen (to the inexpert) does not seem to show any slow processing / heavy demand. I have done Disk Clean -Up and checked for defragmentation (not required).

Thanks for your help on this!

Chris

ChrisPascoe, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

System clock resets itself to 1 hour slow

1. System clock resets itself to 1 hour slow - Similar Threads - System clock resets

2. Change 24 hour clock to 12 hour, French operating system

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change 24 hour clock to 12 hour, French operating system: I have just set up a laptop that is in French, but the clock is in a 24 hour format but will not set to 12 hours. This is a school setting so was looking for a way in the Registry to do this for all users that will be using these laptops....
  3. Change 24 hour clock to 12 hour, French operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change 24 hour clock to 12 hour, French operating system: I have just set up a laptop that is in French, but the clock is in a 24 hour format but will not set to 12 hours. This is a school setting so was looking for a way in the Registry to do this for all users that will be using these laptops....
  4. Change 24 hour clock to 12 hour, French operating system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System Clock Running Slow

System Clock Running Slow: My system clock consistently runs slow. Using a stopwatch, I've timed that 60 seconds on my system clock takes 74 seconds in real time. I've validated this using a standalone stopwatch, and the stopwatch app on my phone and can upload video to clearly demonstrate it.I've...
  6. Windows 10 Lock screen time is 1 hour off (behind) system clock

Windows 10 Lock screen time is 1 hour off (behind) system clock: DonatL asked this question but it was locked without a sufficient answer he asked: "A week ago I carried out a Windows 10 fresh installed and specified the wrong time offset/zone. I corrected it while logged as an administrator with Set date and time. The clock is auto...
  7. Clock is off by 1 hour???

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock is off by 1 hour???: Hi My wife noticed today when I was logging in that my clock on my log in page was shout 2:15PM when in fact it was 1:15PM. I merely thought that when I returned form Japan recently that I must have accidentally selected the wrong time zone but when I checked the time zone...
  8. Why is my system clock behind by an hour?

Why is my system clock behind by an hour?: I've checked settings and the time zone was already set correctly (Pacific) but for some reason the clock is still behind by an hour. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-system-clock-behind-by-an-hour/d6377687-fc09-4e1c-bc4e-ecf5c9316c84
  9. My comper clock is 1 hour off. Why?

in Windows 10 Support
    My comper clock is 1 hour off. Why?: I just noticed that the clock in my computer is 1 hour fast. I checked the settings and they all appear correct. The time zone is right, it is set to adjust automatically for daylight savings time, and set time automatically is turned on. Any ideas? HELP PLEASE. Thanks......
  10. Factory Reset stuck at 1% for hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset stuck at 1% for hours: Hi so I recently just wanted to completely factory reset my PC after upgrading to windows 10 (of course keeping win 10 after reset) and even hours after the reset beginning its still frozen at 1%. Anyone got any ideas what to do? 11989