Windows 10: System Configuration: Maximum memory not allowing any more then 48GB.

Discus and support System Configuration: Maximum memory not allowing any more then 48GB. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to allow more memory to be used in System Configuration. I currently have 4 sticks of ram totaling up to 64gb. In the about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WinterKline, May 3, 2020.

1. System Configuration: Maximum memory not allowing any more then 48GB.

Hello,

I am trying to allow more memory to be used in System Configuration. I currently have 4 sticks of ram totaling up to 64gb. In the about section, I am only seeing 48gb being used. So I go into System Configuration and try to up that and it keeps defaulting back to 48 or 0 GB of memory. I ran it as an administrator and I even checked the permissions in properties to make sure I could change it. Still, it defaults.

I don't know if it helps but I'll put it here anyway. I do have XMP enabled and my BIOS also says I only have 48 GB of memory. I'm not sure if that is Windows limiting it or if it's a hardware issue.

Thanks!

:)

WinterKline, May 3, 2020

2. Slow/Unresponsive system after being locked for several hours, sometimes with low memory warnings

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

There could be two possibilities with this issue.

1. May be the maximum memory is not enabled in the BIOS.

2. Maximum memory might not be configured in Advanced options in the
    system configuration settings.

I suggest you to check with your manufacturer, about how to enable the maximum memory from the BIOS.

To enable the Maximum memory from the system configuration settings.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig and click on OK.
    • In the System Configuration window, click Advanced options on the
      Boot tab.
    • Click to clear the Maximum memory check box, and then click
      OK
    • Restart the computer.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Free up drive space in Windows 10
    and check if the issue persists.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/free-up-drive-space

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 3, 2020
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, May 3, 2020
  4. System Configuration: Maximum memory not allowing any more then 48GB.

System Reserved Memory issue

Hi Rowan,

The reduction in available system memory depends on the configuration of the following:

• The devices that are installed in the computer and the memory that is reserved by those devices
    • The ability of the motherboard to handle memory
    • The system BIOS version and settings
    • The version of Windows 10 that is installed
    • Other system settings

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest that you check your system for memory problems.

Here's how:

• Type mdsched.exe in the search bar and select the best match.
    • When prompted by the User Account Control, enter an admin user name and password, and click
      Yes.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run it.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, May 3, 2020
Thema:

System Configuration: Maximum memory not allowing any more then 48GB.

1. System Configuration: Maximum memory not allowing any more then 48GB. - Similar Threads - System Configuration Maximum

2. Is it possible to allocate/allow Windows Subsystem for Android to use more than 4GB Maximum...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to allocate/allow Windows Subsystem for Android to use more than 4GB Maximum...: My system has 32GB of memory and the app I use crashes after 4GB has been used causing me to manually kill the process tree in Task Manager, if I could increase the maximum to 8GB or even 16GB I would still have enough headroom to use the rest of my PC....
  3. Critical error after allowing maximum memory use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical error after allowing maximum memory use: After I enabled the maximum memory option in the boot tab of the system configuration window and restarted my computer I got a critical error blue screen. I was able to get into winRE and used the answer that’s on this to help but after I closed command prompt my computer got...
  4. Critical error after allowing maximum memory use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical error after allowing maximum memory use: After I enabled the maximum memory option in the boot tab of the system configuration window and restarted my computer I got a critical error blue screen. I was able to get into winRE and used the answer that’s on this to help but after I closed command prompt my computer got...
  5. Critical error after allowing maximum memory use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Msconfig maximum memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Msconfig maximum memory: Hello when i checked the maximum performance and restarted my pc it doesn't work anymore i did this because of the unused memory thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msconfig-maximum-memory/0f06bdb0-e8ae-47a1-a2da-634cd360dbdd
  7. Maximum Memory Set to 0

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maximum Memory Set to 0: Hello, I did a thing and checked my Maximum Memory usage trying to set my memory to 16gb but it incorrectly set to 0. This is causing my windows to blue screen and it will not boot my RAM I guess? I'm looking to use a command in the command prompt to reset this? Any...
  8. Maximum Memory Set to 0

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maximum Memory Set to 0: Hello, I did a thing and checked my Maximum Memory usage trying to set my memory to 16gb but it incorrectly set to 0. This is causing my windows to blue screen and it will not boot my RAM I guess? I'm looking to use a command in the command prompt to reset this? Any...
  9. Maximum memory problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Maximum memory problem: My friend and I were trying to increase the number of processors on our laptops from 1 to 8, but in the process I accidentally set my maximum memory to 0. Can this be fixed at all or not? submitted by /u/yelam27 [link] [comments]...
  10. maximum memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    maximum memory: Why won't maximum memory save settings in boot advanced options. I tried with it checked and without. I clicked on "make all boot settings permanent. Apply and hit ok, when I go back into it nothing was saved or changed. Please help...