Windows 10: "System" CONSTANT High Disk Usage after Update

Discus and support "System" CONSTANT High Disk Usage after Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; PLEASE READ IT ALL BECAUSE I HAVE TRIED MANY THINGS TO FIX THIS i3 4150 / 8GB Ram DDR3 / GTX 750 Ti / HDD I have had this PC running Windows 10 for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DAMNmicrosoft123, May 16, 2020.

1. "System" CONSTANT High Disk Usage after Update

PLEASE READ IT ALL BECAUSE I HAVE TRIED MANY THINGS TO FIX THIS

i3 4150 / 8GB Ram DDR3 / GTX 750 Ti / HDD

I have had this PC running Windows 10 for the past 3 years.

Just yesterday windows FORCED me to update, I did not have an option to opt out at all.

I even tried using Task Scheduler to stop it that was INSTRUCTED BY MICROSOFT as a way to stop the update, that didn't work.`

Either way, fine. It updated...

The Problem:

Now suddenly "System" in task manager is constantly replicating the amount of disk usage that other apps are using.

For example: If a game is using 5mb disk, System will use the exact same amount.

If the game reduces to 4, system goes to 4.

If my game goes to 50, system goes to 50.

THIS NEVER USED TO HAPPEN BEFORE

In result doubling my disk usage. My games and apps are lagging now and freezes because of this.

I have tried EVERYTHING the internet has provided to stop "System" from using the Disk for thepast 6 hours and nothing works.

What I have Tried:

Keep in mind I restarted my PC after every step to see if the change took effect

- I tried rolling back the update twice, it just reinstalled it again

- I turned off Windows Search, Windows Update, Prefetch, Superfetch and etc, still the same usage I even turned them back on

- I Defragmented my PC using the Windows tool and even tried iObit Smart Defrag

- I checked for errors in C Drive>properties>Tools>Error Checking It's clean and working

- I disabled Windows updates in at least 6 DIFFERENT WAYS. Didn't work.

Several other things that I seriously cannot be bothered to explain because so far this System is Hogging my PC So much.

I...WANT...TO...USE...MY...PC

Here is a video of it:

https://gyazo.com/0e89ee88241e4c6d700261843d51994c

Here is a picture:

"System" CONSTANT High Disk Usage after Update 3eddb2d3-e9ae-4836-b9a6-3777adb94d9f?upload=true.png

:)

DAMNmicrosoft123, May 16, 2020

2. System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 16, 2020
  3. System and Compressed Memory High Disk Usage

Hi Yousef,

As you are facing issues with high system memory usage on your PC, we will help you with this issue.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with CPU usage by the processes on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

These issues might occur due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 16, 2020
  4. AUTiger1 Win User

"System" CONSTANT High Disk Usage after Update

High Disk Usage

Hi all, I'm struggling with finding things to fix my high disk usage. I've spent many months searching the internet and doing all the listed suggestions like disabling SuperFetch, Windows Defender, Updating drivers, ect. and still I'm stuck with a high disk usage. Here's a screen shot I took immediately following a restart and opening up to a new Firefox window.

"System" CONSTANT High Disk Usage after Update [​IMG]

I have noticed Service Host: Local System takes up quite a bit of disk usage and that if I close it and let it open back up all by itself then it immediately makes my disk usage drop into a much more manageable 40-60% usage range. But eventually after a while it maxes out again and I have to close it out again. It's an annoying step just to be able to use my computer.

Also, I have noticed that after working with my mom's computer today, that her disk usage when no programs are running is only like 5%. Makes me wonder why my computer can have no programs running but my disk usage never drops below 30% and sits in the 40-60% range with spikes up over 75%.

I honestly don't know enough about computers to do much more than I already have without causing major issues. BTW, just a couple weeks ago I had to do a Windows reinstall, not a complete reinstall, just the basic reinstall they allow you to do on Windows 10 where you still keep all your personal files. Ever since that a lot of times when I try to open a process like Run or Task Manager I'll get an error message that it can't open and then I do it again and it will open the second time.

Here's a screenshot of my computer information so you can see what I'm working with here.

"System" CONSTANT High Disk Usage after Update [​IMG]

AUTiger1, May 16, 2020
Thema:

"System" CONSTANT High Disk Usage after Update

1. "System" CONSTANT High Disk Usage after Update - Similar Threads - System CONSTANT High

2. High disk usage due to "System" process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High disk usage due to "System" process: Hey community,I am YeasirI have been facing this issue more than 1 week. I tried a lot of ways to solve this problem but no luck. My computer significantly slowed down. Even it lags when I watch YouTube videos. I noticed when I do any activity like watching videos, the disk...
  3. High disk usage cause of system process

High disk usage cause of system process: I am having problem with 100% disk usage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-disk-usage-cause-of-system-process/8f559f1a-634a-469f-9898-96ecaad3065c
  4. High "system" process disk usage

High "system" process disk usage: I am having this issue from yesterday. My computer suddenly slow down. I went to task manager and saw system process at top of task manager window. I tried lot of stuff and did not work. I updated windows some days ago. I need help ASAP cause I use this computer for class....
  5. System causing high disk usage

System causing high disk usage: I tried everything regarding this issue!!! It still causes high disk usage. It is mentionable that keeping the screen idle for some time reduces the disk usage for the "system" but keeping idle every time is not possible as I have work to do. Please give me solutions other...
  6. System causing high disk usage

System causing high disk usage: I don't want to describe anything!! See the screenshot and give me a fix. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-causing-high-disk-usage/af41e44e-be3d-49d9-85d0-816bd7639b41
  7. "System" CONSTANT High Disk Usage after Update Repost

"System" CONSTANT High Disk Usage after Update Repost: PLEASE READ IT ALL BECAUSE I HAVE TRIED MANY THINGS TO FIX THIS i3 4150 / 8GB Ram DDR3 / GTX 750 Ti / HDD I have had this PC running Windows 10 for the past 3 years. Just yesterday windows FORCED me to update, I did not have an option to opt out at all. I even tried...
  8. High disk usage after Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    High disk usage after Updates: Split from this thread. OK Greg, I get what you are saying. But surely, it is Micrsoft's responsibility to supply a solid Windows 10 update that will work properly and not kill my system by overactive disk usage?...
  9. High disk usage - System - ntoskrnl.exe

High disk usage - System - ntoskrnl.exe: Recently I've noticed in task manager that System(ntoskrnl.exe) has been using a ton of my disk. I've been able to recreate this by leaving my PC alone for a few minutes, but that's the only time I can consistently get it to happen. It usually happens at random times and...
  10. System and compressed memory high disk usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System and compressed memory high disk usage: Hi everyone. I am currently having issues trying to diagnose the system and compressed memory bug that causes slow disk operations. I am running a computer that I have built myself. i5 6600k, 16 GB of RAM, 2 SSD and 1 HDD. The slow operations only happen on the HDD. I can...