Windows 10: System consumes a lot of data on windows 10pro

Discus and support System consumes a lot of data on windows 10pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just bought a new laptop and upgraded it to windows 10pro. But the data it consumes is a lot in such a small amount of time. I stopped all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ReaganMugume, Oct 15, 2018.

1. System consumes a lot of data on windows 10pro

I just bought a new laptop and upgraded it to windows 10pro. But the data it consumes is a lot in such a small amount of time. I stopped all the background apps and even set my network as metered but the consumption won't stop. In data usage, it shows that the most data is used by system. How can I stop this?? A friend of mine uses windows 10 too but the data consumption rate is not as much as that of mine.System consumes a lot of data on windows 10pro [​IMG]

:)

ReaganMugume, Oct 15, 2018

2. Metred connection, still consuming a lot of data

Hi All,

My laptop is a new DELL laptop, preinstalled with Windows10. Every time I connect my laptop to my mobile internet connection through the mobile hotspot, the laptop is consuming a lot of internet data. I set the connection as metered, still it is consuming
    a lot of data. This needs to be stopped at the earliest.

Below are the actions taken so far as per my own understanding:

• Connection is already set as metered.
    • I have stopped the Windows Update service, before I start my data connection. Instead, I am manually checking and installing updates.
    Can someone please advise ASAP?

RatnakharMeka, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 15, 2018
  4. System consumes a lot of data on windows 10pro

Metred connection, still consuming a lot of data

Hi Team,

Does Windows differentiates the updates as automatically-installed vs manually installed? I am not sure of how to check whether the updates are done automatically. Can you please advise?

As I mentioned earlier, I manually disable the 'Windows Update' service and then I start the internet connection through my mobile phone data. I always keep this connection as metered. I enable the service manually and then manually check for updates, only
    if I get a WIFI network.

That was the remedy I am following, but still the laptop is consuming a lot of data. Previously, I used Windows 8.1 on my old laptop and that never consumed such huge amounts of data.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Ratnakhar Meka

RatnakharMeka, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

System consumes a lot of data on windows 10pro

1. System consumes a lot of data on windows 10pro - Similar Threads - System consumes lot

2. MsMpEng.exe consumes a lot of resources

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MsMpEng.exe consumes a lot of resources: Hi guys ive had it with this defender MpMsENG.exe . its a very frustrating exe to deal with . Ive done several things with it , as per this group suggestions , and the solutions are all temporary at best as inevitably thus stupid file returns and starts messing the CPU usage...
  3. System consumes data on windows10 home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System consumes data on windows10 home: System consumes high amount of data in windows 10 home version even after disabling windows automatic update feature tried limiting data plan that too doesn't avoiding spike of data. Pls help!...
  4. System consume a lot of data on windows 10

System consume a lot of data on windows 10: Give me some solution how to save my data when I connect my mobile wifi with laptop then my laptop system consume too much data. I lost 6 GB data in an hour, I don't know how to prevent this so please me provide that problem solution....
  5. System app consumes much data

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System app consumes much data: System app in Microsoft windows 10 is consuming much data. To be precise, it consumes 4 to 5 GB data in a day at least once in a week. All windows update is turnned off for certain days, but still it consumes 4 to 5 GB data on a single day [IMG]...
  6. service host is consuming a lot of data.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    service host is consuming a lot of data.: Service host is consuming a lot of data while updating windows and otherwise also. is service host is necessary for updating the windows or we can end it without any problem?...
  7. System consume more data

System consume more data: Every time I check the built in data usage information under PC settings, I find 3-4 gbs of data usage for "system". I'm running windows 10 home edition, connected by mobile hotspot and have disabled all background apps and data collection. I have also disabled the window...
  8. SYSTEM is consuming huge amount of data on internet

SYSTEM is consuming huge amount of data on internet: Good Afternoon! Recently, I bought a second hand laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed to it. Here are some details regarding my OS: Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise Version: 1703 OS Build: 15063.11 System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor I noticed however,...
  9. ICloudPhoto.exe consuming a lot of data

ICloudPhoto.exe consuming a lot of data: Hello, I have found threads about iclouphoto.exe consuming a lot of data because it is syncing to a server (in my case 120GB in a day)but I haven't found a permanent solution to the problem. Can anyone help? Thanks...
  10. "system" using lots of data

"system" using lots of data: Hi, I live in a rural area and was using mobile data for internet however recently got nbn satellite installed. Satellite internet provides you with a peak and off peak data allowance and the provider I am using had info on how you can use your off-peak data (between 1am &...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does windows defender consumes data?

2. system consumes lot of data windows 10

3. windows 10 consumes lots of data