Windows 10: System consumes huge amount of data shows in data usage overview

Discus and support System consumes huge amount of data shows in data usage overview in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For past 5 days the system consumes huge amount of data while connected through mobile hotspot. And I have done all the settings ,stop auto updates in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RohitKumar123, Jun 15, 2021.

1. System consumes huge amount of data shows in data usage overview

For past 5 days the system consumes huge amount of data while connected through mobile hotspot. And I have done all the settings ,stop auto updates in play store. I have done everything thing but it doesn't stop consuming data.

:)

RohitKumar123, Jun 15, 2021
  2. C.S.Deva Win User

Rogue data usage

My data usage overview shows that "system" uses a huge amount of data. There are no updates running, all set in metered connection, there is no change in storage space????? What under system is consuming all this data, where is this data going, how is it
    even running in the background after I turned off background apps and services?

ALL THIS PROBLEM AND MICROSOFT DOSENT HAVE ANSWERS. IT CONSUMED OVER 20GB OF DATA THIS PAST MONTH.

C.S.Deva, Jun 15, 2021
  3. SYSTEM is consuming huge amount of data on internet

Good Afternoon!

Recently, I bought a second hand laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed to it. Here are some details regarding my OS:

Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise
    Version: 1703
    OS Build: 15063.11
    System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I noticed however, that the laptop is consuming huge amount of bandwidth and data on our internet (Ethernet indicator blinks rapidly). Then I tried checking the data usage:

System consumes huge amount of data shows in data usage overview [​IMG]

However, after a minute or two, I tried checking again the data usage (I closed the setting and re-opened it again)

Please note that I'm not running any application as of now (except Microsoft Edge). Then I tried turning off the internet connection (by enabling airplane mode). Then I checked for the data usage again. The "SYSTEM" already consumed 2 MB of data even if on airplane mode.

I tried checking if there are updates available:

I also tried checking for application updates from Microsoft Store. I paused all the download and updates:

I disabled background apps but still the "SYSTEM" consumes considerably large amount of bandwidth and data:

My friend does have a laptop with Windows 10 version 1803. Her laptop doesn't eat bandwidth like mine.

So my question is:
    1. What is the "SYSTEM" process that eats my internet bandwidth and data?
    2. How do you stop it from consuming my internet bandwidth?

BryanJames16, Jun 15, 2021
  4. System consumes huge amount of data shows in data usage overview

data usage overview

How can I view the data usage overview from the internet?

WilliamWoodSr., Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

System consumes huge amount of data shows in data usage overview

1. System consumes huge amount of data shows in data usage overview - Similar Threads - System consumes huge

2. Data Usage Overview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Usage Overview: The Data Usage page for my wireless internet details that I have used 77.98 GB over the past nine days. However, in the programs listed below, the highest use was 2 MB, and all other programs were under 1 MB.How can I find what program is using GBs of data?...
  3. Data Usage Overview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data Usage Overview: The Data Usage page for my wireless internet details that I have used 77.98 GB over the past nine days. However, in the programs listed below, the highest use was 2 MB, and all other programs were under 1 MB.How can I find what program is using GBs of data?...
  4. Data Usage Overview

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Data Usage Overview is blank

Data Usage Overview is blank: SenaiEmbaye if your still facing this problem maybe you not turn off your data usage service. Because it will turn off your data usage limit, restrict background data, and metered networks. Keep it on or your data consumption will get higher.More in this video:...
  6. Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data: Service Host: Network service is hogging all of my bandwidth. I have tried every suggestion I could find on google, to no avail. All of my updates are off and bandwidth limited. Windows 10 is up to dateConnection set to metered.Background Intelligent Transfer is...
  7. Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data

Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data: Service Host: Network service is hogging all of my bandwidth. I have tried every suggestion I could find on google, to no avail. All of my updates are off and bandwidth limited. Windows 10 is up to dateConnection set to metered.Background Intelligent Transfer is...
  8. Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data

9. SYSTEM is consuming huge amount of data on internet

SYSTEM is consuming huge amount of data on internet: Good Afternoon! Recently, I bought a second hand laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed to it. Here are some details regarding my OS: Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise Version: 1703 OS Build: 15063.11 System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor I noticed however,...
  10. my data usage overview is not showing

my data usage overview is not showing: i can't seem to see how much data I have been using https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/my-data-usage-overview-is-not-showing/9ad6d14a-d65b-462b-b22c-6e4113e347f8