Windows 10: System Control Panel applet redirects to Settings app in latest Windows 10 build

Discus and support System Control Panel applet redirects to Settings app in latest Windows 10 build in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released a new Insider build to the Fast Ring last week that introduced the redesigned Start Menu to testers. Another change highlighted in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jul 6, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

System Control Panel applet redirects to Settings app in latest Windows 10 build

Microsoft released a new Insider build to the Fast Ring last week that introduced the redesigned Start Menu to testers. Another change highlighted in the official Windows Experience blog post describes how Microsoft plans to make the Settings application "even better".

The company introduced the Settings application in Windows 8 initially to modernize the classic Control Panel. Microsoft kept the Settings app in Windows 10 and extended it further since the release of Windows 10 in 2015.

Microsoft moved the functionality that some Control Panel applets provided to the Settings application. The Control Panel is still an integral part of Windows 10 even though it has become more difficult to access it in recent time. There are still plenty of options though, my preferred method is to use the shortcut Windows-Pause, but you may also type Control Panel in Start to get the option to open it from there, or run the Control Panel applets directly.

System Control Panel applet redirects to Settings app in latest Windows 10 build Settings-about-control-panel.png

Microsoft notes in the blog post that it is continuing its work to bring Control Panel capabilities to the Settings application. In this particular build, Microsoft redirects the System Control Panel applet to Settings > System > About. Links that opened the System applet in the past do now open the About page of the Settings application.

Links that would open the System page in Control Panel will now direct you to About in Settings. We are also bringing new improvements like making your device information copyable and streamlining the security information shown. And don’t worry—if you’re looking for more advanced controls that lived in the System page in Control Panel, you can still get to them from the modern About page if you need them!

The Settings application displays core system information just like the Control Panel System applet does. It reveals information about the installed processor and RAM, the architecture, and support for pen and touch.

Information about computer names, domain and workgroup settings appears to be missing on the Settings page on the other hand (apart from device name).

Another difference is that the System Control Panel applet linked to the Device Manager, Remote Settings, System Protection and Advanced System Settings while the Settings application does not.

Closing Words

Maintaining two different configuration programs is certainly quite confusing, and it does not help that Microsoft is migrating some options to the Settings application with every other Windows 10 feature update. I don't mind the migration if all information and options remain available in the Settings app.

If Microsoft keeps up the pace, it will take another ten or so years before the Control Panel is put to rest for good. The company asked for feedback from users who use the Control Panel for specific operations that the Settings application does not support.

Now You: Do you prefer the Settings app or the Control Panel? (via Windows Latest)

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post System Control Panel applet redirects to Settings app in latest Windows 10 build appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jul 6, 2020
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Access Classic Display Settings Control Panel in Build 14316

I disconnected my third monitor via Control Panel (second display on the Surface Dock, labeled "3" on the display settings panel). In the Advanced Display Settings control panel which now uses the new Control Panel style when I click the "3" monitor it reverts
    back to "1". I was hoping to try the classic control panel view, but access to it through control.exe seems to redirect to the new style.

Is there any other way to bring up the classic Control Panel applets that doesn't redirect to the new control panel?

ColinBowern, Jul 6, 2020
  4. System Control Panel applet redirects to Settings app in latest Windows 10 build

windows update applet on control panel

I have upgraded my win 7 to win 10.

Now when i checked my control panel, the windows update applet is missing.

Tried this one, but dint work

Windows Update applet in Control Panel

Let me know how to fix it

Jarvis.Vision, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

System Control Panel applet redirects to Settings app in latest Windows 10 build

1. System Control Panel applet redirects to Settings app in latest Windows 10 build - Similar Threads - System Control Panel

2. disable control panel from redirecting to settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    disable control panel from redirecting to settings: is there any way to stop control panel from redirecting me to the settings app? submitted by /u/Tracenji [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l23wch/disable_control_panel_from_redirecting_to_settings/
  3. No language applet in control panel windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    No language applet in control panel windows 10: I have no language applet in my control panel in windows 10 system. How can i create it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-language-applet-in-control-panel-windows-10/aca2d34a-52eb-4111-9bc2-e37390774da4
  4. Where did they move the Control Panel System applet in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    Where did they move the Control Panel System applet in Windows 10?: [ATTACH]Most Windows 10 users must be aware that Microsoft intends to move settings from […] This article Where did they move the Control Panel System applet in Windows 10? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Windows 10 update to kill off Control Panel’s System applet

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update to kill off Control Panel’s System applet: It’s been over eight years since Microsoft first released the Settings interface with Windows 8 and Windows 10 still includes the traditional Control Panel. When Windows 10 was announced, Microsoft said it plans to include the Control Panel until the Settings app is developed...
  6. Control Panel Applets (Category View)

Control Panel Applets (Category View): Hello All, I was just wondering if anyone knows where or how I can get hold of the CLSID (GUIDs) for the Control Panel Applets in Category View in the image below: [img] Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you. Regards, Andrew 139570
  7. Control Panel Applets' CLSID

Control Panel Applets' CLSID: Hi Guys, Does anyone know what the CLSIDs / GUIDs for the following applets in Control Panel: [img] [img] Mail Flash Player (32-bit) In addition, I would be extremely appreciative if you can advise how I can go about looking up an applet's GUID. Thank you, 129455
  8. The Mail Applet in Control Panel

The Mail Applet in Control Panel: Hello Guys, Quick one: Any idea what the CLSID for the Mail applet in Control Panel is? [ATTACH] In case it is relevant, I am on Windows 10 Pro Version 1803. Hope to hear from you soon. Regards, YanAndrew...
  9. Problems with customising Control Panel applet icons

Problems with customising Control Panel applet icons: Hello Guys, I am having some problems with the following: 1. I'm unable to change the Mail applet icon in the control panel even after I've pointed its registry key to the desired icon. It just wouldn't change. 2. I'm unable to find the Flash Player (32-bit) GUID....
  10. Mail applet in Control Panel will not open

in Browsers and Email
    Mail applet in Control Panel will not open: I have Outlook 2016 installed. When I try to open the mail applet in Control Panel nothing happens. I have reinstalled Office twice and this is a fresh Win 10 install. Any ideas how to solve this please? 92064

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system applet windows 10