Windows 10: System corrupted / Files Folders deleted or moved after latest WINDOWS update

Discus and support System corrupted / Files Folders deleted or moved after latest WINDOWS update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows just forced the latest download onto my laptop and installed it without my approval. Now HUNDREDS of FILES & FOLDERS are either MOVED or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NathanGornet, Nov 17, 2021.

1. System corrupted / Files Folders deleted or moved after latest WINDOWS update

Windows just forced the latest download onto my laptop and installed it without my approval. Now HUNDREDS of FILES & FOLDERS are either MOVED or DELETED from my system causing multiple applications to be reconfigured / corrupt and no longer operational. I tried to RESTORE to a previous state but nothing is rectified & same issue persists. I just lost countless hours of work for multiple clients.Does anyone have any answers or solutions.I've heard many others running into major issues as well. When I deploy something I normally test it first, I guess that was not done here again.

:)

NathanGornet, Nov 17, 2021
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink System corrupted / Files Folders deleted or moved after latest WINDOWS update ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Nov 17, 2021
  3. Jstn7477 Win User
    Windows folder corruption proliferation?

I upgraded my laptop to Windows 8.1 Pro Preview a while ago, and everything seemed fine at first. I haven't used the laptop much since then (it has been running nearly 24/7 though), but now I'm having some problems with folder corruption/writing. Windows updates no longer install because the SoftwareDistribution folder is corrupt, Steam no longer runs as of today because the Steam Application directory is not writable (I've been having issues with Steam constantly asking to update even after updating), BOINC no longer works as of today, Chrome doesn't remember anything (asks me to sign in every time and Adblock keeps asking me to configure it), and I can't set msconfig to boot the PC in safe boot to delete the SoftwareDistribution folder because it "cannot save the original boot configuration for later restoration, boot changes will be reverted. The system cannot find the file specified."

Is there any hope for not having to reformat this piece of junk? Disk Check comes up empty and HDTune (has been in installed for a few months) says the disk is perfectly fine. :shadedshu

Jstn7477, Nov 17, 2021
  4. System corrupted / Files Folders deleted or moved after latest WINDOWS update

Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Nov 17, 2021
Thema:

System corrupted / Files Folders deleted or moved after latest WINDOWS update

1. System corrupted / Files Folders deleted or moved after latest WINDOWS update - Similar Threads - System corrupted Files

2. Corrupted Windows system files after latest cumulative update 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Windows system files after latest cumulative update 22H2: After the last cumulative update for Windows 11 22H2 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22641.1000.0, I have experienced a number of issues that point to corrupted system files. The first thing that happened was I received the error 0x8007042b after starting Microsoft...
  3. Corrupted Windows system files after latest cumulative update 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted Windows system files after latest cumulative update 22H2: After the last cumulative update for Windows 11 22H2 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22641.1000.0, I have experienced a number of issues that point to corrupted system files. The first thing that happened was I received the error 0x8007042b after starting Microsoft...
  4. Windows Update and system files corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update and system files corrupted: Windows 10 on a HP Laptop 15-da0xxx Windows Update crashed - it has not worked since. System files were corrupted and hardly anything works.Troubleshooter gets me to restart but nothing changes.There is a large number of updates. Most download and have status of 'pending...
  5. System corrupted / Files Folders deleted or moved after latest WINDOWS update

System corrupted / Files Folders deleted or moved after latest WINDOWS update: Windows just forced the latest download onto my laptop and installed it without my approval. Now HUNDREDS of FILES & FOLDERS are either MOVED or DELETED from my system causing multiple applications to be reconfigured / corrupt and no longer operational. I tried to RESTORE to...
  6. System corrupted / Files Folders deleted or moved after latest WINDOWS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System corrupted / Files Folders deleted or moved after latest WINDOWS update: Windows just forced the latest download onto my laptop and installed it without my approval. Now HUNDREDS of FILES & FOLDERS are either MOVED or DELETED from my system causing multiple applications to be reconfigured / corrupt and no longer operational. I tried to RESTORE to...
  7. Latest Windows 10 Update deleted files and corrupted computer

Latest Windows 10 Update deleted files and corrupted computer: Immediately after installing latest Windows 10 update, my computer would power on and the mouse would work until it was fully rebooted and then the mouse would become unresponsive. Control alt delete would not work. I would have to shut computer off using power button....
  8. Unable to move or delete files or folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to move or delete files or folders: Constantly get "File/Folder in use by another program". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-move-or-delete-files-or-folders/767b3b2f-8ebd-4563-9150-2a0fd6f33e5f"
  9. Folders and files reappear after being moved or deleted

Folders and files reappear after being moved or deleted: This folder keeps reappearing after I move it into another folder. I have tried the suggestion to change the owner to everyone. No luck. I have tried running the MSERT. It said it found 2 things Deleted one and partially deleted the other. Other security programs find...
  10. Files and folders reappear after deleting or moving

Files and folders reappear after deleting or moving: I have 2 places on my Windows 10 machine where folders reappear after being moved or deleted. The pictures folder and download folders have been moved from the small SSD C drive to the larger D drive. Several folders in the picture folders return to their original place...