Windows 10: System Crash & Bootable USB With Win10 ISO

Discus and support System Crash & Bootable USB With Win10 ISO in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Background Info next followed by my main ?'s listed at the very bottom A few months back my Laptop that came with Win 8.0, upgraded to 8.1, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WmBrown, Oct 26, 2018.

1. WmBrown Win User

System Crash & Bootable USB With Win10 ISO

Background Info next followed by my main ?'s listed at the very bottom

A few months back my Laptop that came with Win 8.0, upgraded to 8.1, and finally to W10 crashed. My son installed Win7 but I didn't like it. I typed out some help issues regarding this to an on-line tech. The tech finally hooked me up with another MS Tech only this time on the phone (I was stunned that could happen).​

I explained the above to the Telephone Tech and she, upon hearing all the details, told me not to worry and that she would help me fix the laptop. I was expecting that I would only be able to get Win 8.1. She then asked me what version of Windows did I want Win 8.1 or Win 10 I was stunned that she was offering me a clean install of Windows 10 so that's what I chose.

She then walked me through formatting a USB drive, downloading a Win 10 ISO, and also downloading a utility program to install the ISO on the USB and make it bootable.​

IT WORKED!!

Fast forward to today:

My laptop recently, over the past few weeks, started to run slower and slower and it also would randomly just turn off at the drop of a dime. I tried running diagnostic programs to try and find out what going on to no avail. This morning the laptop froze up and when I turned it off and then back on, it suddenly went to a Blue Screen saying there was no way to boot because of corrupt system files.

The Blue Screen had advanced options that showed me different ways to try and fix Windows but none worked. System Restore - NOPE. Go Back to a prior Windows Version - NOPE. I tried every option offered and nothing worked. I did not try System Repair out of fear I would lose my email profiles.

Main Question:

If I use the Bootable USB will it offer me the option of doing a Repair Installation which will save my files or will it just do a clean install erasing all my data?

If the USB WILL NOT do a clean install can I remove the laptop's Hard Drive and plug it into another computer so I can use it as a second drive and remove my data in Explorer first?

Thanks for the long read. I hope I covered everything.​

William Brown

:)

WmBrown, Oct 26, 2018
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Oct 26, 2018
  3. TRWOV Win User
    Bootable USB to ISO

He's not trying to make a bootable USB. He wants to restore the ISO from the bootable USB (the reverse operation).

What software are you trying to restore? You can get the Windows 7 ISOs from Digital River: http://social.technet.microsoft.com...c99-42db-80c8-6300f01f7aae/windows-7downloard

TRWOV, Oct 26, 2018
  4. System Crash & Bootable USB With Win10 ISO

Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

I am trying to install win7 from a USB. I set the USB to be first boot and it finds it, but wont install the iso.

I have tried ...

However when I get to bootsect it does not do anything .. says it is not a recognized internal command ...

Is there something I am missing? I even tried just loading the iso on the USB and booting, but did not work either

Is there an easier way?

copenhagen69, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

System Crash & Bootable USB With Win10 ISO

1. System Crash & Bootable USB With Win10 ISO - Similar Threads - System Crash Bootable

2. Win10 ISO USB IS NOT seen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 ISO USB IS NOT seen?: I work for a local charity and we are gradually going up to Windows 11 on new hardware inorder to meet MS intel processor greater than 8th generation. Quite a cost to us with our 50+ laptops and desktops as a charity. I am now as a volunteer rebuilding them with Win10 before...
  3. Win10 ISO USB IS NOT seen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 ISO USB IS NOT seen?: I work for a local charity and we are gradually going up to Windows 11 on new hardware inorder to meet MS intel processor greater than 8th generation. Quite a cost to us with our 50+ laptops and desktops as a charity. I am now as a volunteer rebuilding them with Win10 before...
  4. Win10 ISO USB IS NOT seen?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Creating a bootable usb from ISO

Creating a bootable usb from ISO: If I create a bootable usb from the ISO file, does that ISO file remain the same in the sense that I can use it to to an In-Place Repair or reinstall Windows?...
  6. Bootable USB problem - no run from ISO?

Bootable USB problem - no run from ISO?: Hi. I ve created USB f32 format, moved win10 ISO from the official website, the Microsoft just stuck in Verifying DMI pool data when I selwct it to boot. I did previously in CMD select partition of the USB to be active. Best regards....
  7. Create Bootable USB From Win10 Build-1909 ISO

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create Bootable USB From Win10 Build-1909 ISO: Hi guys. Currently on build 2004 but looking to clean install 1909. Unfortunately the Media Creation Tool will only work for the most recent build which is 2004. What's the best way for me to create a bootable USB with 1909 on it? I have the ISO just need to create the USB....
  8. Converting old bootable DVDs to ISO or directly to bootable USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Converting old bootable DVDs to ISO or directly to bootable USB: So I have decided to finally, finally get rid of all my CDs and DVDs. For non-bootable program installs or data, I simply copied all the files to a folder on a very large HDD.*Cool But I also have these bootable CDs for Win XP and Windows 7. I don't want to simply pitch...
  9. Win10 not seeing bootable USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 not seeing bootable USB: Hi, I've added a Linux live disk (ISO) to a USB drive using Rufus & changed the UEFI so all the USB boot options are the preferred ones. My laptop still does not see the USB during boot (also the light on the USB drive stays off as if it's receiving no power). Any...
  10. INstall.wim maximum size and Bootable USB to bootable ISO help

INstall.wim maximum size and Bootable USB to bootable ISO help: I don't understand why people think that the USB must be formatted with FAT32, This restriction is only applied to the UEFI Firmware prior to version 2.0. My PC is 5 year old MSI-Z77 and all bootable are formatted with NTFS. The only restriction is: All disks/USB must be MBR...