Windows 10: System Crash-Lost data please help.10 Pro

Discus and support System Crash-Lost data please help.10 Pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro Hello, I am going to try to do a Microsoft Remote session tomorrow hopefully, yesterday I couldn't get thier link to work. Joining this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Stevejacobs, Feb 17, 2021.

1. System Crash-Lost data please help.10 Pro

Windows 10 Pro
    Hello,
    I am going to try to do a Microsoft Remote session tomorrow hopefully, yesterday I couldn't get thier link to work. Joining this forum is a back up in case that doesn't work.
    Please forgive the length of my explanation its complicated.
    I am asking for my mother who uses here PC in a user mode. i.e she never signed into a Microsoft account or set up a password. Just started up the PC and away she went. On this User account was all her documents and a hard copy of windows office/word (she does not like cloud services)
    Yesterday whilst I was not there she started up the system from being closed down and was told there was a system failure.it took 40 minutes to boot up.( Updates are set to auto)
    I don't know exactly what she did but she joined a new Microsoft account,with password etc.

Now the old original user account cannot be found,with it all her files and the office/word.
    I have tried to sign out of the new account , which the system will not allow and look for the old User account but can't find it.
    Please help, I understand there must be two accounts as some people have, but the old user account was never named or pass worded and now seems to have vanished.
    Thanks in advance
    Steve

:)

Stevejacobs, Feb 17, 2021

2. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown System Crash-Lost data please help.10 Pro :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Threeflow Win User
    Help! New system keeps crashing

Ask this guy if he can help ->>

Threeflow, Feb 17, 2021
  4. peach1971 Win User

System Crash-Lost data please help.10 Pro

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

System Crash-Lost data please help.10 Pro

1. System Crash-Lost data please help.10 Pro - Similar Threads - System Crash Lost

2. PLEASE HELP MY COMPUTER LOST ALL MY PAST DATA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLEASE HELP MY COMPUTER LOST ALL MY PAST DATA: MY WINDOWS ON MY OLDER PC LAPTOP IS TOTALLY GONE. I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS HAPPENED WHEN I SIGNED UP FOR OFFICE 365 BUT MY COMPUTER IS BARREN NO APPS WON'T LET ME SEARCH TO C: DRIVE PLEASE HELP!!! I DONT KNOW IF I WAS HACKED - BEC ITEMS DISAPPEARED RIGHT BEFORE MY EYES. I SAVED...
  3. PLEASE HELP MY COMPUTER LOST ALL MY PAST DATA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PLEASE HELP MY COMPUTER LOST ALL MY PAST DATA: MY WINDOWS ON MY OLDER PC LAPTOP IS TOTALLY GONE. I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS HAPPENED WHEN I SIGNED UP FOR OFFICE 365 BUT MY COMPUTER IS BARREN NO APPS WON'T LET ME SEARCH TO C: DRIVE PLEASE HELP!!! I DONT KNOW IF I WAS HACKED - BEC ITEMS DISAPPEARED RIGHT BEFORE MY EYES. I SAVED...
  4. PLEASE HELP MY COMPUTER LOST ALL MY PAST DATA

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. System crash BSoD! please help!

System crash BSoD! please help!: Getting blue screen often after installing Windows 10 Home. Did a clean install of windows but still getting. Updated drivers but no effect. Ran memtest86 to check RAM and it passed. Attaching below dump during recent last 2 crashes. Please help!this crash says...
  6. Please help me maybe I have lost all my data?

Please help me maybe I have lost all my data?: Hello, so I asked a question yesterday if you can lose data after an update. Because my PC had a problem with the start menu. I was assured that I can do this without any worries. I was naive and downloaded it now I wanted to log in but he said something about "Error loading...
  7. Windows 10 crashed and all my data is lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 crashed and all my data is lost: Several days ago my PC got stuck on the Lock screen, out of focus. I have never used the lock screen. When I used standard techniques to force a restart I got options that demanded my lock PIN. The Windows recovery options were all inaccessible. I used the Dell recovery...
  8. PC crashed unexpectedly, data lost.

PC crashed unexpectedly, data lost.: My PC crashed during a game yesterday and when I restarted it everything was running normally. It was just that my Desktop was empty and all my passwords and data for every single application were gone. One drive, google, epic games, everything. Other than this my Downloads...
  9. pending crash of system i think...PLEASE HELP

pending crash of system i think...PLEASE HELP: missing O.S. files. went in to recovery no drives showing. I'm thinking it may crash at any time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pending-crash-of-system-i-thinkplease-help/4c721f03-a655-4aec-adf3-7489990cae93
  10. Lost Windows 10 Accidentally (hELP PLEASE)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Windows 10 Accidentally (hELP PLEASE): So, not long ago, I was attempting to completely reset my laptop (Dell Inspiron 11 3000), and as it was resetting, it froze and became practically unusable. Luckily, my dad is pretty tech savvy and was able to get it working again. However, it ended up having Windows 8.1...