Windows 10: system crash randomly and often

Discus and support system crash randomly and often in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,My problem seems very comun : system crash. Yet none of the replies to this topic helped solve it.Several times a day sometimes less then a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CristianJECU, Jun 28, 2021.

1. system crash randomly and often

Hello,My problem seems very comun : system crash. Yet none of the replies to this topic helped solve it.Several times a day sometimes less then a minute after restart sometime several minutes after during random actions webbrosing, using file exlorer, playing a video, playing a game, coding, scanning for errors or simply while idle - doing nothing system decides to crash. There is no recovery screen, just hangs there with the image freeze, if sound was playing it gets stuck on a note. Vents are throttling down. Keyboard and mouse lose their backlight and become useless. Only way to put an

:)

CristianJECU, Jun 28, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 28, 2021
  3. System crashes randomly while using on Windows 10

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue;

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the system randomly freezes?
    • Does the system freeze specific to any particular task on your computer?

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Process
      tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Method 3: Run Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Memory Diagnostic
    • Select Windows Memory Diagnostics
      and click on Restart now and check for problems.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of random system freeze for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 28, 2021
  4. Naby Win User

system crash randomly and often

10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads

This is a re-post from here.

I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off. I've looked for 1074, 6006, and 6008 event log files to explain why and I haven't been able to find anything.

Other times the computer just randomly crashes and also sometimes when downloading files. The symptom is the same, I check on it and find it powered down or it just shuts off while I'm using it. It boots back up fine and I see no cause listed in the event logs.

I have been through the 3 tests suggested to me on the old thread. SMART looked good, memtest ran for 33 hours for 8 passes with no errors, and prime was run for 3 hours with no errors.

I think the next step was to run V2 Log collector, that data is attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

Thema:

system crash randomly and often

1. system crash randomly and often - Similar Threads - system crash randomly

2. Random system crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random system crashes: Hello again!I will discuss 3 problems, which 1 was able to solve and unfortunately the other two were not.First from the good news:The first problem was with micro stuttering and was fixed.The culprit was a service from AMD "AMD External Events Utility".I notified to AMD...
  3. Often Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Often Crash: My PC are crashing sometimes yes but I pay no mind in it, however this past week I got 3 crashes and 1 of it is a BSOD. I'd like to know what's happening to my computer.here are the dump...
  4. Often Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Often Crash: My PC are crashing sometimes yes but I pay no mind in it, however this past week I got 3 crashes and 1 of it is a BSOD. I'd like to know what's happening to my computer.here are the dump...
  5. Often Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Random system crashes

Random system crashes: Since three days or so my pc randomly shuts down for no visual reason, there's no error message or BSOD.After looking into it for a good while I think I found the issue using Window's built in Event Viewer application, but I'm yet to find a solution. I'm thinking about doing...
  7. Laptop randomly crashing often but resolves itself

Laptop randomly crashing often but resolves itself: My Acer Nitro 5 (purchased in 2019) often crashes randomly, especially during gaming. Sometimes, my screen just freezes and I am forced to shut down the laptop. When I boot up the device immediately after a crash, I get the following "No Bootable Device" screen [img] In...
  8. Random system crashes

Random system crashes: Computer randomly shutting down without a bluescreen. Has occurred during gaming as well as general productivity apps. I've included system and application logs (onedrive links below) for reference. Shutdowns occurred at the following dates/times: 4/26/19: 11:47am 4/25/19:...
  9. System Random Crashes.

System Random Crashes.: Alright so here's the problem. My newly upgraded Gaming PC I rebuilt nearly 5 months ago keeps crashing. As in the system goes off as if some one pulled the plug or something, but thats not the case, I have the system hooked up to a UPS with line conditioning so its clean...
  10. System clock changes randomly and often, causes applications to crash

in Windows 10 Support
    System clock changes randomly and often, causes applications to crash: I've been having a problem lately where I would be using a moderately resource-intensive application and it would crash completely, and the system clock in the lower right-hand corner would change. This happens especially when playing games, but it also happens whenever a...