Windows 10: System Crash, Reboot, Account gone, can't login

Discus and support System Crash, Reboot, Account gone, can't login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This time I have NO idea what Windows has done... This is my 30 seconds of sitting quietly, taking a deep cleansing breath, and trying to gently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GracieAllen, Mar 12, 2021.

1. System Crash, Reboot, Account gone, can't login

This time I have NO idea what Windows has done...

This is my 30 seconds of sitting quietly, taking a deep cleansing breath, and trying to gently figure out what has happened BEFORE I do something stupid...

Desktop, Windows 10 Pro, ordinary box. I HAD local accounts. I don't WANT to login with a Microsoft account or their Hello Kitty face or whatever the <bleep> it is, I want to have MY ordinary, local account ask me for a password and log in.

Actually, since day ONE, this desktop has been setup so it AUTOMATICALLY logs in - no screwing around, reboot, and its up.

Today, one of Adobe's FINE products not only crashed ITSELF, but it also crashed the whole system. And when it rebooted I got a different picture on the splash page (or whatever the picture is you have to look at until you hit return to log in) - this time it's penguins - and MY account is MISSING. I have the Administrator account, I have THIS account, but MY account, the one I use exclusively is NOT in the list.

The system did an update either yesterday or the day before, and it's been rebooted as recently as yesterday AND EVERYTHING WORKED FINE. Yes, the system drive is there. Yes, MY folder is there, though from the current login I CANNOT open it since it says I don't have permission, but as far as I know there's NO PROBLEM with any disk...

--------------------------------------------

I THINK I know WHAT Windows did, I'm just not sure HOW OR WHY...

I PREVIOUSLY had an account in MY name - DavidP. It was a local account, had a normal password, logged into the desktop. YEARS go by, never had a problem.
    Today, after the crash, system reboots and I DO NOT have a local account in my name. I have my wife's account, which works. I have the Administrator account which works. And I NOW have an account "Gracie Allen" which is NOT an account I've EVER used on any of my computers. I got into control panel and to accounts, and "Gracie Allen" is NOT a local account. It has a username for a Microsoft Outlook web account I used ONE time a couple YEARS ago and never again. With one of those ridiculous umpteen character/special chars/numbers passwords.
    I LOGGED IN to "Gracie Allen" and voila, I'm ME again.

Now my problem. HOW do I get MY account back to being ME? I want the username back to mine/me, and the password back to a local one that I create and enter (which I won't 'cause it'll go right back to logging in directly), and it has to STILL point to the correct user/... folder.
    All the things I've read SO FAR have said "Once you make an account an Internet account, YOU CANNOT put it back to a local account using any name that already exists"
    So HOW do I get this screwed up mess BACK to what it was 24 hours ago?

:)

GracieAllen, Mar 12, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown System Crash, Reboot, Account gone, can't login :(

Zakin, Mar 12, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Mar 12, 2021
  4. peach1971 Win User

System Crash, Reboot, Account gone, can't login

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

System Crash, Reboot, Account gone, can't login

1. System Crash, Reboot, Account gone, can't login - Similar Threads - System Crash Reboot

2. Sudden System Crash, had to reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden System Crash, had to reboot: Hello, System suddenly crashed, I had to reboot manually.Error code in EventVwr:I work on this system so I take crashes very seriously. What could it be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sudden-system-crash-had-to-reboot/d08cc444-6335-4857-ad21-51c146c80e70
  3. Sudden System Crash, had to reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden System Crash, had to reboot: Hello, System suddenly crashed, I had to reboot manually.Error code in EventVwr:I work on this system so I take crashes very seriously. What could it be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sudden-system-crash-had-to-reboot/d08cc444-6335-4857-ad21-51c146c80e70
  4. crashed win10pro after update - no admin rights - no login as accounts are gone - license...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crashed win10pro after update - no admin rights - no login as accounts are gone - license...: alright - profsvc not working - unable to login in. win10 pro Software - dell i7 - update 11-10-22 caused computer to crash - 1st went the security which took admin rights. I can't even access the recycle bin when i click on it. pathetic yes - check this out - this is the 2nd...
  5. crashed win10pro after update - no admin rights - no login as accounts are gone - license...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    crashed win10pro after update - no admin rights - no login as accounts are gone - license...: alright - profsvc not working - unable to login in. win10 pro Software - dell i7 - update 11-10-22 caused computer to crash - 1st went the security which took admin rights. I can't even access the recycle bin when i click on it. pathetic yes - check this out - this is the 2nd...
  6. crashed win10pro after update - no admin rights - no login as accounts are gone - license...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Can't login to account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login to account: I purchased a new laptop Saturday and have not been able to even open the thing because I can't remember the password. The alternate email address is no longer viable so I have been unable to reset it. I get as far as the phone verification which passed but then it want's...
  8. Game crashing and system reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game crashing and system reboot: Windows 10 10.0.18362 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super IntelR CoreTM i7-9700KF CPU @ 3.60GHz I have a brand new pc. When i launch a game such as Call of Duty: Warzone, Sea of Thieves, Fortnite, i get a crash to desktop. Sometimes the crash even results in my system completely...
  9. Windows Crashed, Can't Reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Crashed, Can't Reboot: Hello, I'm sure there are many threads of this sort, but I am new to Windows so I desperate for help. I recently purchased a custom built computer from a coworker with Windows 10 already loaded. It's been working perfectly for a month, however last night it crashed all the...
  10. crash to bluescreen or system reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crash to bluescreen or system reboot: Hi, I've been having this problem when playing a game for quite sometime. Always about 10 minutes in and then all seems fine after. However, of late it is becoming more frequent or more random: Problem signature: P1: 154 P2: ffffb68a538fc000 P3: fffff9010e75c6b0 P4: 2 P5:...