Windows 10: System Crash / Reboot when attempting to install Windows 10

Discus and support System Crash / Reboot when attempting to install Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm really confused with this. Got an old system today, Ryzen 1400, 16GB DDR4 2400, R580 4GB, A320 Mobo. When I try and boot from a win10 usb built... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/antde5, Oct 17, 2020.

1. /u/antde5 Win User

System Crash / Reboot when attempting to install Windows 10

I'm really confused with this. Got an old system today, Ryzen 1400, 16GB DDR4 2400, R580 4GB, A320 Mobo.

When I try and boot from a win10 usb built using the official creation tool, it flashes up the windows logo for a second, then the system just restarts.

I've tried resenting the ram. Using individual sticks. No GPU installed. Changing from UEFI boot to legacy. Disabling all boot devices bar the USB. Nothing seems to work.

However, booting into Ubuntu works absolutely fine. It's just windows 10 that won't go.

I've tried multiple USB drives with fresh Win10 on each. Every USB port on the system. I'm at a total loss as to what the issue is.

Any suggestions? Thanks

submitted by /u/antde5
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/antde5, Oct 17, 2020

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Oct 17, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 17, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

1. System Crash / Reboot when attempting to install Windows 10 - Similar Threads - System Crash Reboot

2. System not attempting to create dump file when it crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System not attempting to create dump file when it crashes: Hi!I have a Windows 11 PC, that begun crashing recently. I wanted to find the root cause for the crash to fix it, so I looked in C:/Windows to find the dump file. But, surprise! The MEMORY.DMP file wasn't there! I looked into settings and I ensured dump file settings were...
  3. System not attempting to create dump file when it crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System not attempting to create dump file when it crashes: Hi!I have a Windows 11 PC, that begun crashing recently. I wanted to find the root cause for the crash to fix it, so I looked in C:/Windows to find the dump file. But, surprise! The MEMORY.DMP file wasn't there! I looked into settings and I ensured dump file settings were...
  4. Windows 11 - System Crash & Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - System Crash & Reboot: My machine crashes every so often blue screen and reboots. Upon viewing event logs, there's not much information except the following:The previous system shutdown at 11:20:56 AM on ‎8/‎08/‎2022 was unexpected.I'm running the following setup:Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with...
  5. Windows 11 - System Crash & Reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - System Crash & Reboot: My machine crashes every so often blue screen and reboots. Upon viewing event logs, there's not much information except the following:The previous system shutdown at 11:20:56 AM on ‎8/‎08/‎2022 was unexpected.I'm running the following setup:Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with...
  6. New build reboots when attempting to install Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New build reboots when attempting to install Windows: Hi,I built this:https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/MFVG9NAnd set it up today. It boots, hardware detects fine in BIOS, but when booting to Microsoft's Windows installer on my USB it reboots the moment I move the mouse I see it move for half a second then rebootsThe keyboard is...
  7. Windows 10 crashing when attempting to install update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 crashing when attempting to install update: Hello, everyone! I am trying to install updates through Windows 10's auto update feature. However, every time my laptop tried to install Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based systems (KB4592438), it crashed, most frequently with a blue screen, once with...
  8. Windows 10 crashing when attempting to install update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashing when attempting to install update: Hello, everyone! I am trying to install updates through Windows 10's auto update feature. However, every time my laptop tried to install Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based systems KB4592438, it crashed, most frequently with a blue screen, once with a...
  9. Game crashing and system reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game crashing and system reboot: Windows 10 10.0.18362 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super IntelR CoreTM i7-9700KF CPU @ 3.60GHz I have a brand new pc. When i launch a game such as Call of Duty: Warzone, Sea of Thieves, Fortnite, i get a crash to desktop. Sometimes the crash even results in my system completely...
  10. crash to bluescreen or system reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crash to bluescreen or system reboot: Hi, I've been having this problem when playing a game for quite sometime. Always about 10 minutes in and then all seems fine after. However, of late it is becoming more frequent or more random: Problem signature: P1: 154 P2: ffffb68a538fc000 P3: fffff9010e75c6b0 P4: 2 P5:...