Windows 10: System crash when window10 update graphic driver (AMD) . Blue screen display and restart...

Discus and support System crash when window10 update graphic driver (AMD) . Blue screen display and restart... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am facing this problem when my windows10 update . My Laptop graphic not working after installation and when windows automatic install graphic driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rohankachhari, Jul 14, 2018.

1. System crash when window10 update graphic driver (AMD) . Blue screen display and restart...

I am facing this problem when my windows10 update . My Laptop graphic not working after installation and when windows automatic install graphic driver then suddenly system crash display blue screen and restart again and again.

MY Laptop name is Sony vaio SVE15135CNB

help me to solve this problem

:)

Rohankachhari, Jul 14, 2018

2. AMD Radeon HD 6470M graphics driver crashing

Hello,

I am using Dell inspiron N4050 laptop with Windows 10, in my laptop I have AMD Radeon HD 6470M 1GB graphic card, The issue is whenever I am trying to install the AMD Radon latest driver it is crashing and my laptop is showing blue screen and restarting again
    and again. Some of my blue screen error are "Atikmpag.sys" & "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". I also attached the blue screen screen shot for your assistance. Please let me know a solution.

Thanks,

Soumya Mondal

SoumyaMondalm, Jul 14, 2018
  3. AMD Radeon HD 6470M graphics driver crashing

Hi Soumya,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Do you have any other graphics card installed?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Try to place the system in Safe Mode and check if it works fine.

1. Restart your PC. When you reach the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key and select the Power button, and then select Restart.

2. After your PC restarts, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options >Startup settings > Restart. After your PC restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or
    F5 for Safe Mode with networking.

Try to update your Display Driver.

To update your display driver, you'll need to uninstall your current display adapter, and then check for driver updates.

• Right-click the Start button. Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand the Display adapters section, right-click the listed adapter, then select Uninstall. Select the Delete the driver software for this device check box, then select OK and restart your PC.
    • After your PC restarts, press the Windows logo key.
    • From Settings, select Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates.
    Note:

If you have multiple display adapters, you'll need to disable the added adapter (often an Intel HD 400 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) by right-clicking it from the list in Device Manager and selecting Disable > Yes. Then, turn off your
    PC, and turn your PC back on. If that doesn't fix the issue, restart your PC in safe mode, re-enable the added display adapter, and then disable the other adapter.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 14, 2018
  4. System crash when window10 update graphic driver (AMD) . Blue screen display and restart...

AMD Display Driver Install Causing Crash on Windows 10

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
      • AMD R9 380x
    • Desktop or Laptop System
      • Desktop, custom
    • Operating System
      • Windows 10 64bit
    • Driver version installed
      • Trying to install Crimson Edition 16.3.2
    • Display Devices
      • Lenovo, HDMI
    • Motherboard
      • ASUS H110M-A
    • CPU/APU
      • Intel Core i5 6500 3.2GHz
    • Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage
      • EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze
    • RAM
      • 8GB
    Describe your issue:

• Brand new system ran fine for a month. Two days ago screen randomly started to go green. Solid green not a tint. It was also flickering and having weird pixelated issues. Took out GPU and put it back in to check connection. Checked all power supply
      connections. Everything good. Turned PC on and got vertical white lines across the screen and couldn't make it to boot before going black. Plugged HDMI into onboard display and was able to boot but would crash to BSOD withing seconds and give video.tdr failure
      (atikmpag.sys). I safe mode booted and used ddu to uninstall display driver and boot from Windows Basic Display Adapter. At this point my build became stable and now I use the computer, without the graphics card. I downloaded latest display drivers from support.amd.com
      but when I attempt to install the system crashes to BSOD with same video.tdr failure. Upon looking at the display driver in the device manager (in safe mode again) I get a Code 52.
    • I have attempted to install the Crimson 16.3.2 edition for Windows 10 and 8.1 64bit edition, both with same results.
    • I attempted to alter the atikmpag.sys file through tutorials I found online to no result.
    • I attempted to block Windows Update from downloading the latest drivers and installing them with no result.
    • I attempted a fresh install but as soon as updates were downloaded and installed it crashed again.
    • I'm at a loss as to what to do now. Please help.

Mithrawn05, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

System crash when window10 update graphic driver (AMD) . Blue screen display and restart...

1. System crash when window10 update graphic driver (AMD) . Blue screen display and restart... - Similar Threads - System crash window10

2. Games crashing and system crashing/restarting/no blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crashing and system crashing/restarting/no blue screen: Hello MS team, I recently was having game crash issues and have since added more ram. Now I am still having the issues but its becoming more often. Most times the crash occurs it will crash the program game but a few times it has crashed the whole system. No blue screen, I...
  3. Games crashing and system crashing/restarting/no blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games crashing and system crashing/restarting/no blue screen: Hello MS team, I recently was having game crash issues and have since added more ram. Now I am still having the issues but its becoming more often. Most times the crash occurs it will crash the program game but a few times it has crashed the whole system. No blue screen, I...
  4. Games crashing and system crashing/restarting/no blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blue screen when installing amd driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen when installing amd driver: Hello! I am a amd GPU and processor user. I use msi bravo 15 b5dd with mx 5500 gpu. My Windows 11 keeps replacing my gpu driver is my first problem. I tried fix it from device manager etc and it didn't work. And now, when I re installing my gpu driver, it crashed and blue...
  6. Blue screen when installing amd driver

Blue screen when installing amd driver: Hello! I am a amd GPU and processor user. I use msi bravo 15 b5dd with mx 5500 gpu. My Windows 11 keeps replacing my gpu driver is my first problem. I tried fix it from device manager etc and it didn't work. And now, when I re installing my gpu driver, it crashed and blue...
  7. Display Crashes since updating graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Crashes since updating graphics drivers: Hello, ever since I updated my drivers on 10/25/22 I have had multiple display crashes where I can still hear audio, and that will eventually crash as well. To my knowledge this is the first instance of this happening.DescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  8. Display Crashes since updating graphics drivers

Display Crashes since updating graphics drivers: Hello, ever since I updated my drivers on 10/25/22 I have had multiple display crashes where I can still hear audio, and that will eventually crash as well. To my knowledge this is the first instance of this happening.DescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  9. Display Crashes since updating graphics drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Updated Window / Updated AMD Driver /Blue screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updated Window / Updated AMD Driver /Blue screen: UPDATED everything that i was able to update and I am still experiencing blue screen " Critical Process died " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updated-window-updated-amd-driver-blue-screen/0911cfc2-3d95-42b5-8a66-dc132b3c39b4

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd display driver for windows blue error

2. amd graphics update error restarting several time