Windows 10: System Crash While Moving Files From OneDrive

Discus and support System Crash While Moving Files From OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My PC crashed while I was moving files from my OneDrive to a local backup. Will I need to go picking through the recycle bin to try to figure out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AUser008, Apr 2, 2021.

1. AUser008 Win User

System Crash While Moving Files From OneDrive

My PC crashed while I was moving files from my OneDrive to a local backup.

Will I need to go picking through the recycle bin to try to figure out where it left off, or will the folders and files only be deleted from OneDrive once they are successfully moved?

:)

AUser008, Apr 2, 2021
  2. TarAn_D Win User

Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Apr 2, 2021
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 2, 2021
  4. OldPilot Win User

Document files moved to OneDrive

My first post here: Windows 10 build 19042 Ver 20H2

I don't know happened. Yesterday, I used Calibre that requires access to files in a folder in my Documents folder. But it wasn't there. All files and folders were gone and apparently moved to onedrive. I was able to move that folder back to the document folder within my user account and all of that worked okay. But why, had the files and folders been moved like that without my action. Also, how should I put my system back in order, if it is out of order?

Not only have the files been moved but the point to locations have been changed. The location of Documents is listed as "C:\Users\jvpri\OneDrive\Pictures" . Hmm...why should the documents folder have been placed within Pictures? There still exists a Documents folder within my User directory account but it was empty.

Also, some of my content on Desktop have been moved to a OneDrive/Desktop directory. There is a Where are my Files link left on the Desktop.

Because of all this, I tried to learn a bit more about how OneDrive is supposed to work, but only go more confused. So, besides solving my immediate problem, is there somewhere a good read that will simplify what I am supposed to expect from Onedrive and how to keep it all straight.

OldPilot, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

1. System Crash While Moving Files From OneDrive - Similar Threads - System Crash While

2. Moving installed program files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving installed program files from OneDrive: Hi,I recently upgraded to a new Windows 11 PC and have since installed a bunch of music production software, some of which linked program documents / presets etc. to OneDrive. I don't subscribe to OneDrive and don't particularly want to, and the drive is full. This has caused...
  3. Moving installed program files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving installed program files from OneDrive: Hi,I recently upgraded to a new Windows 11 PC and have since installed a bunch of music production software, some of which linked program documents / presets etc. to OneDrive. I don't subscribe to OneDrive and don't particularly want to, and the drive is full. This has caused...
  4. Lost files while moving from Samsung phone internal storage to Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost files while moving from Samsung phone internal storage to Onedrive: Hi guys. Can anyone help me? PLEASE. I was moving files using my samsung phone from its internal storage to my Onedrive. In the middle of the transfer, i think the wifi get lost and the move was interrupted. I cancelled the move and I restart my phone. When I check my phone's...
  5. if explorer crashes while moving a file will the file corrupt?

if explorer crashes while moving a file will the file corrupt?: i was copying a metric ton of files and i absentmindedly quit explorer for another thing i was doing, would unexpectedly ending the copying process make a corrupt half copied file or does it recognize that it's a incomplete file and only mark it as complete as the last thing...
  6. SD Card file system crash when moving files?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD Card file system crash when moving files?: OS: Windows 10 64 Pro Hi, wasn't sure where to post that topic, so I went here 'cause I don't really know the error causing it (yet). Problem: Whenever I move (RAW+jpeg) files from my (128 GB) SD card, the file system crashes at some point. Sometimes when all files are...
  7. SD Card file system crash when moving files?

in Windows 10 Support
    SD Card file system crash when moving files?: OS: Windows 10 64 Pro Hi, wasn't sure where to post that topic, so I went here 'cause I don't really know the error causing it (yet). Problem: Whenever I move (RAW+jpeg) files from my (128 GB) SD card, the file system crashes at some point. Sometimes when all files are...
  8. Moving files from OneDrive to PC Drive

Moving files from OneDrive to PC Drive: i need to move my many photos from OneDrive Windows 10 to my PC drive to free up cloud space, as I've exceeded my limit. I don't want to lose my photos when i delete them from cloud....
  9. Moving OneDrive Files

Moving OneDrive Files: I have several games that continually backup themselves on to my OneDrive despite my attempts to move and delete them. I don't want them on my OneDrive because they take up so much space, how do I keep them from saving themselves onto my OneDrive?...
  10. Onedrive moving files.

Onedrive moving files.: Onedrive has moved my documents, desktop and pictures from my PC to Onedrive. I prefer not doing this. Is there a way to change the option where I can use Onedrive as a back-up only and keep my files on my PC?...