Windows 10: System crashed after running updates

Discus and support System crashed after running updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Hello, I'm Stacey and I need so much help, please... I have two different laptops that my husband and I got and when we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lady3vil, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Lady3vil Win User

System crashed after running updates

Split from this thread.​

Hello, I'm Stacey and I need so much help, please...

I have two different laptops that my husband and I got and when we ran updates on both pc's they crashed. The MSI Laptop is stuck in windows update adding files reboot and my ASUS is stuck in Automatic repair boot but repairs nothing.

I downloaded the media tool from windows because both run Win 10, but neither laptop will allow me to change which drive boots first. I cannot use the command prompt its stuck in X:\Windows\System32 . On the asus I did diskpart list volume and volume O Ltr I No Label No Fs Type DVD-Rom

Vol 1 Ltr C Label Recovery Fs Fat32 Type Partition 19 gb Health

Vol 2 Ltr F Label Data NTFS Partition 116 gb healthy

all the way to volume 6 Ltr E esd-usb Fat32 Removable 7679 mb healthy

I can get to startup settings and I disabled automatic restart after failure, and disabled early launch ani-malware protection, but I cannot get into enable safe Mode with Command Prompt. It just loops back into repair.

It wont reset this pc either option keep or remove files.

I tried startup repair and that doesn't work Log file \System32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTrial.txt . Tried to fis that but I cant get the cmd.exe to read the correct drive so it wont fix anything.

No System Restore point, No System Image Recovery. Start up repair wont work , cant go back to previous version.

I cannot get to the boot setup at all...

The MSI laptop, I can only get into setup utility boot options 1, 2, 3, and when I reboot and add my media tool on usb I get boot option #4

but it wont let me change boot option #4 to boot option # 1, now yesterday I could change the option but when I go to change I think its the bios to load usb that wont change at at all.

If some can give me step by step fixes for both computer I can finally get ride of this stress that's making me lose my hair. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

:)

Lady3vil, Jun 4, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 4, 2019
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Naki, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

1. System crashed after running updates - Similar Threads - System crashed running

2. Applications stopped running after a system crash.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications stopped running after a system crash.: Applications stopped running after a system crash. Reinstalled the discord and still won't start. And if you go through a hidden admin account, everything works. After the crash of the system, the discord started up normally and then after 5 minutes the application itself...
  3. Applications stopped running after a system crash.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications stopped running after a system crash.: Applications stopped running after a system crash. Reinstalled the discord and still won't start. And if you go through a hidden admin account, everything works. After the crash of the system, the discord started up normally and then after 5 minutes the application itself...
  4. system crashing after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system crashing after updates: Did the updates today, restarted twice. Then started to do a little sim racing, a few minutes into that and suddenly the screen goes to a light blue with the message "your system has encountered a problem", it says its gathering info, a % number goes up, and when its done it...
  5. system crashing after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system crashing after updates: Did the updates today, restarted twice. Then started to do a little sim racing, a few minutes into that and suddenly the screen goes to a light blue with the message "your system has encountered a problem", it says its gathering info, a % number goes up, and when its done it...
  6. system crashing after updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. System crashes after run CHKDSK /f /r /x

System crashes after run CHKDSK /f /r /x: today, 2nd time run CHKDSK /f /r /x .. after long time - didn't run it; & detected for sure PROBLEMS - 5x consequent crashes with Blue Screen; .. as it was all the time - some hardware issue; notebook ASUS X550CC, end January 2014, in Utilities until it runs; .. have...
  8. System crashing often after unsuccessful OS update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System crashing often after unsuccessful OS update: My laptop model is HP 17-by0xxx. I have tried to install the OS windows 10, version 2004 yesterdayMy earlier running one being version 1909. I couldn't find the update from windows update setting in my pc, so I tried to do it by force update using windows update assistant. It...
  9. After installing update, system crashes

After installing update, system crashes: Hi, After the latest update got installed in my windows 10 system, my pc is having lots of problems. It takes a long time to start, long time to restart and long time to shutdown. If I hibernate and start Or if I resume it from standby, it results in a blue screen DRIVER...
  10. System not running after an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System not running after an update: Hello! Yesterday (4th Sep 2018) an update was installed on my computer during shutdown. Everything went properly, the installation was not interrupted. Now the system is not loading - Windows 10 logo and a loading circle appear and then nothing happens (I even tried to wait...