Windows 10: System Crashed / Processor Failed

Discus and support System Crashed / Processor Failed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm facing this issue for several months. I am unable to find the reason for this; as it happens in a random pattern: It occurs at no specific... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kamran-M, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Kamran-M Win User

System Crashed / Processor Failed

Hi,

I'm facing this issue for several months. I am unable to find the reason for this; as it happens in a random pattern: It occurs at no specific time/duration, no application or type of work is associated with this issue.

When I'm using my laptop:

• It suddenly freezes everything
    • No movement on the screen
    • No error appears
    • All applications, open files/work stops working
    • Keyboard/Mouse doesn't work

And I have to restart the system again (using power button), to be able to work again.
    I have checked the Event Log and found that one by one all processors faced this problem and system fails as a result:

Processor 0 in group 0 exposes the following power management capabilities:

Idle state type: ACPI Idle (C) States (3 state(s))

Performance state type: ACPI Performance (P) / Throttle (T) States
    Nominal Frequency (MHz): 2801
    Maximum performance percentage: 100
    Minimum performance percentage: 28
    Minimum throttle percentage: 3

----------------- Update -----------------

I found another common error, which is crashing my system:

This is the error of one processor and the same for the rest of the seven processors:

The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

Kamran-M, Sep 20, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

4. Tormid Win User

System crash with apu

hi
    I bought an AMD A46300 processor and Gigabyte F2A68HM board which crashes mainly when playing games. However installed a separate graphics card and system seems stable. Can't face the bother of returning both. Any suggestions - stick with graphics card which I could possibly upgrade?

Tormid, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

1. System Crashed / Processor Failed - Similar Threads - System Crashed Processor

2. Windows 11 System Requirement - Processor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 System Requirement - Processor: My processor i.e. IntelR CoreTM i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz is supported for windows 11 in their official supporting processor documents still it shows that the processor isn't supported for windows 11. What is the catch on this? Please help me out on same if anyone facing a...
  3. Processor name not showing in System settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Processor name not showing in System settings.: ...............[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/processor-name-not-showing-in-system-settings/314d508a-836c-4451-9165-0b042f199b35
  4. Soft-Lock/Hanging? Processor Stops Processing But Computer Keeps Running? System "Crash"...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Soft-Lock/Hanging? Processor Stops Processing But Computer Keeps Running? System "Crash"...: I dont even know what to properly call this situation. TL;DR: Newly built Computer does this weird thing that is not quite a Soft or a Hard lock. Computer stays running, windows and popups respond but nothing actually happens. Browser can be used but videos will not work...
  5. System instability with new processor / mobo

System instability with new processor / mobo: Hi all. I've recently upgraded my system from a Core i5 to the new Ryzen 5600X. Amazing performance but sadly the systems been very unstable. I'm running Windows 10 version 2004. I've gotten both SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL BSODs. As well as random...
  6. System crashed and Windows updates failed

System crashed and Windows updates failed: Hi, My Windows system often crashed recently. The event log is saying: "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 0xffffffffffffffd0, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8067a14ab2a, 0x0000000000000002. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP....
  7. System crashed and Windows Update fail

System crashed and Windows Update fail: Windows system crashed often recently. The log from event viewer shows: "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 0xffffffffffffffd0, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8067a14ab2a, 0x0000000000000002. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP....
  8. System freezing, crashing and restarting randomly - Processor error?

System freezing, crashing and restarting randomly - Processor error?: Hi, Yesterday I started having random crashes and restarts on my PC. It's similar to a BSOD, Except I am getting a freeze of around 5-10 seconds with a crash sound playing throughout the freeze It doesn't matter if I am playing a game or browsing the web, It can happen...
  9. System crash - CrashHangAnalysis.asp fails Error code 0x80010105

System crash - CrashHangAnalysis.asp fails Error code 0x80010105: Hello, After having several instances of system crash, I attempted to use the Debug Diagnostics Tool v1.2 on the dump file. However, I got the following: Warning DebugDiag failed to locate the PEB Process Environment Block in MEMORY.DMP, and as a result, debug analysis...
  10. TPM Security Processor fails to start.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TPM Security Processor fails to start.: Hello all, I've been experiencing constant problems with my TPM on my device. I use BitLocker Drive Encryption on my Windows Drive therefore upon booting, I'm always prompted to enter the 25 key recovery key. It's always been troubling me and always working for 5 minutes...