Windows 10: System crashes after run CHKDSK /f /r /x

Discus and support System crashes after run CHKDSK /f /r /x in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; today, 2nd time run CHKDSK /f /r /x .. after long time - didn't run it; & detected for sure PROBLEMS - 5x consequent crashes with Blue Screen; ..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mental Element, Nov 30, 2020.

1. System crashes after run CHKDSK /f /r /x

today, 2nd time run CHKDSK /f /r /x .. after long time - didn't run it;

& detected for sure PROBLEMS - 5x consequent crashes with Blue Screen;

as it was all the time - some hardware issue;

notebook ASUS X550CC, end January 2014, in Utilities until it runs;

have some pictures from Report Problems & .txt of CHKDSK & Wininit - but have no buttons to upload it :/

:)

Mental Element, Nov 30, 2020

2. CHKDSK /F /R /X

Sorry to top should read:

<CHKDSK G: /F /R /X

Horst

Horst-Dammer, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    chkdsk c: /F

We appreciate the response. I'm referring to Check Disk (chkdsk) utility tool. If you haven't tried yet, we suggest that you run a chkdsk by:

• Press Windows Key + X button to bring up the power user menu.
    • In the power user menu, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.Click Yes when you are presented with a UAC window requesting permission to launch the Command Prompt as Administrator.
    • In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r /x. Here you should replace E with your drive letter.
    This option will run chkdsk to check and repair disk errors in Windows 10. The “/f” parameter tells CHKDSK to fix any errors it finds; “/r” tells it to locate the bad sectors on the drive and recover readable information; “/x” forces the drive to dismount
    before the process starts.

Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Nov 30, 2020
  4. System crashes after run CHKDSK /f /r /x

CHKDSK /f or /r not running

Hi peps.

I need a little help here the chkdsk command /f and /r and also I tried /x but all I get Scanning and Repairing. Its not working on my Desktop PC but its working on my Laptop both Windows 10 Verson 2004. I have looked at the Registry Editer and looked at
    BootExecute with the value atuocheck autochk *

Can you please help need advice.

DavidScott9000, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

System crashes after run CHKDSK /f /r /x

1. System crashes after run CHKDSK /f /r /x - Similar Threads - System crashes run

2. CHKDSK /F & /R query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CHKDSK /F & /R query: Hi everyone, I ran CHKDSK /F and then the CHKDSK /R on CMD which ran both times on system boot.These were both successful, there were no known errors and no FOUND.000 folder is available on the C drive. My question is does running these commands when there is nothing wrong...
  3. CHKDSK /F & /R query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHKDSK /F & /R query: Hi everyone, I ran CHKDSK /F and then the CHKDSK /R on CMD which ran both times on system boot.These were both successful, there were no known errors and no FOUND.000 folder is available on the C drive. My question is does running these commands when there is nothing wrong...
  4. chkdsk /f /r problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk /f /r problem: I run the chkdsk /f /r it checks the c: drive then it accidentally turn off when I turn it back on its a blue screen I try everything it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-f-r-problem/e8cb42cb-d44e-43da-8c8f-3e7004d7f444
  5. chkdsk /f /r problem

chkdsk /f /r problem: I run the chkdsk /f /r it checks the c: drive then it accidentally turn off when I turn it back on its a blue screen I try everything it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-f-r-problem/e8cb42cb-d44e-43da-8c8f-3e7004d7f444
  6. CHKDSK /f /r /x stage 5

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHKDSK /f /r /x stage 5: HiI have a external USB disk 16TB that is currently locked by chkdsk and is in stage 5 @15% and is not stuckThe disk is a few months old.Wanted to do a check on files only and not on free space. Anyway chkdsk is now checking free space. bad, free clustersHow can I close CMD...
  7. CHKDSK /f /r /x stage 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHKDSK /f /r /x stage 5: HiI have a external USB disk 16TB that is currently locked by chkdsk and is in stage 5 @15% and is not stuckThe disk is a few months old.Wanted to do a check on files only and not on free space. Anyway chkdsk is now checking free space. bad, free clustersHow can I close CMD...
  8. CHKDSK /f /r /x stage 5

9. CHKDSK /f or /r not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHKDSK /f or /r not running: Hi peps. I need a little help here the chkdsk command /f and /r and also I tried /x but all I get Scanning and Repairing. Its working on my Desktop PC but its working on my Laptop both Windows 10 Verson 2004. I have looked at the Registry Editer and looked at BootExecute...
  10. Running chkdsk /f /r. After disk wipe becouse of infection.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running chkdsk /f /r. After disk wipe becouse of infection.: Okay so my system got a very bad virus. It locked it out all the virus software. Created 3000+ new security events and took over the system. I ran bitdefender, Norton, defender, windows malicious removal tool Spybot Search & Destroy and a few more with out any headway.. it...