Windows 10: System Crashes / DPC Watchdog Violation (Green Screen) when using 3rd GPU

Discus and support System Crashes / DPC Watchdog Violation (Green Screen) when using 3rd GPU in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello there, I've been battling this issue for a while now, but I just can't seem to get it fixed. I'm using the following hardware: Asus X99-E WS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mirokla, Jul 28, 2019.

1. mirokla Win User

System Crashes / DPC Watchdog Violation (Green Screen) when using 3rd GPU

Hello there,

I've been battling this issue for a while now, but I just can't seem to get it fixed.

I'm using the following hardware:

Asus X99-E WS USB 3.1
    Intel i7-6850K 6-core 3.6GHz
    64 GB DDR4 Ram
    Corsair AX1200i PSU

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Hybrid

EVGA GTX 1080Ti Hybrid
    EVGA GTX 1080 Hybrid

And so far (I've tried this dozens of times), every time I add a 3rd GPU to my system, it just randomly crashes when the GPU's are under stress. I get a GREEN SCREEN with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error message. So I've tried googling for solutions, tried replacing the Intel C600+/C220+ SATA AHCI Controller driver for the standard one as recommended in a lot of forums and online postings. I've also made sure I'm using the recommended placement for 3 GPUs on the mainboard, according to the Asus manual. There should easily be enough power to run this build, so I believe this can only be a software issue, because 2 cards work fine, it's just the third (either of those 3) that causes the issue.

I wanted to update my BIOS, without success so far, I've also reached out to Asus to get support on that matter.

I'm not super good with software issues, but discovered that using the Win Event Viewer, I'm able to give you some memory crash reports, that might be able to tell you what's causing the issue, at least I hope so.

Find the MEMORY.DMP file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vRukSKNw4I_nRc1qL2_uR3W3uDP4pFS-/view?usp=sharing

If there is any other information that's required to assess this situation, please let me know, I'll provide anything that's needed.

Big thanks in advance, looking forward to getting some advice on this super frustrating issue.

:)

mirokla, Jul 28, 2019
  2. VeraKh Win User

Bluescreen DPC Watchdog Violation

It did just crashed again. The same problem - DPC Watchdog Violation

VeraKh, Jul 28, 2019
  3. brandonwh64, Jul 28, 2019
  4. System Crashes / DPC Watchdog Violation (Green Screen) when using 3rd GPU

DPC Watchdog Violation

I have an HP desktop that upgraded to windows 10. I continue to have the DPC Watchdog Violation blue screen. Any suggestions?

Don

PS I do not have a IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers on my device manager

DonaldKorn, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

System Crashes / DPC Watchdog Violation (Green Screen) when using 3rd GPU

1. System Crashes / DPC Watchdog Violation (Green Screen) when using 3rd GPU - Similar Threads - System Crashes DPC

2. Random Crashes - with a DPC Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Crashes - with a DPC Watchdog Violation: Hey Community,I've been getting very random complete lockups which after 1-4 minutes results in a DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION.Here is my most recent Minidump file -042623-5500-01.dmpHopefully we can resolve this problem.Feel free to reach out if you require more...
  3. DPC Watchdog Violation crash BUG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC Watchdog Violation crash BUG: Always crash when running WallpaperengineDebug dump:Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\110322-13312-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack...
  4. DPC Watchdog Violation crash BUG

DPC Watchdog Violation crash BUG: Always crash when running WallpaperengineDebug dump:Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\110322-13312-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack...
  5. DPC Watchdog Violation crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC Watchdog Violation crash: Always crash when running WallpaperengineDebug dump:Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\110322-13312-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack...
  6. DPC Watchdog Violation crash

DPC Watchdog Violation crash: Always crash when running WallpaperengineDebug dump:Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\110322-13312-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack...
  7. Crashing PC DPC Watchdog violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing PC DPC Watchdog violation: Hello, I have been having this problem for like a 6 months right now. Basically my PC often crashes randomally i can be on homescreen, playing game or in the browser doesnt really matter. Sometimes it crashes once a day or it can be like 5 times a day. It is due to dpc...
  8. DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION crashes again

DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION crashes again: Hi all,In August I posted requesting for help with the DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION crashes I was getting on a daily basis. I was told to uninstall and reinstall the NVIDIA drivers - this solution worked perfectly. Unfortunately, a very similar set of problems seem to be happening...
  9. DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION crashes again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION crashes again: Hi all,In August I posted requesting for help with the DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION crashes I was getting on a daily basis. I was told to uninstall and reinstall the NVIDIA drivers - this solution worked perfectly. Unfortunately, a very similar set of problems seem to be happening...
  10. Persistent DPC Watchdog violation crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Persistent DPC Watchdog violation crashes: Hello Microsoft Community, I'm new here so I hope I'm providing all the information you need to help me with this issue. I've recently gotten a upgraded to a new 4TB HDD from Western Digital and installed a clean copy of windows on it. My computer is custom built and I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DPC watchdog violation error gpu