Windows 10: System crashes on sleep mode

Discus and support System crashes on sleep mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all,I'm having to ask this question here because I've been back and forth with Dell Support and it has not been successful at all. They've replaced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dru Kahlenberg, Jul 28, 2023.

1. System crashes on sleep mode

Hi all,I'm having to ask this question here because I've been back and forth with Dell Support and it has not been successful at all. They've replaced the logic board, wireless card, graphics card, and the RAM but the problem continues to occur.Basically, when I try to put my computer to sleep, it doesn't "sleep" and all the lights and fan stay functioning. Then after leaving the unit alone for about 5 minutes, when I try to turn it back on by tapping the keyboard or clicking the mouse, it is unresponsive. It stays that way for about 5 or so more minutes and then restarts.The event viewer say

:)

Dru Kahlenberg, Jul 28, 2023

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Jul 28, 2023
  3. Win 10 - constantly shutting down into sleep mode every 64 minutes even when in active use!

Hi Steve,

• Did you check by setting sleep mode option to never?

If not, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 28, 2023
  4. System crashes on sleep mode

system freezes up in sleep mode

system freezes up in sleep mode, one monitor on and the other a sleep. Can not wake up system without hard reboot. Any suggestions?

SteveSchillinger, Jul 28, 2023
Thema:

System crashes on sleep mode

1. System crashes on sleep mode - Similar Threads - System crashes sleep

2. System crashes on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crashes on sleep mode: Hi all,I'm having to ask this question here because I've been back and forth with Dell Support and it has not been successful at all. They've replaced the logic board, wireless card, graphics card, and the RAM but the problem continues to occur.Basically, when I try to put my...
  3. Windows crashes in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes in sleep mode: When I leave my laptop untouched for a while it goes to sleep mode, but now windows just crashes. When I try to boot it it does not respond and after some time the fans just start blowing on full speed. I just press the power button for 5 seconds to shut it down and then...
  4. Windows crashes in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashes in sleep mode: When I leave my laptop untouched for a while it goes to sleep mode, but now windows just crashes. When I try to boot it it does not respond and after some time the fans just start blowing on full speed. I just press the power button for 5 seconds to shut it down and then...
  5. Windows crashes in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. sleep mode and system lock

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep mode and system lock: I am using windows 10 and my monitor goes to lock mode if i am not using mouse after 30 seconds. I have checked sleep mode, power mode, plug-in mode and all other things and still i am finding same difficulty....
  7. Crash on sleep mode

Crash on sleep mode: When I put my pc to sleep and start it up again it crashesHere are some All I can remember:CRITICAL PROCESS DIEDWhat Failed:Sys filesFile I used that could cause those problems:Avast Cleanup PremiumAvast Driver UpdaterShould I chkdsk or automatic repair?I did sfc /scannow and...
  8. Laptop crashes in sleep mode

Laptop crashes in sleep mode: Computer info:OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. System Model VivoBook_ASUSLaptop X421FQY_K413FQ Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 2304 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors BIOS Version/Date...
  9. System is not going to Sleep Mode

System is not going to Sleep Mode: System is not going to Sleep Mode. I have tried all options in both Control Panel and Settings yet the problem is unresolved. System is waking up within 5 Seconds....
  10. Crash while in sleep mode requires system restore

Crash while in sleep mode requires system restore: Recently I have been running into an issue where I’ll put my desktop in sleep and come back to find it prompting me to do start up repair steps. Doing the generic “restart and diagnose” has not worked, and so far my only solution has been doing system restores to a previous...