Windows 10: System crashes on starting netflix video due to HEVC Extension

Discus and support System crashes on starting netflix video due to HEVC Extension in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When my system wakes up from sleep and i try to start any video on netflix app for PC the system crashes and shows a black screen no mouse or keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AshishAdlakha, Jul 5, 2020.

1. System crashes on starting netflix video due to HEVC Extension

When my system wakes up from sleep and i try to start any video on netflix app for PC the system crashes and shows a black screen no mouse or keyboard input works and i have to hard restart it. This does not happen everytime the system wakes from sleep, this only happens when i put my system to sleep for like for 2-3 hours or more. After restart video playback works fine on netflix until i put my pc to sleep for hours and then again it happens after waking up. This started happening after Windows may 2020 update 2004. The log shows it is happening because ofHEVC Extensions i have installed for 4K playback HEVC support. I have pasted the event viewer log below.

My PC specs are :

i7 4771

GTX 1070

8x2 GB RAM

Gigabyte B85MD3H

Log:

Faulting application name: wwahost.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1, time stamp: 0x484cb762

Faulting module name: hevcdecoder_store.dll, version: 10.0.20155.1000, time stamp: 0xdca4a5b0

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000005d676

Faulting process id: 0x3534

Faulting application start time: 0x01d651db4abc41b2

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wwahost.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.HEVCVideoExtensions_1.0.31822.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\x64\hevcdecoder_store.dll

Report Id: 2892e2f0-45f1-40d7-9d83-681b0ae8e3ee

Faulting package full name: 4DF9E0F8.Netflix_6.96.725.0_x64__mcm4njqhnhss8

Faulting package-relative application ID: Netflix.App

:)

AshishAdlakha, Jul 5, 2020
  2. idunnowhy Win User

Netflix Error code: U7361-1254-C00DB3B2

As for me, i went to the Apps and Features as told by this guy, as i clicked on the HEVC Video Extension App the choice i got was "Reset" or something like that. I clicked it and it seemed to remove it from the list of apps anyway. Netflix worked after just
    that (Using the Netflix app or running in Microsoft Edge). I did not have to reinstall the old HEVC version from Microsoft. I'm not sure if i will need that later but at least i'll keep it in mind if i ever get video playback problems in the future.

idunnowhy, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Microsoft HEVC extensions: WIndows 10 Explorer crashes if an iPhone X HEVC MOV file is listed in "quick access" recent files

Hi,

Windows 10 1709 16299.192 64bit up to date

installed Microsoft HEVC extensions from WIndows Store so the Photos App and Movies can preview and play iPhone X HEVC MOV files

problem: Explorer invariably crashes each time I open "quick access" if a HEVC MOV file is listed in the recent files

the only way to stop the "quick access" view from crashing is to open another view (e.g. Dowloads), go to Properties and erase the file history

I can reproduce this any number of times, just by erasing the "recentrs" history, playing an iPhone X HEVC MOV file from Explorer, then open "quick access"

Explorer opens fine, it shows the MOV file, then after a fraction of a second Explorer becomes unresponsive and shortly thereafter it restarts

I believe it's a bug in the HEVC extensions, triggering an explorer crash, maybe when explorer tries to poll some property that became available with HEVC extensions

uninstalled and reinstalled HEVC extensions but no change

has anyone encountered this anomaly?

thanks

Roberto Fasiani, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Aemony Win User

System crashes on starting netflix video due to HEVC Extension

Netflix Error code: U7361-1254-C00DB3B2

Many thanks for this! Uninstalling HEVC in Apps and Features solved my issue entirely. I didn't even have to reinstall the old version before Netflix worked again.

Happy holidays!

Aemony, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

System crashes on starting netflix video due to HEVC Extension

1. System crashes on starting netflix video due to HEVC Extension - Similar Threads - System crashes starting

2. HEVC Video Extensions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HEVC Video Extensions: I am writing to you from Kremena Armencheva's profile. I purchased HEVC Video Extensions, but there is no link to download the application. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hevc-video-extensions/9051fd56-ddbf-4d04-876c-056a98718cae
  3. HEVC Video Extensions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC Video Extensions: I am writing to you from Kremena Armencheva's profile. I purchased HEVC Video Extensions, but there is no link to download the application. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hevc-video-extensions/9051fd56-ddbf-4d04-876c-056a98718cae
  4. HEVC Video Extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HEVC Video Extensions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC Video Extensions: I just purchased the HEVC Video Extensions but there was no download offered. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hevc-video-extensions/7b96ae89-51ef-448f-81c4-72bba6659f7a
  6. HEVC Video Extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HEVC Video Extensions: I just purchased the HEVC Video Extensions but there was no download offered. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hevc-video-extensions/7b96ae89-51ef-448f-81c4-72bba6659f7a
  7. HEVC Video extension not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HEVC Video extension not installing: Hi,I am trying to view HEIC image files on my Windows 10 PCI installed HEIF extension from Microsoft Store, it installed properly, but still Photos app is showing only blurry images.Upon googling i saw advice to install HEVC Video extension too.I bought HEVC Video extension...
  8. HEVC Video Extensions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HEVC Video Extensions: HEVC Video Extensions is no longer free on windows (0.99$ on the store), a shame. so there is a link do download freely this same extension without paying. https://www.free-codecs.com/hevc_video_extension_download.htm please share. submitted by /u/Kemuser [link]...
  9. HEVC Video Extension

HEVC Video Extension: I ordered the HEVC Video Extension because I downloaded a video from school and when I went to view it, it said "Should we download and install this extra content for Movies and TV?" When I click okay it says "Couldn't install. Something happened and we weren't able to...
  10. HEVC Video Extensions

HEVC Video Extensions: I paid for the HEVC Video Extensions but received no directions for download or how to access it. I still can not play video on my brand new Windows 10 computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hevc-video-extensions/c927d441-3479-4a75-8e3d-cf6113e25810