Windows 10: System crashing often after unsuccessful OS update

Discus and support System crashing often after unsuccessful OS update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop model is HP 17-by0xxx. I have tried to install the OS windows 10, version 2004 yesterdayMy earlier running one being version 1909. I couldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Arun Setty, Aug 2, 2020.

1. System crashing often after unsuccessful OS update

My laptop model is HP 17-by0xxx. I have tried to install the OS windows 10, version 2004 yesterdayMy earlier running one being version 1909. I couldn't find the update from windows update setting in my pc, so I tried to do it by force update using windows update assistant. It has taken some time for download and installation up to 70 percent was also fairly fast. But after that it has taken a lot of time like 6 hours and after that my pc requested for restart and it has stopped many times even while restarting and I slept thinking that the update will be successful by today morning but when I woke up, my whole laptop screen was blacked out and I couldn't press any buttons. So, I force stopped the update using power button and restarted it again which took me more than 3 hours to do so. And after that my laptop went black again and I have restarted it. This time it took 2 hours to restart and whole screen was shut for like 10 minutes after the start. I think that my laptop was slowed down because of the unsuccessful update process. My laptop bounced back to version 1909 again and I need to usewsl2 now in my project which is only available for version 2004. Please suggest me how to install version 2004 without any complications and then wsl2.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Arun Setty, Aug 2, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 2, 2020
  3. NIV
    Niv Win User
    Nvidia GT9600 Crashes often!

The... crash was not as often as before... but it still happens. I've done all the changes... and no I don't think there's a problem with my RAM chip since I've swapped them as suggested. I've also cleaned out the dust from the fans... help?

4. System crashing often after unsuccessful OS update

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

System crashing often after unsuccessful OS update

1. System crashing often after unsuccessful OS update - Similar Threads - System crashing often

2. Often Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Often Crash: My PC are crashing sometimes yes but I pay no mind in it, however this past week I got 3 crashes and 1 of it is a BSOD. I'd like to know what's happening to my computer.here are the dump...
  3. Often Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Often Crash: My PC are crashing sometimes yes but I pay no mind in it, however this past week I got 3 crashes and 1 of it is a BSOD. I'd like to know what's happening to my computer.here are the dump...
  4. Often Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. system crashing after updates

system crashing after updates: Did the updates today, restarted twice. Then started to do a little sim racing, a few minutes into that and suddenly the screen goes to a light blue with the message "your system has encountered a problem", it says its gathering info, a % number goes up, and when its done it...
  6. system crashing after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system crashing after updates: Did the updates today, restarted twice. Then started to do a little sim racing, a few minutes into that and suddenly the screen goes to a light blue with the message "your system has encountered a problem", it says its gathering info, a % number goes up, and when its done it...
  7. system crashing after updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. system crash randomly and often

system crash randomly and often: Hello,My problem seems very comun : system crash. Yet none of the replies to this topic helped solve it.Several times a day sometimes less then a minute after restart sometime several minutes after during random actions webbrosing, using file exlorer, playing a video, playing...
  9. System restore is unsuccessful

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore is unsuccessful: Each malware software product can be uninstall but may leave behind fragments in the registry. Run the Avira uninstall tool to see if it can find the fragments. Avira AntiVir Removal Tool - Download How do I uninstall my Avira product?... I tried that but it said nothing...
  10. BSOD (often after firefox crashes)

BSOD (often after firefox crashes): I have had a range of BSOD's everything from memory management, kernel security check faliure, PFN list corrupt, and faulty hardware corrupted page! Window reliability test registers a harware error. I've tried updating nvidia drivers, and used driver booster to...