Windows 10: System Data Usage Sucks Too Much Data

Discus and support System Data Usage Sucks Too Much Data in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I was just wondering if there are ways to reduce how my PC system's using data. I'm on a tight data plan so help is very much appreciated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bvsotelojr, Dec 8, 2018.

1. System Data Usage Sucks Too Much Data

Hello. I was just wondering if there are ways to reduce how my PC system's using data. I'm on a tight data plan so help is very much appreciated.

:)

bvsotelojr, Dec 8, 2018

2. Windows sucking up data

Hi Eshani,

There is a way to check which activity accumulates most of your data, like looking it up on Settings. Kindly follow these steps to show the data usage:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Select Network & Internet.
    • Click on Data usage tab.
    • Under Overview, Click on the usage bar.

System Data Usage Sucks Too Much Data b94df69c-4daf-454f-8fbb-ef4d5d070d0f?upload=true.png
    • On Usage details window, you will see the list of apps that uses data from the most to least.

Let us know which program accumulates most of your data.

Janeane Cru, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Unknown data usage

The Nokia Lumia Windows Phone has a very good considerable battery life. I wouldn't worry with having the Battery Saver featured enabled much because honestly you won't need it unless in case of emergencies. The data usage is very much so defined by your
    wireless carrier more than Windows Phone. You may need to contact them directly to ask why your data usage is increasing if you are not changing from your regular routines and the usage was not the same in usage.

This can also be defined by observing the things you do with Windows Phone. Your service area also defines when and where your data is used by the phone automatically because in a sense it tells the phone the only way it can function at certain times is
    via the data connection (hence increasing the data usage on your wireless plan). You can always disable the data features on Windows Phone. This is mainly what I suggest you do until you contact the carrier directly and alert them of what is going on. You
    should also consider using an unlimited data plan, or a data plan that only allows for WiFi usage. The very last step is how to completely disable the data features, but you can also try these steps as well to improve your data usage overall, follow
    these steps and then call your carrier to inquire about the data options you have:

If you don't have an unlimited data plan, you may be looking for ways to shave a little bit off of your data usage. This topic provides a few ways to turn down or turn off some of the features that require a data connection on your phone.
    Turn on Battery Saver
    Battery Saver turns off some, but not all, of the features that require a data connection. You can turn it on whenever you want, or set it to turn on automatically when your battery is low. To learn more, see Battery:
    making it last

• On Start, flick left to the App list, and then tap Settings
      System Data Usage Sucks Too Much Data start-icon-settings.png
      > Battery
      saver.

• Do one or both of the following:
      • If you want Battery Saver to turn on whenever the battery gets to 20%, select Always turn on Battery Saver when battery is low.
      • If you want to turn on Battery Saver now and leave it on until the next time you plug in your phone, select Turn on Battery Saver now until next charge.

Change email sync settings
    You can choose how often your phone automatically syncs email, or you can sync it manually, just when you want to.

• On Start, flick left to the App list, and then tap the email account whose settings you want to change.

• Tap More
      System Data Usage Sucks Too Much Data basic-icon-ellipses.png
      > Settings, and then tap Sync
      settings.

• Tap the Download new content list, then tap a time. If you don't want your phone to ever sync email from this account automatically, tap Manually.

Turn on airplane mode
    If you're looking to turn off your cellular connection just for a while, an easy way is to turn on airplane mode.

> Airplane
      mode.

• Turn Status to On.

Stop sending usage feedback with a data connection
    Your phone can send feedback to help improve Windows Phones, but you can choose not to send this feedback using a cellular data connection.

> Feedback.

• Clear the Use my cellular data connection to send feedback check box.

Turn off your cellular data connection
    The most thorough way to make sure you're not using data is to turn off your data connection altogether.

> Cellular.

• Turn Data connection to Off.

Jody.Brown, Dec 8, 2018
  4. System Data Usage Sucks Too Much Data

System data usage

We appreciate the additional information that you have provided. As the screenshot shows, System has used only 8.77 GB of data usage which is the estimated calculation for 30 days. The details that show that the data is for the past 30 days can be seen on
    the Overview page before clicking on Data usage. These data usage could have been acquired if there are downloaded updates on your computer.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

System Data Usage Sucks Too Much Data

1. System Data Usage Sucks Too Much Data - Similar Threads - System Data Usage

2. Too much background data usage while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too much background data usage while gaming: windows is the worst os ever. If had a choice for other OS with game support i will use that. everything aside window not letting me play a single online game by using all the background data. I have set the connection as metered. disables DVR with regedit, stopped background...
  3. Too much background data usage while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too much background data usage while gaming: windows is the worst os ever. If had a choice for other OS with game support i will use that. everything aside window not letting me play a single online game by using all the background data. I have set the connection as metered. disables DVR with regedit, stopped background...
  4. windows 10 system using too much data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 system using too much data: Hi microsoft Team, My laptop is using too much data. in data usage scrion mentioned that system is using that , please help me how to restric the data. Thanks Guru...
  5. Consuming too much data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Consuming too much data: My windows 10 laptop is consuming too much data and when i checked the data usage i found thatsetuphost.exe is the one which is consuming the entire data. It nearly consumed 100mb in less than 1minute.since i have daily data limit please help me to control my data usage....
  6. Too much data consumption

Too much data consumption: My windows 10 laptop is consuming too much data. I have tried setting the wifi as metered connection, turning off background apps. But nothing worked. When i check my data usage, i found that "system" Is consuming the whole data. Please help me with this problem..........
  7. Too much data usage on my hotspot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Too much data usage on my hotspot: How to I stop something from downloading on my computer. I have already set up metered usage for downloads. Right after I used a website to listen to a song I noticed my gig usage shot up and 2 days later right after I started my PC my data usage used 2 gigs. I checked my...
  8. System using too much data.

System using too much data.: I recently bought a windows 10 laptop. I am experiencing high data usage by the "system", which I learnt when I checked the data usage details. But currently I am using the system only for browsing. I have a daily data limit of 1 gb so it is becoming very hard to manage my...
  9. Too much data consumption by the windows system

in Windows 10 Customization
    Too much data consumption by the windows system: I am a user of windows 10 pro and I want help regarding the issue . Already I get less internet speed at my home out of which a major part is being used up by the windows system. The system consumes a lot of internet speed and as a result I face a lot of problems in browsing...
  10. "SYSTEM" taking too much of my mobile data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "SYSTEM" taking too much of my mobile data: Good day! From the very first time I used my wifi hotspot, I wondered why my data shared to my laptop is high when i was only using my email. The high usage of data is not equal to my online activity. It is too much! I checked the data usage which app is doing that and it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to set internet on Windows 10 not suck/consume data

2. windows 10 keep suck internet data

3. usage stats system sucking my data

4. Laptop system consuming too much data