Windows 10: System disk deleted space

Discus and support System disk deleted space in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I HAD a 1TB USB disk, partitioned into 2 x 500Gb - NTFS. Both partitions had data. I created a system restore disk on what I thought was one partition,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nomad UK, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Nomad UK Win User

System disk deleted space

I HAD a 1TB USB disk, partitioned into 2 x 500Gb - NTFS. Both partitions had data. I created a system restore disk on what I thought was one partition, but the result was that I ended up with one FAT 32 32Gb partition (called Restore), with approx. 27Gb spare capacity. All the other data was wiped. I can only re-format the disk as NTFS, losing the Restore volume - which is really no problem so I have done this. I don't seem to be able to erase the volume and start again on a 1Tb volume. Is this possible? And I assume the previous data is lost forever, on both partitions? Where are the other Gbs?
    Thanks,
    Mike

:)

Nomad UK, Apr 11, 2019

2. hard disk space

Hello,

Taking into consideration that the free space is shrinking fast, it is possible that your system is creating restore points. To
    delete restore points except for the recent one, simply follow the steps below:

• From the Cortana search box, type Disk Cleanup and click on the first result.
    • Once the Disk Cleanup window appears, select the
      More Options
      tab.
    • Under the System Restore and Shadow Copies column, click on the
      Clean up... button.

Once done with the steps, see if your disk space has expanded.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Low Disk Space error

Hi,

I suggest you to delete the unwanted applications or games installed on the device and also perform a Disk Cleanup.

In order to delete the games or applications, which has been downloaded from the Windows Store you need to right click on the game and select
    Uninstall option from the Start menu.

If the games that you are downloaded are .exe or the applications which are not downloaded from the Windows Store, you may try deleting it from the Control panel.

To do so, please follow the below steps.

• Right Click on Start Menu.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Click on the programs that you would like to uninstall.
    I suggest you to try the steps in the following article to free up space and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/free-up-drive-space

Also, refer to the Wiki Article created by
    Andre Da Costa
    from the below link:

How to free up disk space in Windows

How to free up disk space in Windows

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Apr 11, 2019
  4. System disk deleted space

My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/free-up-disk-space

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

System disk deleted space

1. System disk deleted space - Similar Threads - System disk deleted

2. Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...: I reinstalled Windows 10 and made System Restore Points and even i made some hard disk space for Automatic System Restore Points.After few days i found that System Restore Points are all deleted and even the hard disk space which i made for Automatic System Restore Points...
  3. Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...: I reinstalled Windows 10 and made System Restore Points and even i made some hard disk space for Automatic System Restore Points.After few days i found that System Restore Points are all deleted and even the hard disk space which i made for Automatic System Restore Points...
  4. Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Deleting files does not increase disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting files does not increase disk space: I wanted to reinstall a game on my laptop and couldn't because I did not have enough free space on the drive.I responded by trying to delete a slew of old saved games, which were backed up to my OneDrive despite my never having set them to be backed up #@$@#$ which resulted...
  6. Allocate more disk space to system drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Allocate more disk space to system drive: Hi, I need to Allocate more disk space to system drive, there are two partitions, C:50 GB, D:70GB, I don't have any other partitions, there's 10 gb free space on D drive, which I need to allocate/merge for C drive, so that OS drive has more free disk space, without Formatting...
  7. Operating System having no space left in the disk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Operating System having no space left in the disk: Backstory: So, my Windows 10 pc, which is 5 years old, was working fine for me until yesterday. When it stopped connecting to the internet. I found out there was nothing wrong, but it wasn’t connecting so I decided to restart it. At this point, windows 10 went into an...
  8. System running at 100% Disk space !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System running at 100% Disk space !: Ok , I’m a lil computer savvy I’d say but not really. I had this problem before and had to dig why down in the system files and change the indexing ratio from 1 to 0 and it fixed it for a while. I just looked at task manager again and it’s running at 100% Disk space again ......
  9. System Recovery Uses a LOT of Disk Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Recovery Uses a LOT of Disk Space: I have nothing loaded onto my laptop (because there's no room!!!) yet 72.9GB (of 110) is allocated to System Recovery. When I search for answers I'm pointed toward system restore points and setting max disk space. You can see that I've set max disk space at 2% but that's...
  10. Deleted Windows.old, not enough disk space freed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deleted Windows.old, not enough disk space freed: As the title suggests, only 9 gigabytes of disk space appear to have been freed after deleting roughly 18 gigabytes worth of old Windows files via Windows Disk Cleanup. Since the Windows.old folder still exists even after the cleanup, I decided to check the folder properties...