Windows 10: System disk drive suddenly full

Discus and support System disk drive suddenly full in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The sum of the sizes of the top level folders in my 222GB SSD Drive C: is 104GB, as it has been for a long time; however, suddenly Properties of drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnHughC, Jul 15, 2020.

1. JohnHughC Win User

System disk drive suddenly full

The sum of the sizes of the top level folders in my 222GB SSD Drive C: is 104GB, as it has been for a long time; however, suddenly Properties of drive C: says that 205GB is used, with only 17.2GB free. Virtual memory page file is1.2GB, Disk Cleanup offers only 4GB the Downloads folder. Avast Cleanup offers the same. I have tried Rebuild in Indexing Options reduced to almost no indexing at all, but this makes no difference. What's filling this space?

:)

JohnHughC, Jul 15, 2020

2. URGENT HELP NEEDED! HDD suddenly became blank!

Hey there, @Shamonto Hasan Easha!

I'd try re-plugging the hard drive and checking if the cable is damaged. I'd also suggest to try plugging the drive in another computer and see if it gets recognized properly there. Is it a IDE or SATA drive you're using?
    If the drive is unallocated, this means that the partition has been lost after the power went down.
    Check out this thread for more ideas on how to solve the issue. There are some detailed steps there that might be useful for you:
    http://superuser.com/questions/5442...n-on-ssd-suddenly-became-unallocated-disk-spa

Hope this helped.
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Remove spare hard disk as system disk

Thank you for your reply.

There's a possibility that your HDD was detected as OS drive during the Windows installation. To remove your HDD as system disk, we suggest reformatting it. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Disk Management.
    • Right-click on your HDD, then select Format.
    • On the Format windows, type your preferred Volume label,
      File system (NTFS is recommended)
      , Allocation unit size (leave as Default).
    • Check the Perform a quick format option, then click
      OK

Note: Please back up your files before reformatting the drive.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Just installed Windows 10 but, it is showing my current drive full. All space is taken by Windows folder.

Hi Sarah,

This might be caused by disk corruption. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest doing a check disk to help detect and fix disk corruption. Follow the steps below to run a check disk:

• Go to the drive you need to scan, in your case, the C drive.
    • Right-click on it then select Properties.
    • On the Tools tab, under Error-checking, click the Check button. It will start checking the drive for system errors.
    • If it detects an error, it will ask you to check the disk. If no errors are found, choose to check the drive nonetheless.

After doing so, restart your PC and check if the same issue will occur.

Give us an update on how it goes.

Anne Ros, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

1. System disk drive suddenly full - Similar Threads - System disk drive

2. C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL: Yesterday my C: Drive had 20.7gb free out of 110gb, but today suddenly it shows 6.7gb free out of 110gb, the available disk space keeps changing, like sometimes its 9gb sometimes its 6gb, i have used SFC /Scannow, Dism restorehealth, and i have checked if there is any virus...
  3. C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL: Yesterday my C: Drive had 20.7gb free out of 110gb, but today suddenly it shows 6.7gb free out of 110gb, the available disk space keeps changing, like sometimes its 9gb sometimes its 6gb, i have used SFC /Scannow, Dism restorehealth, and i have checked if there is any virus...
  4. C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Full system drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Full system drive: C: drive SSD looks like the window below. I don't know where the space has gone and a Dell program is telling me it can't update due to the shortage of space. I have run the MS utility to clean the drive inlcuding system files. So what now? How do I find what I can...
  6. C drive is suddenly full

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    C drive is suddenly full: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 (version 2004). Today I was using my laptop as I normally do, and suddenly I got a notification from windows letting me know it turned on Storage Sense. I found it very silly as I knew I had more than 50gb of free disk space on my C drive. My C...
  7. hard disk drive is full

hard disk drive is full: I am trying to free up spaces in my c drive. It seems my outlook pst file occupies a lot of space. I am trying to clear it, but still don't solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-drive-is-full/90f1de05-270c-4c3a-8779-a30c0cf05194
  8. Disk Drive Full

Disk Drive Full: On my Windows 10 laptop I am completely out of space on my hard drive. I only have 1 drive. OS:C. It is full. I've tried many different troubleshooting video's with no success. When I go to disk management to see my C Drive it shows I have no unallocated space.[IMG] When I...
  9. Windows hard drive suddenly full

Windows hard drive suddenly full: Hello all. So 3 days ago I cleared out 30 gigs of hard drive space and I was pretty happy cause it was hard and I eventually had 70 gigs of free hard drive space. Fast forward 3 days and I boot it up again. wasn't on in the days before and I plug a USB drive in for a file...
  10. Drive suddenly full

Drive suddenly full: I recently updated my windows and all of a sudden when I saw my PC folder my D drive blotted, like until yesterday only around 30Gb was the size that was filled and today it was suddenly 325Gb. A backup of some sort has been created and I am unable to clean it. It keeps...