Windows 10: System disk not seen in THIS PC

Discus and support System disk not seen in THIS PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It does show in Disk Management. My concern is that SAVE AS does not allow me access to locations on the HDD when C:\ is not shown. It is obviously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sebastian42, Jan 5, 2021.

1. System disk not seen in THIS PC

It does show in Disk Management. My concern is that SAVE AS does not allow me access to locations on the HDD when C:\ is not shown. It is obviously being accessed because the PC is running, yet does not show ! x32Win10ProV20H2

:)

Sebastian42, Jan 5, 2021

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Disk Drive not seen by Windows 10

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will assist you in troubleshooting the issue. The issue might have occurred due to incorrect hardware or software configuration or corrupt system files.

I suggest you to check with any other system if the drive gets recognized or not. If it gets, then I would
    suggest you to perform chkdsk and see if that helps.

Chkdsk is a system tool which verifies the file system integrity and fixes system errors. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command Chkdsk /f/r.

• Hit Enter.
    Get back to us for further assistance and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Jan 5, 2021
  4. System disk not seen in THIS PC

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue System disk not seen in THIS PC :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

System disk not seen in THIS PC

1. System disk not seen in THIS PC - Similar Threads - System disk

2. Constant disk activity from "system" process

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Constant disk activity from "system" process: Is it possible to limit how much logging and other writing to disk the system process (ntoskrnl.exe) does? If you look at the disk activity with task manager you'll see that system has a cycle, usually 10-15 seconds of writing at a rate of 0,1Mbs or so depending on your...
  3. Reinstalling Window 10 in another partition of the disk or on another disk, on the same system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Window 10 in another partition of the disk or on another disk, on the same system: If Disk Management shows two Disc with certain partition and Windows is installed in a partition of a disc. If the system is reinstalled/formatted, then the window is reinstalled on the same partition on which it was. But what to do if I want to install the window in another...
  4. Disk Usage 100% with system as the major issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Usage 100% with system as the major issue: Lately my laptop slowed down even though I only opened file explorer. I checked my task manager and my disk usage was 100%. I've tried many ways that I found on the internet like checking disk C, update windows 10, stopping sysmain, disabling diagtrack, defrag, MSI, prefetch,...
  5. System and disk errors

System and disk errors: Recently ive had some slow downs and freezes. I thought it was nothing but i had a memory managment error and couldnt even log in till i cleaned my hard drive and reinstalled windows. I ran sfc/ scanow and dskchk. Both come out with nothing wrong. Thought it was fine and...
  6. System disk not seen in THIS PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System disk not seen in THIS PC: It does show in Disk Management. My concern is that SAVE AS does not allow me access to locations on the HDD when C:\ is not shown. It is obviously being accessed because the PC is running, yet does not show ! x32Win10ProV20H2 171805
  7. New Windows 10 install on new disk on Arch Linux system with UEFI/GPT

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Windows 10 install on new disk on Arch Linux system with UEFI/GPT: My system has 2 x SSDs, one for Arch Linux the other for Windows 10. I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 on the 2nd SSD which has had all partitions removed. My UEFI boot partition is on Disk 0 which also has my Arch Linux OS. Disk 0 (GPT) Partition 1: EFI...
  8. Service Host: local system high disk usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service Host: local system high disk usage: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ron2898 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kox5io/service_host_local_system_high_disk_usage/
  9. Unallocated partition on disk C system drive - SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unallocated partition on disk C system drive - SSD: [ATTACH] Hello I noticed I have an unallocated space on my windows drive. The drive is SSD. Should I leave it be or can this somehow be allocated to the rest of the drive C:. Do I simply use the extend volume option in Disk Management on drive C:? [ATTACH]...
  10. Why Create A System Image cannot detect my additional hard disk?

Why Create A System Image cannot detect my additional hard disk?: Hi I was trying to create a system image via Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Backup and Restore Windows 7 , but it does not detect the additional hard disk D drive. Currently Windows system is located at C drive. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] If I select Next, it would show...